IGNORED

Player Ratings

redsince1994

I thought i might try my hand at player ratings for once.. so here goes.

James-7

Did what was needed one great save and very quick off his line to quell another attack. Decent performance.

Carey-7

Played well IMO. Made up for his lack of pace with some good positioning and seemed strong.

Fontaine-8

Wasnt strong enough in the air but with the ball on the deck he did very well to soak up the pressure from their big no.10.

Wilson-6

Had a very patchy game. Made some great tackles but some dodgy passbacks and some slips in concentration hurt his performance

Mccalister-4

I rate Macca and think he gets some undeserved stick on here but today was pretty shocking. No big complaints defensively but he only succesfully passed the ball twice I think. Moves always seemed to end when the ball came to him.

Adomah-8

Quieter than usual. He had some good runs and didnt do much wrong except for getting a bit too flashy in the first half.

Elliot-5

Cant seem to make a pass. Wasn't impressed today and would rather have seen Kilkenny start.

Skuse-10 MOM

Brilliant performance I thought. Always caught their players out if they spent too long on the ball and didn't miss a pass. He isn't a natural playmaker but gave it a damn good effort today. A perfect pass to Maynard early in the second half could have won it for us today. A great performance that should silence his doubters.

JCR-9

He was really good today always dropping in deep and demanding the ball. He seems to be a lot more at home in the middle of the park and was very good at spreading the ball.

Maynard-8

Wasnt able to make much of an impact first half but early in the second half had two intelligent runs that nearly ended in goals. Also had a good curling shot in the first half that caused Foster a bit of trouble.

Pitman-N/A

Wont give him a score because he was so out of position. He isnt a winger and playing our most natural finisher on the wing is the only thing i'd criticise Millen for.

Subs:

I thought that Kilkenny and Reid both added a great deal coming off the bench. Nyatanga looked solid and Stead seemed to be sharp and had a half chance late on. Bolasie is fast as s**t and Taylor didn't do much wrong.

All in all a good performance and i was very pleased to see how well we defended. I think a midfield of Skuse and Kilkenny from the start would have won it for us.

I pretty much saw an opposite game to you. I felt Fontaine was beaten far too easily time and time again. Was also worried by the amount times they had clear cut opportunites- the defence is still a massive concern.

Also thought that Kilkenny made a big difference when he came on.

Agree that Skuse was excellent though.

Wow some high ratings there for a dull performance attacking wise!!

James 9 - Excellent saves throughout, only downside is his continuous arguing with teammates

Carey 7

Wilson 6

Fontaine 8

McAllister 5 - Simply no longer good enough

Adomah 7 - Decent deliveries albeit drifted in and out of the game

Skuse 8 - Excellent performance

Elliott 6

Campbell Ryce 6

Pitman 5 - Fantastic striker........wasted on the left wing for the majority

Maynard 6

James - 8 - Made a superb save in the first half and mopped up some sloppy defending on occasion.

Carey - 6 - Solid enough, nothing spectacular. Looked fairly decent going forward.

Wilson - 7 - Bar a dodgy back-pass was very good I thought, marked Odemwinge/Tchoyi as appropriate very well and put in some good tackles.

Fontaine - 6 - Would be a 7 but for getting done badly in the second half which should have been a goal, otherwise see Wilson.

McAllister - 6 - As Carey really, not a bad performance and kept the ball far better than he normally does.

Skuse - 9 - Superb, absolutely class. Sat in front of the back four, moved the ball around very well, set Maynard away for his chance and put in some wonderful tackles. One of the best games I've seen him play.

JCR - 6 - I'm a JCR fan but a bit disappointed by him today. Kept the ball well as he always does but as our most creative midfield outlet in the first half, supposedly, he offered little going forward.

Elliott - 6 - Honestly barely noticed him, didn't do a great deal.

Adomah - 7 - Some nice tricks, but only saw one decent cross from him all day.

Maynard - 7 - Couple of good efforts, surely should have scored but for some great goalkeeping. Quiet, but support was lacking and Olsson/Tamas were fantastic.

Pitman - 6 - Played well considering the role he was given. When we didn't have the ball he was a left-midfielder, and when we did he seemed stranded out wide.

Subs

Nyatanga - 7

Edwards - 5

Woolford - 7

Kilkenny - 6

Reid - 6

Taylor - 6

Stead - 7

James - 7 - Some excellent blocks and a couple of very good saves, nearly undid all of his good work when he dropped the long range shot.

Carey - 6 - Not too bad defensively, too many aimless long balls.

