IGNORED

Ipswich Expect To Announce New Signings

Coxy27

Ipswich manager Paul Jewell expects to announce a double signing at the club on Monday. http://bit.ly/oNDjfD

Just thought I'd share this news from twitter as it will affect our first day encounter.

Was always going to be a tough match anyway, and these would be two decent additions to their side, but I'm still quietly confident.

We're 6/5, they're 15/8 with the draw priced at 9/4.

I wouldn't describe odds of 6/5 as those of a team likely to get 'battered'...

Considering odds are determined by demand they more than likely mean sweet FA.

Considering odds are determined by demand they more than likely mean sweet FA.

If what you said were true; which by the way it isn't enitrely, demand certainly makes a difference to the odds offered by a bookmaker, but it doesn't determine the total value offered, in fact it only has a scaled bearing; then even so it would suggest that more people think that City are worth a bet than do Ipswich, suggesting that there are people who don't believe that City will be battered, and I'm certainly one of them.

If what you said were true; which by the way it isn't enitrely, demand certainly makes a difference to the odds offered by a bookmaker, but it doesn't determine the total value offered, in fact it only has a scaled bearing; then even so it would suggest that more people think that City are worth a bet than do Ipswich, suggesting that there are people who don't believe that City will be battered, and I'm certainly one of them.

Demand has a knock on effect on odds prices. My point was more that odds have little in touch with reality and are very often wrong, to say the man at Ladbrokes and his customers think we might have a better chance than Ipswich has about as much influence on the match as tossing a coin.

Fanatic = a person with an extreme and uncritical enthusiasm or zeal,

I really do suggest you change your user name.

I am a Fanatic 'Red' (city fan) so no, i dont need to change my name! and yes i know exactly what the word 'Fanatic' means also.

The fact that im being a realistic fan doesnt mean to say im not a 'Fanatic Red'

Glad we've cleared that 1 up.

Interesting, coming from someone who probably doesnt even live in Bristol? Ive been supporting city all my life, ive never missed a game! dont question my support, not ever.

Its not intererting. Im not living in Bristol but have supported City since 1970. I missed most of the games offcause. But now I got the fortune to have a job and see 3 or 4 games every season. And maybe 2 in the Swedish TV. It was a question to you because imo I think you always are negative to our Club. I dont question your support any more, I know now that You are a true City fan. 1970 I was probably the only one in Scandinavia who supported City. 2011 we got probly 100 supporters round Europe. If City can make the step to pl we can make mutch more supportes to the Club. Im going to the gate in oct 14, Peterborough home. Maybe we can meet in Bs3? Im tall and skinny wearing a black leather jacket with a City scarf? take care.

Its not intererting. Im not living in Bristol but have supported City since 1970. I missed most of the games offcause. But now I got the fortune to have a job and see 3 or 4 games every season. And maybe 2 in the Swedish TV. It was a question to you because imo I think you always are negative to our Club. I dont question your support any more, I know now that You are a true City fan. 1970 I was probably the only one in Scandinavia who supported City. 2011 we got probly 100 supporters round Europe. If City can make the step to pl we can make mutch more supportes to the Club. Im going to the gate in oct 14, Peterborough home. Maybe we can meet in Bs3? Im tall and skinny wearing a black leather jacket with a City scarf? take care.

I didn't know OTIB was a dating website? wub.gif

I am a Fanatic 'Red' (city fan) so no, i dont need to change my name! and yes i know exactly what the word 'Fanatic' means also.

The fact that im being a realistic fan doesnt mean to say im not a 'Fanatic Red'

Glad we've cleared that 1 up.

How does that clear it up?! It just reinforces what the first guy said and makes your name sound even more hypocritical! To suggest they're going to "batter" us is pessimism, not realism.

Archived