IGNORED

Buzzing

jfkerton

As in the title, i am absolutely buzzing for the new season to start and for me it cannot come quick enough.

There has been a lot of negativity on OTIB as of late and that seems to me that people expect too much of this club. My dad, a seasoned city campaigner back in his younger days, has always told me never to expect too much from City and that is one of the main reasons i enjoy going to every game. Sure it can be hard at times, but equally it can be the best feeling in the world to see our mighty reds go on and nick an injury time winner and the roar of the gate at one of those times is enough to get anyone hooked!

There will also always be the guy sat in the row behind who leans forward and pronounces " well, that was a shit wasn't it " in a broad bristolian accent when things are going wrong but when we put it the back of the net up the other end he will give a mighty roar of "Common City'!!" as all around jump up, fist pump the air and start chanting "There's only one Nicky Maynard", or when the game is at a low intensity and the ground eventually starts erupting into 15,000 people all chanting "Come on you Redddds" over and over again in an effort to get the team going.

I could go on, but you should get the point of what i'm trying to get across and i just want to share my enthusiasm in the hope that it rubs off on others, be they seasoned campaigners or new fans alike.

COYR!!!

As in the title, i am absolutely buzzing for the new season to start and for me it cannot come quick enough.

There has been a lot of negativity on OTIB as of late and that seems to me that people expect too much of this club. My dad, a seasoned city campaigner back in his younger days, has always told me never to expect too much from City and that is one of the main reasons i enjoy going to every game. Sure it can be hard at times, but equally it can be the best feeling in the world to see our mighty reds go on and nick an injury time winner and the roar of the gate at one of those times is enough to get anyone hooked!

There will also always be the guy sat in the row behind who leans forward and pronounces " well, that was a shit wasn't it " in a broad bristolian accent when things are going wrong but when we put it the back of the net up the other end he will give a mighty roar of "Common City'!!" as all around jump up, fist pump the air and start chanting "There's only one Nicky Maynard", or when the game is at a low intensity and the ground eventually starts erupting into 15,000 people all chanting "Come on you Redddds" over and over again in an effort to get the team going.

I could go on, but you should get the point of what i'm trying to get across and i just want to share my enthusiasm in the hope that it rubs off on others, be they seasoned campaigners or new fans alike.

COYR!!!

No football makes summer pretty damn dull. Despite playing as much football manager and cricket as I can, nothing compares to the 50+ game season that we all have coming our way this Saturday. Can't wait!

can't say I'm as buzzing as I have been for previous seasons,

I'm still looking forward to it though, maybe we need an "Every/thing is against us" ethic that leeds have had to try and get a bit more atmosphere back to the gate,

Still you never know the old guard could suprise us :fingerscrossed:

COYR!!!

Well said that man, i share your enthuasium. COYR!

Well its the total opposite of last season where we had big time manager Steve Coppell in charge, new signings all over the place that were supposedly "Proven championship players", the fans were full of optimism and expectation - then we go and get turned over 3-0 by a newly promoted side.

Wouldn't it be ironic if this time round after a summer of frustration for the manager, where we are likely to have virtually the same team that finished last season, if we were to go and beat much fancied Ipswich who have been splashing the cash!!!

Its a funny old game after all............COYR

COYR!!!

Absolutely really there are a lot of people like you about. Wish it was tomorrow. Got the day planned from breakfast till kick off. UP THE CITY.

Expectations are largely fuelled by previous seasons - this is the first season we're going into on the back of a non top 10 finish in 12 years. If anything, IMO, that makes this season more exciting. Progression means pretty much anything, and I could conceivably envisage us anywhere between top and bottom 6.

and to add to my original post, i have today just bought my first ST in the east end after only going to three or four home games a season in the Dolman. Next thing you know I'll be going to away games, can't wait!!

I normally can't wait for the season to start, as I am getting withdrawal symptoms by this time each year. I'm actually more excited about this season though than most others I can remember. Not sure why, but I think we'll do okay and surprise a few people. Quite looking forward to Adomah running at defenders again, Nicky firing a cracker into the net and the likes of Kilkenny and Bolasie adding creativity and flair. Expectations generally seem a bit lower now and I think we can enjoy the football more and be pleasantly surprised that we aren't too bad afterall. :D

P.S. Love the signature jfkerton. A bit classier than one of my rushed Paint attempts.

Compared to last season we have Maynard and Carey available from the off and have signed Kilkenny and Spence so we should do better.

Having said that I am concerned that with the size of our squad KM will have to wait until the end of the season (when12 players are out of contract) before he can make major changes.

I think this season may therefore be a case of treading water unless other clubs are prepared to take certain players off our hands.

To my mind the most important thing this season is to start the construction work for the new stadium at Ashton Vale. With the new stadium coming out of the ground this will be a strong signal of intent from the club and will make it easier for Keith to attract better quality players next summer.

Archived