IGNORED

Canceling Season Ticket

dafarms

On Weds, last week, I had my solicitor ring me to tell me my court case for the arrest at Millwall for so say entering the ground drunk, that had been put back once already to August 30th, has now been canceled again. Now I don't even have a new date at present, and after having a conversation with the Saftey officer, who explained the reasons why,I am still banned from Ashton gate whilst I'm still under investigation.

I have spoken to my old man and two kids and explained that I cannot afford to pay for something, that I am not allowed to go and watch, so I will have to cancel the family season ticket tomorrow. My old man totally agrees with me, but both my kids have got upset. I understand the reasons to why the saftey officer has banned me, but it still does not make it right, that I am guilty until I can prove I'm innocent. Tomorrow is a very sad day for me, having had the season tickets for years, that the club as gave me no other option, than to walk away, until I can prove my innocence

On Weds, last week, I had my solicitor ring me to tell me my court case for the arrest at Millwall for so say entering the ground drunk, that had been put back once already to August 30th, has now been canceled again. Now I don't even have a new date at present, and after having a conversation with the Saftey officer, who explained the reasons why,I am still banned from Ashton gate whilst I'm still under investigation.

I have spoken to my old man and two kids and explained that I cannot afford to pay for something, that I am not allowed to go and watch, so I will have to cancel the family season ticket tomorrow. My old man totally agrees with me, but both my kids have got upset. I understand the reasons to why the saftey officer has banned me, but it still does not make it right, that I am guilty until I can prove I'm innocent. Tomorrow is a very sad day for me, having had the season tickets for years, that the club as gave me no other option, than to walk away, until I can prove my innocence

That's a sad state of affairs and I would recommend writing to your representative in government.

The club have their hands tied and there is nothing they can do to get you in to watch but it might be worth letting them know why you are canceling your ST and see what they can do.

As you say there is no law stating that it is illegal to enter a ground drunk so it seems barmy to me that it has got to this stage.

That's a sad state of affairs and I would recommend writing to your representative in government.

The club have their hands tied and there is nothing they can do to get you in to watch but it might be worth letting them know why you are canceling your ST and see what they can do.

As you say there is no law stating that it is illegal to enter a ground drunk so it seems barmy to me that it has got to this stage.

I think there is a law, but I have been banned on the so say of a police officer. I asked for a breathalyser at the time of the arrest, which I was denied and for CCTV around the turnstils before it went to the court the 1st time. Millwall FC stated to my solicitor that they had gave it to the police, which has surprisily disappeared ??????

Also after to going to court the 1st time all bail conditions were lifted, I am allowed to go any game I want, but Bristol City will not let me in due to the policies they have with the police.

I think there is a law, but I have been banned on the so say of a police officer. I asked for a breathalyser at the time of the arrest, which I was denied and for CCTV around the turnstils before it went to the court the 1st time. Millwall FC stated to my solicitor that they had gave it to the police, which has surprisily disappeared ??????

Also after to going to court the 1st time all bail conditions were lifted, I am allowed to go any game I want, but Bristol City will not let me in due to the policies they have with the police.

Well the club has to be seen to do the right things to combat football related antisocial behavior (I would add at the expense of actually combating football related antisocial behavior) I guess.

So you haven't been convicted but i guess the club policy goes something like no one awaiting trial for football related crimes are allowed to attend a game. How long have you been awaiting trial?

The loss of evidence is no good excuse - Millwall shouldn't have sent the police the master copy of the CCTV and im sure this technicality will get you off of your charge but this is no good for you wanting to watch the game on Saturday!

If, as expected, Dafarms is found to be innocent - the club will have to review its policy.

Its crazy that someone who has paid for a season ticket, is not allowed to use it, through no fault of their own.

Playing devil's advocate, why would the club review its policy and what would it change it to?

If someone is awaiting trial for football related crimes then they are not allowed to attend a game except if the case that they are convicted of can be shown to be a complete farce and lacking of evidence?

For what its worth I also think that its crazy in this case - I cant think of a case where the club could apply this rule without it impinging on someones human rights. Much like religious people cant turn away homosexuals wanting to stay in a B&B (not that im calling you a homo daframs). Just because someone believe in something doesn't mean it can be used to discriminate is the general gist of it - and the club are discriminating because they believe in something, even worse they believe in something that hasn't been proven.