Wilson - 6 - Sloppy start, but grew into the game and got better as time went on.

Fontaine - 4 - Slow, beaten far too easily, don't see all the fuss.

McAllister - 5 - Like Carey, not too bad defensively, distibution still a massive concern.

Adomah - 6 - Not in the game enough, mixed end product.

Skuse - 8 - That's why he's in the team, reads the game well, great mobility, keeps it simple but most importantly keeps the ball.

Elliott - 6 - Didn't really notice him.

JCR - 6.5 - Keeps the ball well enough but no penetration. Lose our shape when he always comes in field.

Maynard - 6 - Missed a couple of chances he'd normally put away, still our most dangerous attacking player.

Pitman - 5 - Lost out wide, should be up top getting on the end of any chances we create.

Subs;

Nyatanga - 7 - Looked much more solid when he came on.

Kilkenny - 7 - One positive in the second half, rarely wastes a pass, some clever through balls, must start next week.

Reid - 6.5 - Hope he's involved this season, brighest prospect our academy has produced in a long time.

James 8

Carey - 7

Wilson - 7

Fontaine - 8

McAllister - 4

Skuse - 6

JCR - 8

Elliott - 6

Albert - 6

Maynard - 7

Pitman - 6

Subs

Nyatanga - 8

Edwards - 6

Woolford - 7

Kilkenny - 6

Reid - 6

Taylor - 6

Stead - 6

Bolasie - 6

im not digging at all the ratings or anything but i just wanna know why you have given skuse a 6 after a top performance from the guy the amount of key tackles he made was excellent

James - 7 - Some excellent blocks and a couple of very good saves, nearly undid all of his good work when he dropped the long range shot.

Carey - 6 - Not too bad defensively, too many aimless long balls.

Wilson - 6 - Sloppy start, but grew into the game and got better as time went on.

Fontaine - 4 - Slow, beaten far too easily, don't see all the fuss.

McAllister - 5 - Like Carey, not too bad defensively, distibution still a massive concern.

Adomah - 6 - Not in the game enough, mixed end product.

Skuse - 8 - That's why he's in the team, reads the game well, great mobility, keeps it simple but most importantly keeps the ball.

Elliott - 6 - Didn't really notice him.

JCR - 6.5 - Keeps the ball well enough but no penetration. Lose our shape when he always comes in field.

Maynard - 6 - Missed a couple of chances he'd normally put away, still our most dangerous attacking player.

Pitman - 5 - Lost out wide, should be up top getting on the end of any chances we create.

Subs;

Nyatanga - 7 - Looked much more solid when he came on.

Kilkenny - 7 - One positive in the second half, rarely wastes a pass, some clever through balls, must start next week.

Reid - 6.5 - Hope he's involved this season, brighest prospect our academy has produced in a long time.

How can you score Elliott above McAllister on today's performance?

I thought i might try my hand at player ratings for once.. so here goes.

James-7

Did what was needed one great save and very quick off his line to quell another attack. Decent performance.

Carey-7

Played well IMO. Made up for his lack of pace with some good positioning and seemed strong.

Fontaine-8

Wasnt strong enough in the air but with the ball on the deck he did very well to soak up the pressure from their big no.10.

Wilson-6

Had a very patchy game. Made some great tackles but some dodgy passbacks and some slips in concentration hurt his performance

Mccalister-4

I rate Macca and think he gets some undeserved stick on here but today was pretty shocking. No big complaints defensively but he only succesfully passed the ball twice I think. Moves always seemed to end when the ball came to him.

Adomah-8

Quieter than usual. He had some good runs and didnt do much wrong except for getting a bit too flashy in the first half.

Elliot-5

Cant seem to make a pass. Wasn't impressed today and would rather have seen Kilkenny start.

Skuse-10 MOM

Brilliant performance I thought. Always caught their players out if they spent too long on the ball and didn't miss a pass. He isn't a natural playmaker but gave it a damn good effort today. A perfect pass to Maynard early in the second half could have won it for us today. A great performance that should silence his doubters.

JCR-9

He was really good today always dropping in deep and demanding the ball. He seems to be a lot more at home in the middle of the park and was very good at spreading the ball.

Maynard-8

Wasnt able to make much of an impact first half but early in the second half had two intelligent runs that nearly ended in goals. Also had a good curling shot in the first half that caused Foster a bit of trouble.

Pitman-N/A

Wont give him a score because he was so out of position. He isnt a winger and playing our most natural finisher on the wing is the only thing i'd criticise Millen for.

