IGNORED

Twitter - Good Or Bad

Avalonred

A couple of things have been going on lately on Twitter.....

Steady, the top tweeter, decided to not bother any more (for whatever reason).

Woolford, was obviously the target of somebody's discontent and he was a bit pissed off for a while.

Caulker, signed up for Twitter, posted for a while, then asked how he could remove his account and has not been heard from since....

How long before Edwards, Lennox, Jackson, etc. decide not to bother any more when they start getting abused or stalked?

It's no wonder we don't have more team members Tweeting... and a bloody good job I would say too!

Does anybody have any more info or reasons for any of the above or other examples?

I'm not a fan of players on twitter they are open to abuse from fans and thats not really on,

They also have to be 100% pro on there and as the headlines have come out about so and so saying this about that people have been fined,

One of our lads (Holloway I think" was completey un-pro on theere posting about one of the coaching staff I'm sure it would of been delt with internally,

Stead was comical on there as is Bean_Head but one slip from Adam and it could be his job,

Bit of a rant I know but its ok as long as the player is careful

It's been confirmed by Adam baker that the club didn't ask stead to take it down.

It's a tough one. Twitters great for sharing info and breaking barriers but as others have said breaking those barriers comes at a price. Players are susceptible to abuse and saying the wrong things at the wrong times and twitters gives them a public forum to do it in.

Archived