What a suprise, the cctv has be "lost" how many times has that happened before.

I would hedge a bet, that it keeps getting put back, and put back, untill they drop it.

It will be put back as many times as possible in the interest of the police trying to gather evidence then the judge will eventually call time on the police and nothing will come of it. These legal tactics are simply a way to punish without having to go to court.

Very sympathetic to your situation as all of us have had a drink or six before football, it's a given. I would suggest maybe asking the club if they can put a block on the seats for you until the court case is resolved - show a bit of flexibility and compassion maybe?

Also I'd get in touch with the FSF if you haven't already as well as make an official police complaint about how you were treated.

The delays would not be down to the Police, Much more likely due to the CPS deciding if they actually believe that the case is in the public interest. For you to have been given a trial date initially I would imagine that the file had been passed from the Police to the CPS so theres no further Police investigation left in regards to the case.

As a side issue im not surprised that CCTV has gone missing, Most of the time the CCTV is placed with the file that then gets sent through various departments with people quality checking and reviewing the case long before it arrives at court and CCTV is always being lost, its a joke that in this day and age its still done like this.

Im sure your solicitor would have spoken to you about this but it seems that it is your word against the Police in this case, I wouldnt expect to walk in and walk out being found not guilty as there is "no evidence" though. The Police can in law say that you were drunk, A Police officer can stand in court and state that after watching you they believed that you were highly intoxicated as you had trouble walking, your eyes were glazed, speech slurred and that you smelt strongly of intoxicating liquor. They do not need any CCTV for this and the likelyhood is that a couple of coppers will turn up in court to state this.

You may have offered to have used a breatherliser but the CPS will probably counter this by saying that there is no legal requirement for them to use one as the Police had already formed the opinion that you were drunk. If they had used one then they could not have used the readings of the hand held box as they had no legal power to get you to use it so it was pointless.

If you want to PM me Dafarms then please do, I know quite a bit about this stuff and im sure that I can come up with a point or two that maybe worth mentioning to your brief.

• Admin

Beezey another issue that may have been missed elsewhere, I belive I am correct when I say that EVERY OTHER person that was (wrongly) arrested at Millwall for the same offence HAVE been to court and EVERY SINGLE other person got off with the charge !

You would think it would be in the clubs interests to say "we can't let you into the ground while you're waiting for your court hearing, but if you keep the season ticket and are found innocent/its dropped, we'll refund the proportion of games you missed". Its a gesture of faith to a loyal fan and won't cost them much money if/when you're aquitted. Plus, it means that (i presume) your old man and kids are still going in the meantime

Can the supporters trust intervene with the club on your behalf, try and negotiate a compromise?

Beezey another issue that may have been missed elsewhere, I belive I am correct when I say that EVERY OTHER person that was (wrongly) arrested at Millwall for the same offence HAVE been to court and EVERY SINGLE other person got off with the charge !

Thats quite interesting Phantom, then unless the Police have additional evidence in regards to this case the other case's linked to the Milwall game should give some indication as to the courts thinking about the evidence presented beforehand.

Personally If I was him I would now be looking to make a claim for unlawful detention. One quick look at the custody record would show that he was probably arrested with the prompt and effective investigation necessity which in this case would be wrong. No CCTV to prove there was additional investigation required then its unlawful in my eyes, quite some payout should he win. Im willing to bet that if that was put before the Police his case would be NFA'd and there may even be a little pay out to cover damages etc.......Certainly worth speaking to his brief about.

The delays would not be down to the Police, Much more likely due to the CPS deciding if they actually believe that the case is in the public interest. For you to have been given a trial date initially I would imagine that the file had been passed from the Police to the CPS so theres no further Police investigation left in regards to the case.

As a side issue im not surprised that CCTV has gone missing, Most of the time the CCTV is placed with the file that then gets sent through various departments with people quality checking and reviewing the case long before it arrives at court and CCTV is always being lost, its a joke that in this day and age its still done like this.

