IGNORED

What Is Your Early Prediction

South Bristol Red

171 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10-12th - even with Maynard going, I still think we have a good attacking line-up and kerf will get a good couple defensive loanees to help. With the division being so strong I'd be happy this year to consolidate, no relegating fears and the team to play good short passing attacking football

About 64% say the bottom half, and only 7% think we have any chance of finishing in the top 6.

However, I think that says more about other teams than ourselves. We've seen some strong teams come down, strong teams come up and teams already in this division spend heavily.

I hope, and I think, the established squad and good team work ethics that Keef's developing is enough for us.

As sad as I am to say this I think we will score goals and be amongst the top scoring teams but sadly the lack of defensive cohesion makes me plump for 16th -18th or even lower. Please prove me wrong but the last two seasons I have been spot on. sorry folks just got a bad feeling about it.

I confess I put champions :yahoo:

I don't feel 1 team will walk the league, I think it will be very close & I have faith Keith will add at least 2 defenders to the team & I personally feel we have one of the best attacking teams in the league, Maynard/Stead/Pitman/Taylor all look & are quality, Adomah/Bolasie/JCR(if he can be consistent)/Woolford(all to prove) so top class wingers & Cisse I would argue is the best mid in the league...absolute class & kilkenny looks like a class act....

But hey I'm always optimistic !!

COYR !!!!!!

:winner_third_h4h:

with the new season a few weeks away and nothing much happening on here i thought i would start a poll :winner_third_h4h:

so where do you think we will end up this season?

As eveybody else Im looking to the defence. Is Fontaine injured? As I said before, if the defence problem is sorted out and we can remain Nicky we sure be top 10. Otherwise it can be difficault. Stewart are to many kilos, and to slow at the moment, saw him on player. As I see it we have Ribbs, Carey, Wilson, Fonts, Nyatanga, Macca and Edwards as defenders. Ar they fit and good enoff? Hope so. Ribbs and Wilson can make it this season, knock on wood they avoids injuries. Hunt I dont know, maybe he played las year with an injurie? Anyway looking forward to august 6. Coyr!!!

I dont see why so many people think we'll do worse than last year, granted we dont have Caulker but we havn't really lost anyone else that played a main part in finishing 16th was it? I mean we've sorted a priority position by bringing Kilkenny in and If we have Maynard for a full season not just for a few games, and sign one or two defenders which keef will do. I can see us finishing around the just outside of the play offs.

I dont see why so many people think we'll do worse than last year, granted we dont have Caulker but we havn't really lost anyone else that played a main part in finishing 16th was it? I mean we've sorted a priority position by bringing Kilkenny in and If we have Maynard for a full season not just for a few games, and sign one or two defenders which keef will do. I can see us finishing around the just outside of the play offs.

that was my thinkin as well with a couple of defenders onboard could be a good season :fingerscrossed: this is football anything could happen so lets be positive is my moto 'always believe' anyone ?

Kilkenny is an excellent signing by all accounts and will address a priority need in midfield. However the talk of international duty bothers me to a degree, I wouldn't be surprised to see him only start around 30 games this season and as such we're in no stronger a position at our core for around a third of the season - speculatively speaking clearly.

Bolasie cannot be expected to repeat Adomah's feats, just as Adomah himself cannot be expected to replicate his own.

With or without Maynard we are relatively strong up front without injury. Stead and one of Maynard or Pittman is an attack worthy of most teams in the league - scratch the surface and our backup options should do a capable, deputising, job.

As we all know defence is the big worry. Riberio and Wilson are promising talents and should be given every chance but their injury records mean they cannot be relied upon. If they're fit great, but for me it's a bonus rather than a consideration.

Away from those we have Carey, who I personnaly wouldn't have given an extension - although that is clearly dependent on getting people in which we're struggling to do, Nyatanga who has never really convinced, McAllister who has needed competition at least for the past two seasons and Fontaine, who is suddenly an absolutely pivotal member of the squad.

The league looks strong and we, at least currently, look marginally weaker.

Voted 13th-15th which is about the best I can see, maybe the next bracket up but that would represent a good, and suprising, season for me.

We'll be closer to the bottom than the top, playoffs is dreamland right now.

Archived