IGNORED

Home Kit Pics?

Lita For Congo

Not available to buy, not available to see. Add that to hours and hours of queuing for a terribly organised autograph session and this team photo nonsense which is massively delayed and not organised at all, and the clubs had a mare.

There is nothing open about the open day. Players hidden away from anyone not wanting to queue for a dog's age. No ground tours. No sense that the club has made any effort to connect with fans at all. Will most definitely be the last time I waste my time on our "open day".

Oh and Kilkenny appears to not be here either.

There is nothing open about the open day. Players hidden away from anyone not wanting to queue for a dog's age. No ground tours. No sense that the club has made any effort to connect with fans at all. Will most definitely be the last time I waste my time on our "open day".

Oh and Kilkenny appears to not be here either.

No wonder people get wound up about the club at times.

No wonder people get wound up about the club at times.

Exactly. Open training session, few legend appearances or Q&As a bit of local media etc would all help.

This just feels like it was thrown together with minimal planning and zero care for what fans of all ages would want from an "open" day.

You've got to love this club the new home shirt will on sale after the team photo. Which ends...at the same time the open day ends and everyone goes home. Marketing??? Seriously couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery!

You've got to love this club the new home shirt will on sale after the team photo. Which ends...at the same time the open day ends and everyone goes home. Marketing??? Seriously couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery!

This was clearly stated on the website yesterday, don't see the issue.

Makes your earlier post look a little hasty in hindsight.

Ok, this is what happened to me personally today, and I'm not moaning or complaining, just stating exactly how it panned out for me today.

Arrived at 11:00 to massive queues of people trying to get into the Hirerite building to meet the players - with the tannoy system announcing various pieces of information.

Decided to give this a miss and wander around to the club shop to have a look at the new home shirt. Asked the shop assistant if the home shirt was going on sale only to be told they'd be available at 1pm. In the meantime, I took the opportunity to join the City Foundation and decided that the queue for the players was still too long !

Instead of waiting around until 1pm to get the new shirt, I headed off to North Street to grab a coffee and kill some time. Made my way back to the ground at 12:40, only to be told by friends that the home shirt has been on sale since 12:30pm! Got to the club shop and the queue was out of the door with fans wanting to buy the new shirt.

Proceeded to wait for 20minutes until I eventually got served, with the club shop staff apologising for the "technical fault" they had.

Eventually made it out of the shop and wanted to see how the pitch was looking, only to find David Lloyd and co wrapping up a Q&A session in the Williams.

Glad I got the new shirt as that's all I wanted from today, but I can appreciate how some people could of got annoyed, and I do wonder why the club didn't allow the home shirts to be bought prior to the BTP though as this could of cleared a bit of the back log.

Hunt was there on no 1 table with James, from what Millen said after my interpretation was that he would play if we never had any other option, Killkenny was also there but he must have done alot of photos and his jaw was aching cos he looked a right miserable so and so.:laughcont:

Anyone know the colour of the keepers home kit? My 7 year old wants one but wanted the away problem is it's white and that ain't a good idea with a 7 year old :laughcont: ! Cheers.

MM

The home goalie kit is bright/luminous green. Much like peter cech's Chelsea one.

Also the home shirt is no good for you if you have a bit of hair on the chest. The 'V' goes fairly low!!

I'm gonna get me the away one (if any).

Obviously people have different experiences of the same day at the same event, we got there at about 9:30 parked up in the Winterstoke CP no problems, Players signing queue was longish but moved swiftly once it got going, individual queues for each tables were again longish but moved quickly.

We got to see and do everything we wanted to do within an hour,had a bit of fun with a few players, as pointed out Nicky Hunt was at the top with DJ have to say what a top guy he is, I'd heard previously this was the case that worked hard in training etc anyway I digress.

After leaving the Hirerite Building we had a wander around clubshop etc and then joined queue for the BTP 3 kids and the wife was delayed a bit 20 mins I think so no biggie, got in watched from the Williams stand all good, happy kids didn't bother with Clubshop re the shirt as the queue seemed to be the longest of the day not bothered we'll see the shirt soon enough and toddled back to the Car.

Verdict - Not the very best open day today but certainly not the worst.

Players Signing set up - difficult criticise or overly praise as whatever the arrangement there is you won't please everyone, personally apart from a couple of niggles it was good.

BTP - without getting into the rights and wrongs of people affording things or not, the actual event itself inside the ground was well managed and my kids loved it.

I do share the observation re Kilkenny he was there but didn't look to happy to be and did happen to notice him leaving rather swiftly after the BTP, maybe that's just his demeanour, maybe he dosen't like these kind of events who knows.

Obviously people have different experiences of the same day at the same event, we got there at about 9:30 parked up in the Winterstoke CP no problems, Players signing queue was longish but moved swiftly once it got going, individual queues for each tables were again longish but moved quickly.

We got to see and do everything we wanted to do within an hour,had a bit of fun with a few players, as pointed out Nicky Hunt was at the top with DJ have to say what a top guy he is, I'd heard previously this was the case that worked hard in training etc anyway I digress.

After leaving the Hirerite Building we had a wander around clubshop etc and then joined queue for the BTP 3 kids and the wife was delayed a bit 20 mins I think so no biggie, got in watched from the Williams stand all good, happy kids didn't bother with Clubshop re the shirt as the queue seemed to be the longest of the day not bothered we'll see the shirt soon enough and toddled back to the Car.

Verdict - Not the very best open day today but certainly not the worst.

Players Signing set up - difficult criticise or overly praise as whatever the arrangement there is you won't please everyone, personally apart from a couple of niggles it was good.

BTP - without getting into the rights and wrongs of people affording things or not, the actual event itself inside the ground was well managed and my kids loved it.

I do share the observation re Kilkenny he was there but didn't look to happy to be and did happen to notice him leaving rather swiftly after the BTP, maybe that's just his demeanour, maybe he dosen't like these kind of events who knows.

WTF?!

I think you're in the wrong thread mate.

:rolleyes:

WTF?!

I think you're in the wrong thread mate.

:rolleyes:

Well I can see your point but the other thread at that point had sunk into pointless bickering over grammer so put it on here instead as few others had metioned their experience of the day as well.

Just seen on bean heads twitter the keepers home top is lime green

The home goalie kit is bright/luminous green. Much like peter cech's Chelsea one.

Also the home shirt is no good for you if you have a bit of hair on the chest. The 'V' goes fairly low!!

I'm gonna get me the away one (if any).

Oh right, thanks!! I'll need to see it first! Cheers folks.

MM

Archived