IGNORED

All These Rich Clubs In The Championship

numbeast

When I read about how rich Leicester City Southampton and Forest are I have to smile to myself. They all seem to believe we are on the verge of bankruptcy, and without Steve Lansdowns cash we could well be. But these clubs also look to wealthy benefactors and when you compare the various owners fortunes Steve is well up there with the best of them and richer than most. The value of Hargreaves Lansdown is in exess of £3bnand SL's stake of just over 20% gives him £587M in shares alone combine this with the money he made when the company was floated on the stock market and the sale of £50+ last year his personal wealth is £750M (http://www.professionalpensions.com/professional-pensions/news/2069080/peter-hargreaves-worth-gbp102bn-pair-top100-rich-list). Whilst other chairmen/owners have seen their fortunes affected by the recession the Bristol based finance company have prospered.

The difference between or owner and ex chairman and the likes of other club is Steve Lansdown isn't prepared to look for the quick fix by buying the clubs promotion because it is unsustainable and there is no assurances that it'll work. Leicester are trying to buy their way out of this league just as Cardiff have tried before them but how long will Vichai Raksriaksorn stick around if Sven doesn't lead them to the promised land? He's worth around $205 USD but has just lost a contract in his native Thialand which could cost him dear. There are wealthier owner than SL but most of these manage their clubs in a similar way to our club. I'm not saying LCFC will go to the wall if Sven fails to deliver the Premier League at the end of the season I do believe this is an all or nothing season for them and doubt they'll do the same next year. It does seem though that the saying "Empty vessalls make most noise" applies to football very well

Its just these lazy journo's. They have to cover so many storys many can't be assed to actually take some time and research certain cubs so they just go on the one main thing they have heard. In our case they see our 12 mill lost last year put 2 and 2 together and we are a club in finacial crisis :fastasleep:

Really is a load of bull to be honest.

Its just these lazy journo's. They have to cover so many storys many can't be assed to actually take some time and research certain cubs so they just go on the one main thing they have heard. In our case they see our 12 mill lost last year put 2 and 2 together and we are a club in finacial crisis :fastasleep:

Really is a load of bull to be honest.

Well, they could just hack Steve's phone.:innocent06:

Funnily enough, The Sun today described us as "the cash strapped Robins". Things are not that bad are they!?

Quite ironic really considering they are part of the same group as the Financial Times who publish the "Rich List". Isn't their Editor or someone like that a City fan?

Quite ironic really considering they are part of the same group as the Financial Times who publish the "Rich List". Isn't their Editor or someone like that a City fan?

Dominic Mohan is indeed a City fan. He should know better. Okay, we have lost a fair few million each year for the last 2-3 seasons, but so do most clubs. Can't see why we are any more cash-strapped than others.

It's all very useful having a rich owner, but how will the new financial fair play rules affect his ability to subsidise big losses? Not in terms of his financial ability, more in terms of the extent to which he is allowed to do so- this would be my concern.

They will have very, very little impact in the next five years.

If we get the stadium - none.

Archived