IGNORED

Our Main Problem Today

Ron

I've already seen the same old line being pedalled about poor distribution today - if anything it was as clear as ever that the movement is the biggest issue we have going forward. McAllister, Carey and Fontaine did loft some aimless balls forward, but normally after a spell of passing it around the back 4 and looking for some options closer to home. The movement in the midfield was severely lacking and it wasn't until Kilkenny came on that we cut it out a little, as he was all over the shop to pick up the ball. That being said, as well, when we went forward we were going towards a Premier League back-line - Olsson at least was absolutely superb today, far better than anyone we will face this season. West Brom pressed high up the pitch and were very difficult to break down. Our ball retention was, in my opinion, as good as I have seen it in the last few years, the only thing we lacked was that killer pass - and sometimes that can be down to having no one to get on the end of it, it does take two to make a pass after all.

Absolutely bang on. Im getting fed up with hearing people slating Macallister and Carey off for what they call hoof ball. My simple question to them would be, what bloody option did they have? There are a few players who could do with learning about bloody angles! Its been one of our biggest problems for the past 2 - 3 seasons, which really stiffles our creativity. Kilkenny from what ive seen today will certainly improve us in that department. Hopefully a few can learn from him!

Absolutely bang on. Im getting fed up with hearing people slating Macallister and Carey off for what they call hoof ball. My simple question to them would be, what bloody option did they have? There are a few players who could do with learning about bloody angles! Its been one of our biggest problems for the past 2 - 3 seasons, which really stiffles our creativity. Kilkenny from what ive seen today will certainly improve us in that department. Hopefully a few can learn from him!

Would also add Bobby Reid to that, as both his and Kila movement was very good

I agree completely with what you say. I must say I felt a lot happier after Kilkenny came on and I would like to see him and Skuse together in midfield with JCR on the left.

Archived