IGNORED

What Does It Look Like?

Port Said Red

I Was just wondering if anyone has ever seen an "official bid" for a player? What does it look like? Does each club have it's own template or do the FA provide a standard form? Also, what confirms that it is official not just someone pulling some kind of prank?

I am just interested to know what the procedures are really..........

There was a fax from BCFC to the Egyptian club making an offer for Meteab published on the internet when we tried to sign him three years ago. Can't find it on google. It was a fairly short letter setting out the basic fee proposed.

I Was just wondering if anyone has ever seen an "official bid" for a player? What does it look like? Does each club have it's own template or do the FA provide a standard form? Also, what confirms that it is official not just someone pulling some kind of prank?

It looks just like a grubby envelope stuffed full of laundered twenties. Used to be delivered in a motorway service station but I understand these days it's normally a superyacht moored off a taxhaven.

This one was quite funny My link

This one was quite funny My link

How can he get suspended for that?!

Obviously it was a joke, but just maybe it was a Billionaire investor sanctioning the offer...? Who are the French FA to decide what clubs can bid for what players?... Terrible!

Was it Ronnie Moore at the time he managed Rotherham, who got "offered" the Leeds? job. He came out on the pitch said his good byes, generally said how much of a dream it was, to the point of belittleing Rotherham as a club to the national media - only for the whole thing to have been a wind up by some fans or something and he had to continue as manager of Rotherham!

I think those were the circumstances, maybe someone can confirm or correct, if indeed it actually happened and wasn;t some weird drunken dream! :laugh:.

Where is Ronnie Moore nowadays anyway, after that little saga!?!

How can he get suspended for that?!

Obviously it was a joke, but just maybe it was a Billionaire investor sanctioning the offer...? Who are the French FA to decide what clubs can bid for what players?... Terrible!

Terrible sense of humour failure from the French FA.

Was it Ronnie Moore at the time he managed Rotherham, who got "offered" the Leeds? job. He came out on the pitch said his good byes, generally said how much of a dream it was, to the point of belittleing Rotherham as a club to the national media - only for the whole thing to have been a wind up by some fans or something and he had to continue as manager of Rotherham!

I think those were the circumstances, maybe someone can confirm or correct, if indeed it actually happened and wasn;t some weird drunken dream! :laugh:.

Can't remember that, so would appreciate a link if anyone's got one. He has retired now, after leaving Rotherham following his 2nd spell there.

It was some radio presenter pretending to be David Sheepshank, the Ipswich Town Chairman at the time. Poor old Ronnie looked a bit silly.

He was recently sacked by Rotherham United.

Interesting. Thanks for sharing that. How did you get hold of it?

Ebay.

I bought it alongside two other letters from the late 80's, one from exeter and one from gillingham saying when our games were going to be played. Thought they were random enough to buy.

Those two are properly signed but this looks like its been photocopied, but it has the lines where its been in an envelope, so i assume its legit from somewhere.

Archived