IGNORED

Jay Bothroyd

sh1t_ref_again

Dont know the source or if it is true, as posted by someone on LCFC, but thought it was interesting as its aledgely from QPR to his agent but shows the money these guys are on

Hi Gianni,

Further to our conversation an hour ago I want to confirm that the

details below is the official final offer from Queens park Rangers FC:

Player Jay Bothroyd

Term 2 Years ( compulsory option for 3rd year if QPR are in Premier League

and the player makes 19 appearances in the 2013/2014 season ).

Salary £25,000 per week ( including S.O.F ) = £1,300,000.

Appearance £2,500 per game ( named in 18 man squad )

Bonus £250,000 for each season QPR remain in the Premier League ( payable at the end of each season )

£2,500 per game ( named in 18 man squad ) if QPR remain in Premier League ( payable at the end of each season )

Relegation If QPR are relegated in the 2011/2012 season then the player will be allowed to leave for the price of £1,250,000.

The player will receive £250,000 from the £1,250,000.

Buy-Out The player will have a buy-out price of £2,500,000. This will be applicable at the end of the 2011/2012 season if QPR remain in the Premier League.

Agents Fee £130,000 per year (£260,000) as per representation agreement.

£25,000 payable each year QPR are in Premier League.

Please confirm by return that the above is correct.

Best,

Sky "

This is a letter from his agent laugh.gif

Sadly, this is probably fairly accurate of any Bosman Transfer t&c in modern day football. I'm sure the joke of an England cap he recieved also helps increase his stock.

I'm not suggesting this letter is or isn't genuine, but i think the figures and terms are probably about right for a free transfer joining a premier league club.

I'm afraid the rest of us will just have to go to work everyday for the rest of our lives to earn a fraction of what he (and many others) will earn in a year, for playing football! :disapointed2se:

how rediculous, but it is the agents fee that bugs me - £130k pa, plus money if qpr stay up? And he doesnt actually do anything for it once bothroyd signs! The 92 league clubs should sign an agreement to confirm that no more agents fees will be paid, and if they want a remuneration, the players pay for it themselves. I am sure someone has worked out what the total fees are per year, that is being paid for by people going through turnstyles, as well as tv money, but is going into the pockets of people outside the game.

I have dealt with Agencies before in my own role in financial services, and the agent is asked by a new employer to provide a suitable candidate, and is paid a % of the new candidates salary once they agree to start work there. In football it seems like the agents are running around looking for their candiates to move positions to generate further income, but in every sense are acting for the player rather than the club, but the club are having to pay the costs of it. Like I say, if the players need an agent, they should pay for their services.

There's no mention of a signing on fee - Bothroyd's being shafted!

Isn't the S O F mentioned the Signing On Fee. Just as an aside, if Bothroyd had a change of heart and went back to Cardiff looking sheepish do you think he'd get shafted then?

I'll get my coat :whistle2:

Dont know the source or if it is true, as posted by someone on LCFC, but thought it was interesting as its aledgely from QPR to his agent but shows the money these guys are on

Hi Gianni,

Further to our conversation an hour ago I want to confirm that the

details below is the official final offer from Queens park Rangers FC:

Player Jay Bothroyd

Term 2 Years ( compulsory option for 3rd year if QPR are in Premier League

and the player makes 19 appearances in the 2013/2014 season ).

Salary £25,000 per week ( including S.O.F ) = £1,300,000.

Appearance £2,500 per game ( named in 18 man squad )

Bonus £250,000 for each season QPR remain in the Premier League ( payable at the end of each season )

£2,500 per game ( named in 18 man squad ) if QPR remain in Premier League ( payable at the end of each season )

Relegation If QPR are relegated in the 2011/2012 season then the player will be allowed to leave for the price of £1,250,000.

The player will receive £250,000 from the £1,250,000.

Buy-Out The player will have a buy-out price of £2,500,000. This will be applicable at the end of the 2011/2012 season if QPR remain in the Premier League.

Agents Fee £130,000 per year (£260,000) as per representation agreement.

£25,000 payable each year QPR are in Premier League.

Please confirm by return that the above is correct.

Best,

Sky "

This is a letter from his agent laugh.gif

Cant see that being genuine, anyone 'leaking' that would be in deep shite (there'd be very few suspects) & I'd imagine most media hackers/ PI hackers are keeping a rather low profile right now!!

Only a complete nutter would breach confidentiality in this way surely?

PS: if the figures mentioned look about right (& acceptable?) - I reckon running a Club Hot Air Balloon would be a drop in the ocean & an absolute bargain!!! :yawn:

Cant see that being genuine, anyone 'leaking' that would be in deep shite (there'd be very few suspects) & I'd imagine most media hackers/ PI hackers are keeping a rather low profile right now!!

Only a complete nutter would breach confidentiality in this way surely?

PS: if the figures mentioned look about right (& acceptable?) - I reckon running a Club Hot Air Balloon would be a drop in the ocean & an absolute bargain!!! :yawn:

Not one mention in that about anything related to performance. Wouldn't a striker be looking for a goal or assist bonus? £2500 just for making the squad of 18? If these figures are right there is a good chance that Patrick Agyemang gets something similar, how crazy is that!!

Archived