Im sure your solicitor would have spoken to you about this but it seems that it is your word against the Police in this case, I wouldnt expect to walk in and walk out being found not guilty as there is "no evidence" though. The Police can in law say that you were drunk, A Police officer can stand in court and state that after watching you they believed that you were highly intoxicated as you had trouble walking, your eyes were glazed, speech slurred and that you smelt strongly of intoxicating liquor. They do not need any CCTV for this and the likelyhood is that a couple of coppers will turn up in court to state this.

You may have offered to have used a breatherliser but the CPS will probably counter this by saying that there is no legal requirement for them to use one as the Police had already formed the opinion that you were drunk. If they had used one then they could not have used the readings of the hand held box as they had no legal power to get you to use it so it was pointless.

If you want to PM me Dafarms then please do, I know quite a bit about this stuff and im sure that I can come up with a point or two that maybe worth mentioning to your brief.

hi just to inform you that da farm did have trouble walking that day as he just had operation on his knee which was proved in a letter from hostpital.

also he has a stammer and anyone knows or talks to him will find this out .

I was with him that day and think it was all wrong and he was singled out ....(.this is all down to a copper from our policing who has it in for him)

GOOD LUCK DA FARMS HOPE TO SEE YOU AT FOOTBALL WITH YOUR BOY SOON :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

There does seem to be something very hippocritical here.....

It seems it's ok to sell the stuff....... :trumpet:

....but not to try to get into a game after buying it! :facepalm:

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10327~2409816,00.html

How can the club policies allow them to sell alcholic drinks for a profit .....then ban somebody from the ground having been accused of drinking too much?

Can I suggest that usually postponements of court cases, the loss of evidence (more than a common occurrence in the Met) are delaying tactics employed by the Crown Prosecution Service for them to attempt to find an honourable way out of the mess that the arresting officer has landed them with. The CPS work on probability of success and very rarely proceed with cases that they are doomed to lose, they get the blame and not the old bill. I suspect that they may well offer no evidence or even drop the case on this one, i'm no expert but it's just a feeling here.

if it does go to court, a half decent solicitor will win this hands down. I suspect that the arresting officer might well be on his own here and without any corroboration from colleagues or stewards or the CCTV, if it does proceed your solicitor should be able to tie him up in knots.

Best of luck anyway.

Tuesday afternoon I cancelled the Tickets, still feel gutted today. I was then told that the cheque won't be sent out until next Friday, and I would receive it on the Monday, surley in this day and age it could have been transferred straight back into my account !!!

I will be taking my son down to meet my old man, so he can take him in, the good or bad news, depends which way you want to look at it, is Stoney is going back in the Williams, because we have cancelled the season tickets, and I'm won't be in the Dolman, so he'd rather go back in the Williams, good luck people.

Come On You Reds.

Tuesday afternoon I cancelled the Tickets, still feel gutted today. I was then told that the cheque won't be sent out until next Friday, and I would receive it on the Monday, surley in this day and age it could have been transferred straight back into my account !!!

I will be taking my son down to meet my old man, so he can take him in, the good or bad news, depends which way you want to look at it, is Stoney is going back in the Williams, because we have cancelled the season tickets, and I'm won't be in the Dolman, so he'd rather go back in the Williams, good luck people.

Come On You Reds.

A very sad state of affairs you find yourself in.

I hope that you get this mess sorted out asap and get back to what you enjoy doing

Being a genuine supporter of your football club.

All the best

Come On You Reds.

Shit aint it. Who,s going make me smile in the club now Dafarms? Hopefully all will get sorted eventually mucker. Arn

With the amount of supporters who overlook city to support premiershit teams, city need to look after the supporters they have.....

Like giving their long term supporters the benefit of the doubt, when things like this happen.

A bit of common sense??!

With the amount of supporters who overlook city to support premiershit teams, city need to look after the supporters they have.....

Like giving their long term supporters the benefit of the doubt, when things like this happen.

A bit of common sense??!

Oh Riaz, you do make me laugh, mate. Common sense and City mentioned in the same post. You ought to know better

Shit aint it. Who,s going make me smile in the club now Dafarms? Hopefully all will get sorted eventually mucker. Arn

Hello Arn, I hope it is thrown out, like it should have been months ago. Will you be around BS3 (Pub) tomorrow, catch up fella, av a pint.

Archived