IGNORED

Andy Gallinagh

BCAGFC

I'm hoping there is truth in the rumour that I read on here a few weeks back that we will be getting Dawson and Mattock on loan from West Brom after the friendly. Would rather we had a couple of loans in and wait for the rift players to become available rather than take risks on unproven players. IMO we need a couple of defenders proven at this level, who will walk straight into the starting 11 rather than unproven players with potential.

I'm hoping there is truth in the rumour that I read on here a few weeks back that we will be getting Dawson and Mattock on loan from West Brom after the friendly. Would rather we had a couple of loans in and wait for the rift players to become available rather than take risks on unproven players. IMO we need a couple of defenders proven at this level, who will walk straight into the starting 11 rather than unproven players with potential.

Couldn't disagree more.

We have three defenders proven at this level and above in Stewart, Hunt and Nyatanga who most would say aren't good enough.

What we need are players who are good enough, where they come from isn't relevant.

Much rather we signed young players with ability from lower levels than "proven" players, either is a risk but one mistake is much cheaper than the other.

Cheltenham Towns young player of the year a couple of seasons ago,

Has had rave reviews lately and although only 5' 10, is pretty decent in the air.

One for the future?.

BCAGFC

Good grief. I live in cheltenham and to suggest that a league two reject may be of value to us..... well, i choke on my cider.

I'm hoping there is truth in the rumour that I read on here a few weeks back that we will be getting Dawson and Mattock on loan from West Brom after the friendly.

Me too. I don't think Mattock is even in the squad for the baggies. Both are realistic targets imo and I hope we have at least enquired.

I've also noticed from reading several rumour sites that qpr's Kasper Gorrks seems surplus at loftus road. I think he would be a good answer to our 1st ball winning centre half problem

Me too. I don't think Mattock is even in the squad for the baggies. Both are realistic targets imo and I hope we have at least enquired.

I've also noticed from reading several rumour sites that qpr's Kasper Gorrks seems surplus at loftus road. I think he would be a good answer to our 1st ball winning centre half problem

Warnock will block that one with some hidden excuse to save face.

Couldn't disagree more.

We have three defenders proven at this level and above in Stewart, Hunt and Nyatanga who most would say aren't good enough.

What we need are players who are good enough, where they come from isn't relevant.

Much rather we signed young players with ability from lower levels than "proven" players, either is a risk but one mistake is much cheaper than the other.

Actually Dawson is only 20/21 signed from Rochdale about a year ago, scored 11 goals in one season, 6' 2", cannot quite break into the WBA first team and is quite probably hungry and needs to prove a point.

So, as you say, where he comes from matters not.. the guy could very well be hungry and he is clearly a talent waiting in the wings. City could do a whole lot worse.

No view on the other guy.

Actually Dawson is only 20/21 signed from Rochdale about a year ago, scored 11 goals in one season, 6' 2", cannot quite break into the WBA first team and is quite probably hungry and needs to prove a point.

So, as you say, where he comes from matters not.. the guy could very well be hungry and he is clearly a talent waiting in the wings. City could do a whole lot worse.

No view on the other guy.

I wasn't disagreeing with Dawson or Mattock in particular, just the rest of the post where it was suggested "proven" players were a much better option. Experience tells us otherwise.

Archived