IGNORED

Anthony Gardner

Ryan 7

kinda reminds me of a better version of clayton fortune. Is the reason hull released him because of his wages, or he wasnt very good though? If he has been playing regularly, and looks good I couldnt see any reason why not, I guess we dont want another damion stewart though where someone is bought in on big wages but not really looking very good.

Nearly at 30 years of age,

We are looking at young and promising upcoming Defenders which is the right way to go. :)

No harm in mentioning his name tho.

Would had been a good signing a couple of seasons ago.

I agree with Millen's and the club's philosophy of targeting young promising players, but experience in the squad is still vital. There has to be the right balance. He's only 29. Many fans on here write players off if they're any older than 28, which is madness. That's the peak age for a defender and he could play on for the next 4 years or longer. Looks like he's keeping himself fit and is ambitious about playing in the Prem again. He would pass on much experience to our younger defenders. Millen may well have other targets in mind, but we could do a lot worse than Gardner.

Archived