IGNORED

How Long Until Alcohol Is Banned ?

Fiale

We know it's coming, the anti-smoking lobby are working closely with the anti-alcohol lobby and passing on what they know worked.

So thinking of the health of our children, the costs to the NHS, the crime and wasted lifes caused by Alcohol how long until

1. Advertising Ban

2. Huge increase in prices due to increased duties

3. No selling individual bottles, cans or 4 packs

4. ban in certain pub and bars with Children

5. Wellll who knows, after all Alcohol causes more damage to society, families and the state than smoking

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2013956/How-alcohol-REALLY-safe-Scientists.html

Remember it was the WHO that helped give gravitas to the anti lobby when it came to smoking.

"Writing in the Canadian Medical Association Journal, they said the WHO International Agency of Research on Cancer had found alcohol to be carcinogenic in both animals and humans. The researchers added that a joint 2007 report of the World Cancer Research Fund and the American Institute for Cancer Research warned of the link between alcohol and cancers in the mouth, throat, esophagus, liver, colon-rectum and breast cancers."

I give it 4-5 years to get to where we are not with Ciggies.

Don't think it'll be banned - that didn't really work when the US tried that in the past - but I agree that punitive taxes are likely to be added to the unit price to reflect the so-called "social price" of "alcohol abuse".

Of course these will start to push booze out of the price range of the ordinary man, although MPs and indeed GPs will still have no problem affording a tipple.

Don't think it'll be banned - that didn't really work when the US tried that in the past - but I agree that punitive taxes are likely to be added to the unit price to reflect the so-called "social price" of "alcohol abuse".

Of course these will start to push booze out of the price range of the ordinary man, although MPs and indeed GPs will still have no problem affording a tipple.

Yes, especially MPs with their tax payer subsidised commons bar. Why we subsidize their drink habits is beyond me... they truly do think they are a class above us all.

WHO rate coffee and tea as both being higher risk carcinogens than alcohol. Daily Mail science is nothing but outright lies, exaggeration and fearful propaganda sadly trusted by the naive right wing; that's the paper that should've been closed down.

cell_phones.png

Archived