IGNORED

Yeovil Tomorrow

brad blit

Heres my guesss...... its just based on a funny feeling, nothing more. I wonder if Keef will look into this formation at some point incase Maynard does leave.

-----------------------------James-------------------------

McAllister-----Nyatanga------Stewart---------Carey

--------------------Elliott-------------Skuse--------------

Bolaise---------------------JCR----------------Adomah

-----------------------------Stead----------------------------

Maynard will be on the bench, this is obviously bearing in mind that Pitman and Kilkenny are out, Cisse dosnt seem to be in Millens plans currently (returned overweight after hols and disappointing midweek). The other burning question is will Hunt be on the bench...... im going with Yes, due to injuires

nope we will play our stongest squad using 4-4-2 the formation Millen has used in every friendly

James

Macca Nyayranga Fontaine Carey

JCR Skuse Elliot Adomah

Maynard Stead

With Stewert Taylor Carey Johnson Cisse on the bench

I think whether Fontaine features at all will be the most interesting point, if he doesn't, then realistically FGR next Tuesday is a must for him if he is to have any chance at all of facing Ipswich.

Otherwise with Kilkenny sidelined, the only issue (assuming LF doesn't make it) would be which 2 out of Stewart, Nyatanga and Wilson start, if Fontaine does play then it's one from those three.

Despite Hunt's encouraging display at Bath I doubt he'll feature and based on that game I wouldn't expect Bolasie or Taylor to start .

I hope your right...... its just a funny feeling with my 4-5-1 suggestion. Also why is everyone suggesting Fonts? I thought he was still out injured??

Well he's not mentioned in the last injury update http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10327~2397042,00.html so i'm presuming he's fit. As the squad stands (with everyone fit) i think Fonts and Wilson is probably our best pairing

I hope your right...... its just a funny feeling with my 4-5-1 suggestion. Also why is everyone suggesting Fonts? I thought he was still out injured??

he's been training since we returned he had surgery over the summer and is now ready for a game he needs to play the next 3 games for 90 minutes to be realisticly fit for the season

I would like to see Fontaine & Wilson as our CB when they are both fit fingers crossed, imo Millen says we need a CB & a LB, maybe he has tried Fonts & Wilson in training and it didn't work but i think it could work, time will tell.

McAllister always give 100%, and he is still a good mid table championship LB imo.

Should really be playing Hunt ahead of Carey after his last performance. The only way Hunt can get any kind of form is if we play him, it'd be far better to play him than a player who shouldn't have even been offered an extension.

His performance in the week should have at least got him on the bench.

Same team as Cheltenham! Maynard and stead start upfront

I presume this is because he's decided it was zonal marking rather than individual ineptitude that caused the recent defensive frailties. I think its a fair line up, but would rather see Fontaine and Wilson as centre-halves. Maybe two different central pairings, one in each half?

Should really be playing Hunt ahead of Carey after his last performance. The only way Hunt can get any kind of form is if we play him, it'd be far better to play him than a player who shouldn't have even been offered an extension.

So Nicky Hunt has all of a sudden become more important than Louis Carey for Bristol City?.

Most sense i've heard on here in a long while.

I think its a very drastic time for city if people see louis as a player who will take us forward this season.

I presume this is because he's decided it was zonal marking rather than individual ineptitude that caused the recent defensive frailties. I think its a fair line up, but would rather see Fontaine and Wilson as centre-halves. Maybe two different central pairings, one in each half?

I guess Fontaine's complete lack of match fitness (his last game was back in March) is the reason why he's on the bench, with Wilson presumably not starting because he's had a week out before the Bath game.

The full backs seem certs if no new defenders come in, but time is running out on deciding the best CB pairing, though....

City: James; Carey, Stewart, Nyatanga, McAllister; Campbell-Ryce, Skuse, Elliott, Adomah; Maynard, Stead. Subs: Carey (gk), Fontaine, Wilson, Woolford, Reid, Bolasie, Clarkson.

From OS

I guess the only real surprise is the omission of Cisse even from the bench as he isn't listed as injured.

So Nicky Hunt has all of a sudden become more important than Louis Carey for Bristol City?.

I believe its an acute case of happy clapper syndrome. Please beware it is catching. I myself drove past Mr Hunt at end of last season and thought something along the lines of 'berk' (great old school word please use it today). Then Ive read about his attitude at training, asking for dvds of his performances and his performance at Bath(both playing and mentally, appeared happier). And anyway Im going to give him another go. Everyone deserves a second chance.

I would go all Kevin Keegan (love it just love it) if he played his way back into the team and became our unlikely defensive saviour! Who doesnt love a disney style happy ending?

Mr Hunt I believe!

It's looking to me, as I've always suspected, that for whatever reason the 3 Coppell signings Cisse,Hunt and Stewart have faces that don't fit. Every one was dropped regularly last season. Is it a Millen thing? (Don't forget that every previous signing was effectively Millen's through the Johnson era). Is it the board? Were these all brought in on high salaries during the euphoria of Coppell's short stay?

Stewart starts today but that's about injuries and lack of signings.... you know he won't start the season.

I don't understand how a business can just discard employees in this way. Do other clubs do it?

On side note, most clubs at our level are looking to fill up their squads not looking to off load - are we poorly run by comparison? in my opinion these 3 players can enhance our first team but as it stands we're weaker than last year having lost Spence and Caulker the only genuine first teamer to have been brought in is (injured) Kilkenny whilst fading old favourites and unconvincing players such as Carey McAllister Nyatanga Gerken Johnson Skuse Jackson are no nearer the exit door and remain first team contenders.

Gotta feeling this will be a long hard season - again and I really fear for Millen if people expect more than a struggle.

I guess it would be asking too much of our local media to grill Keith on why players are overlooked?

Rant over COYR

Archived