Subs:

I thought that Kilkenny and Reid both added a great deal coming off the bench. Nyatanga looked solid and Stead seemed to be sharp and had a half chance late on. Bolasie is fast as s**t and Taylor didn't do much wrong.

All in all a good performance and i was very pleased to see how well we defended. I think a midfield of Skuse and Kilkenny from the start would have won it for us.

James 8 great game some good saves

Carey 3 too slow caught our of postion 8 or 9 times

Wilson 7 solid should start

Fontaine 6 ok no great

McAllister 7 unwarrited stick yet again what a suprise

Adomah 6 kept runing into people and lost the ball far to much

JCR 5 not that great

Skuse 9 MoM for me good range of passing and some nice crunching tackles and I'm a person who doesn't rate the lad

Elliot 6 quiet

Maynard 7 unlucky not to score

Pitman 4 didn't notice him

im not digging at all the ratings or anything but i just wanna know why you have given skuse a 6 after a top performance from the guy the amount of key tackles he made was excellent

Maybe I was a bit harsh on him but I'd still only give him a 7. He's a great worker and is a fantastic tackler but his passing isn't good enough and he gives away possesion far to often. I think playing at RB would suit him though.

Maybe I was a bit harsh on him but I'd still only give him a 7. He's a great worker and is a fantastic tackler but his passing isn't good enough and he gives away possesion far to often. I think playing at RB would suit him though.

Made arguably the pass of the day that Maynard should have converted but whatever floats your boat.

James-9

I'd sometimes like to see him give some encouragement as well as stick to the defence but he looks very sharp and extremely motivated for the season to come.

Carey-7

Not the answer right now. I think the team did okay in terms of results when he had a run at right back before injury but I'd liked to see an over-lapping full-back like Ribeiro who in combo with Albert could give defences nightmares. To much chipping or punting upfield whereas the likes of Maynard and Pitman need through balls on the floor or from the by-line.

Fontaine-7

Could form a decent partnership with Wilson but is either the dominant ball winning centre-half that is needed. Right now I'd run with Nyatanga and Wilson because Nyatanga has the build to be a ball winning centre half and he and Wilson put in a couple of excellent displays together last season.

Wilson-7

Looked like a couple of lapses in concentration but stepped up to deal with a higher level of opposition than he will be used to and did okay. He can be the Caulker replacement but needs to focus for 90 minutes. Young and inexperienced and I can see him making great strides if he is given a run in the side.

Mccalister-5

Good character and some of his best performances have been when playing as wing-back. City need to recruit another left-back though before the start of the season. Today he gave the ball away too often and the team can't afford to give up possession so easily. There weren't a lot of options with Campbell-Rive playing inside and Pitman not being a natural left sided player. He needs to learn off Skuse and play the simple ball if nothing is on.

Adomah-8

Probably the only player aside from Maynard to generate that bit of excitement in the crowd when the ball was at his feer

Elliot-5

Very poor today and not the answer especially if played in combination with Skuse.

Skuse-9

Classy performance. Kept possession immaculately, had time on the ball, guarded the back 4 and mixed playing the simple ball with a couple of great passes spraying across the pitch. Nothing wrong with the long ball (like Hoddle and Beckham used to demonstrate) if you can change play and it's a pass not an aimless punt.

JCR-8

Buzzed around and did well he can bring something to the team but sometimes seems to think he can get points for artistic merit rather than end product. I thought the team lacked width on the left but he can't be blamed for that of course.

Maynard-8

Sign of a classy player, especially a striker, is to be starved of the ball and then suddenly spring into life and snap up half chances that change games. Although he didn't quite snap them up he was a whisker away from converting two half-chances and highlighted that he has that strikers instinct that means he could in my view go up a level and still be a prolific goal-scorer. he'd get a lot more chances as well with better players around him.

Pitman -7

Played out of position and I would have loved to see him up front there playing much closer to Maynard. He's a 20 a season predator not a left winger. I like Millen but decisions like that don't make sense.

Subs:

Kilkenny - looked as if he has some class and wants the ball - he played quite deep and based on that and his track record I don't think he will score a lot of goals. We could do with a midfielder who will get 10 goals or so because, although I'd like to see Skuse play, 1 or 2 is all he will score realistically.

Reid looks a livewire and a great prospect.

Stead looks fit and sharp.

Nyatanga - looked pretty solid

Bolasie - fast and keen and will be useful when Albert is on international duty.

Edwards - only had a short run-out.

Woolford - needs a bit of confidence and a goal or two. I think he has a bit of quality with his left foot but just needs the confidence to express his game a bit more.

Archived