IGNORED

Leicester City

funky monkey

Some of the comments on here about established experienced Championship pros make me laugh. Had we signed, Schmeichel, Danns, Mills, St Ledger, Nugent etc City fans would be creaming themselves advising the bookies to stop taking bets.

Personally, I think Leicester will piss it

Some of the comments on here about established experienced Championship pros make me laugh. Had we signed, Schmeichel, Danns, Mills, St Ledger, Nugent etc City fans would be creaming themselves advising the bookies to stop taking bets.

Personally, I think Leicester will piss it

Do you want to take a bet on it?

Certainly Sven's record at Notts County, Mexico, Ivory Coast is second to none.... whistle.gif

Do you want to take a bet on it?

Certainly Sven's record at Notts County, Mexico, Ivory Coast is second to none.... whistle.gif

shhh!! let's avoid Benfica. Lazio, Sampdoria, IKF etc. Cheap shot. Who has won jackshit with Mexico, Ivory Coast or Notts Co??

And judging by the prediction in your signature, I shouldn't bet if I were you!!:innocent06: :innocent06:

In some ways Leicester's signings make a rod for their own back. Being outside the top six at any point will make for a very pressurised atmosphere around their club. Personally I think they'll be just outside the playoffs or scrape in but bottle again. Sven is in no way the manager he was fifteen years ago, he's extremely hands off and lets his staff do the work, really just an expensive figurehead. I think over investing like they are is a mistake borne of impatience that could have large repercussions - Leicester's owners are not going to do well with adjusting to the fact that in this division everyone beats everyone.

My money would be on Brum running away with it and West Ham being next. Neither are losing the core of their squads and both have enough in their squads to dominate, continuity counts a lot. I have some doubts about Allardyce but Hughton is a great appointment. I expect the usual suspects (Leeds, Forest, Cardiff, Reading) will be up there for the playoffs. I doubt Hull, Ipswich or Boro will do much more than mid table, they are clubs that are going to need squad rebuilding over a long period. Portsmouth may improve quite a bit given they've had some stability now I reckon.

As for us it'd be nice to be among the playoff contenders but I think 8-10th is more realistic. If we were to sign three defenders in the Caulker/Spence range of quality and move out the fringe like Johnson, Clarkson, Stewart and Hunt we might be able to surprise some people, but that is a very big ask in the transfer market as we're going to find it very hard to move those players on to create the necessary room in the squad.

http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2011/07/08/wolves-move-on-from-matt-mills/

Interesting read, Leicester were bidding against themselves for Mills and are paying him more than a number of Wolves players earn, enough though they have been in the PL for 2 seasons and he has played 90 minutes in the PL - Money to waste.

At this level, money doesn;t guarantee success, we have thrown enough at it (admittingly not at LCFC level) and got nowhere since we splashed the cash.

Really hope the scruffy foxes blow it (ala Baardiff), another ex-prem club who think they have a divine right to be there.

BCAGFC

There finish around 14th, I'll be surprised if Leicester make it into the top 10.

I will be very very surprised if they are outside the play-offs, they will be challenging West Ham and Birmingham for the top 2.

As much as people would love to think that the signings they have made aren't any good, I think they are kidding themselves a bit.

They finished strongly last season other than the last few games, they haven't finished spending yet and it looks likely they will be bringing in a quality striker even if it isn't Maynard.

I would think that once the season is under way, Sven will be using his contacts to bring in so big loan signings again too.

Sounds like they are also very interested in Owen Hargreaves - now if they could get him and keep him fit, that would be quite ridiculous in the Championship.

Unfortunately I think people are allowing this whole Maynard chase to cloud their better judgment.

I will be very very surprised if they are outside the play-offs, they will be challenging West Ham and Birmingham for the top 2.

As much as people would love to think that the signings they have made aren't any good, I think they are kidding themselves a bit.

They finished strongly last season other than the last few games, they haven't finished spending yet and it looks likely they will be bringing in a quality striker even if it isn't Maynard.

I would think that once the season is under way, Sven will be using his contacts to bring in so big loan signings again too.

Sounds like they are also very interested in Owen Hargreaves - now if they could get him and keep him fit, that would be quite ridiculous in the Championship.

Unfortunately I think people are allowing this whole Maynard chase to cloud their better judgment.

I think it's going to go t*ts up for them. Can't see Hargreaves wanting to drop down to the NPC. The signings made so far by them are hardly excellent. I'm pretty sure SGE will be gone by christmas with Leicester in the dog muck

I think it's going to go t*ts up for them. Can't see Hargreaves wanting to drop down to the NPC. The signings made so far by them are hardly excellent. I'm pretty sure SGE will be gone by christmas with Leicester in the dog muck

I really really really hope you are right. I just can't see it happening personally.

Can't agree with this. Leicester for me are going to be decent, how can they not be when you look at their squad, not sure if they will make top 2 but they will defo be in the pray-offs .

They've made good signings, all quality championship players of a good age , it not like they bought in has Beens and foriegners.

Can't see them failing .

Can't agree with this. Leicester for me are going to be decent, how can they not be when you look at their squad, not sure if they will make top 2 but they will defo be in the pray-offs .

They've made good signings, all quality championship players of a good age , it not like they bought in has Beens and foriegners.

Can't see them failing .

Agreed with that.

I agree that them trying to buy our prized asset, along with typical "surely can't win the league with money" if it was us I'd be very excited even though I'm annoyed at how much money is spent in football if it meant we had success. if they can get a goal scorer and a decent winger think they have a great chance, it's if they go overboard with buying a whole new team then it's silly but if not be surprised not to see them finish top 6.

Archived