IGNORED

Squads For Tuesday Games

bangers

City v Cheltenham Town: James; Carey, Stewart, Nyatana, McAllister; Adomah, Elliott, Skuse, Campbell-Ryce; Stead, Maynard. Subs: Carey (gk), Holloway, Muggeridge, Lennox, Fawke.

City v Bath City: Gerken; Edwards, Hunt, Holloway, Ball; Bolasie, Cisse, Johnson, Woolford; Clarkson, Taylor. Subs: Carey (gk), Muggeridge, Lennox, Fawke.

Make what you will.....

Pretty clear idea of who figures in KM's first xi and who doesnt.

Not really; without Fontaine, Wilson, Ribs Pitman and Killkenny avaialable (i didn't know JW and NK were injured?), he has to shuffle the pack accordingly. I think that if everyone's fit and Maynard is still here come August 5th that will be our starting front line (but thats fairly obvious IMO) and it is interesting that Campbell-Ryce has been chosen on the left over Woolford and Bolasie, but other than that i think it shows little. Even if we don't manage to get another defender or 3 in, do you really think our back line on the opening day will be Carey-Stewart-Nya-Macca? I bl00dy hope not anyway!!!

Not really; without Fontaine, Wilson, Ribs Pitman and Killkenny avaialable (i didn't know JW and NK were injured?), he has to shuffle the pack accordingly. I think that if everyone's fit and Maynard is still here come August 5th that will be our starting front line (but thats fairly obvious IMO) and it is interesting that Campbell-Ryce has been chosen on the left over Woolford and Bolasie, but other than that i think it shows little. Even if we don't manage to get another defender or 3 in, do you really think our back line on the opening day will be Carey-Stewart-Nya-Macca? I bl00dy hope not anyway!!!

yes i do Chip we don't have anyone else

Think due to James Wilson and ribieros injury Nicky hunt is pretty much forced into the side.

I am someone who is going to bath so ..... £10 to see hunt play. Great :-/

to be fair we know hunt isn' anywhere near the first team but we've seen it before with players like Steve "Tanman" Jones can come back and force their way in,

To be fair to hunt I was talking to walshy the other day and he says Hunt is first to training and last to leave so he is highly professional and works hard just he doesn't fit here,

To be fair to hunt I was talking to walshy the other day and he says Hunt is first to training and last to leave so he is highly professional and works hard just he doesn't fit here,

I've been told the same thing on multiple occasions by various people.

The thing that jumped out at me was Cisse being in squad two. I thought it was fairly obvious that him and Elliot were the best central midfield partnership. A midfield two containing Marvin holding and either Skuse and Johnson alongside has been consistently overrun and simply doesn't help the shaky defense. I'm ignoring Kilkenny because he's not available.

It's a bit sad I know but I'm starting to feel a little sorry for Hunt..... The guy is working his bollocks off trying to get a game, very professional, training in a way you wish all players would, having to play games with the kids, and doing so without complaining, must be a real kick in the nuts for his self esteem.

I'd be interested to hear how he plays tonight (as I can't make it to the game) as he's up against a fairly good opposition and is going to be trying hard to impress.... either our management or those of likely employers elsewhere!

I'd like to see the last of the "He's just sitting back and enjoying his wage" comments..... we'll see how he shows tonight!

IMHO.

(don't shoot me.....please?)

The only surprise is definitely Cisse being in 'squad 2' considering all the other absentees he has. I hope not, but perhaps he's one of the players Millen was talking about when he said they "played themselves out the team". Also am I wrong in thinking Cisse has played centre back for a couple games? If so surely it's unfair to base a players pre-season form when he's played out of position.

It's a bit sad I know but I'm starting to feel a little sorry for Hunt..... The guy is working his bollocks off trying to get a game, very professional, training in a way you wish all players would, having to play games with the kids, and doing so without complaining, must be a real kick in the nuts for his self esteem.

I'd be interested to hear how he plays tonight (as I can't make it to the game) as he's up against a fairly good opposition and is going to be trying hard to impress.... either our management or those of likely employers elsewhere!

I'd like to see the last of the "He's just sitting back and enjoying his wage" comments..... we'll see how he shows tonight!

IMHO.

(don't shoot me.....please?)

Yep a bit harsh on Hunt, I think the boy has lost it completely as a footballer, but to be dumped completely and made to train with the youth and reserve setup has to be fairly soul destroying.

Source: someone that works at the club and gets to see them train every day. Don't ask me about possible transfers etc as this guy will not be in the know about these kind of things.

Archived