IGNORED

Lee Bowyer/chopra

Portland Bill

Ipswich have Chopra who is very clever at playing on the last man and both central defenders are going to have to be on high alert for him.

Who do people think will pick up Lee Bowyer. He's one of those rare midfielders who gets past the strikers with his forward runs.

Skuse is very good when given a specific job as he proved re Bellamy.

Would he be given the job to track Bowyer or do we go with Marv and Killkeny?

Thoughts?

It amazes me some of the people on here who have written Chopra off this season. As you said, very clever player who had an injury hit start to the season and struggled to get match fit, and then force his way into a pretty free scoring Cardiff team.

Ipswich is a great move for him. Fresh start and a preseason under his belt, you watch him flourish this season.

Its gonna be interesting to see who marks Bowyer, and to be fair, who starts. I hope it's not a centre two of Skuse and Elliott though.

I wouldn't be at all supposed to see Skuse dropped into the back four, but it's a bit of s long shot

Ipswich have Chopra who is very clever at playing on the last man and both central defenders are going to have to be on high alert for him.

Who do people think will pick up Lee Bowyer. He's one of those rare midfielders who gets past the strikers with his forward runs.

Thoughts?

Elliott... he'll get booked for chipping away at Bowyer and before the end of the game Bowyer will retaliate and get sent off.

Ipswich have rebuilt well imo particularly signing Stockdale and Chopra, but the likes of Bowyer and Emmanuel-Thomas, Cresswell and Ellington are good signings too and I think they will be there or there abouts.Jewell has done a cracking job after the disaster that is Roy Keane.

Hopefully the sun will shine and it'll be a cracking game. Given the attacking players available to them, it might be a mistake thinking that by man marking Chopra or Bowyer, we will nullify their threat. Hopefully our players stand up defensively, because Ipswich won't fancy facing NM, Prince Albert, Steady and Super Brett either!!! Game on........

I think that Skuse would be the perfect player to mark Bowyer. He has his faults admittedly but he is one of the hardest players to get past in the league regardless of the quality of player he is up against. Skuse and Kilkenny in the middle for me. I think the real threat is JET.

Skuse will end up on his ass every time crying in fear of Bowyer. Bowyer is a tough midfielder who likes a challenge and a bash. Whilse Skuse prefers not to be involved in tackles or collisions. One's a solider, one's a wimp.

Skuse will end up on his ass every time crying in fear of Bowyer. Bowyer is a tough midfielder who likes a challenge and a bash. Whilse Skuse prefers not to be involved in tackles or collisions. One's a solider, one's a wimp.

Haha I love that. He isn't an amazing player but you have described everything he does well. Just as an example when we played Hull he was fouled and knocked over but he managed to retain the ball with tackles coming in left right and centre on his hands and knees and still managed to pass it succesfully. I don't mind critics but at least get it right.

Thoughts?

Just read this on Leicester site;

Bristol City have Maynard who is very clever at playing on the last man and both central defenders are going to have to be on high alert for him.

Who do people think will pick up Albert. He's one of those rare midfielders who gets past the strikers with his forward runs.

Who would be given the job to track Albert and who will go with Marv and Killkeny?

Thoughts?

Sorry for being flippant, not offense angled at poster just being positive (perhaps to much) :closedeyes:

Haha I love that. He isn't an amazing player but you have described everything he does well. Just as an example when we played Hull he was fouled and knocked over but he managed to retain the ball with tackles coming in left right and centre on his hands and knees and still managed to pass it succesfully. I don't mind critics but at least get it right.

I have not described what he does well at all, quite the opposite me ol mucker. I am also 100% bang on about Skuse, and most members agree Skuse needs to go. He's too comfortable at this club and seems to scared to leave the nest. It would do the world of good for Skuse to find a new club rather than stay at this club for all his career. He's not good enough for the NPC and a League One club such as The Terriers would do him good.

I have not described what he does well at all, quite the opposite me ol mucker. I am also 100% bang on about Skuse, and most members agree Skuse needs to go. He's too comfortable at this club and seems to scared to leave the nest. It would do the world of good for Skuse to find a new club rather than stay at this club for all his career. He's not good enough for the NPC and a League One club such as The Terriers would do him good.

Yeah I know everyone seems to be against him and I don't mean to be offensive but I don't see it at all. Everyone says he had an uncharacteristically good game against West Brom but I thought it was a normal type of game for him (albeit a very good one). I think that he has found his level at NPC.

Ha, all these Skuse haters make me laugh. Like the original poster stated, Skuse is one of the best in the league at doing a man marking job. So if Millen believes we need to man mark one of their key men, then i believe Skuse is the man for a job. I would also like to ask the Skuse haters; Did any of you watch the game v WBA? he was the best City player on the pitch by far with exception to Albert and really made some class WBA players such as Scharner look very average. So how about instead of getting on players back's with just days before the season kicks off and instead encourage and support. :innocent06:

Ha, all these Skuse haters make me laugh. Like the original poster stated, Skuse is one of the best in the league at doing a man marking job. So if Millen believes we need to man mark one of their key men, then i believe Skuse is the man for a job. I would also like to ask the Skuse haters; Did any of you watch the game v WBA? he was the best City player on the pitch by far with exception to Albert and really made some class WBA players such as Scharner look very average. So how about instead of getting on players back's with just days before the season kicks off and instead encourage and support. :innocent06:

Im all for one for supporting players, as Im always behind the team. But because of one game your saying Skuse is one of our best players. Overall Skuse is past his cell by date and was never that good. Only time he has done well at this club was when Paul Hartley played a long side him.

Just read this on Leicester site;

Bristol City have Maynard who is very clever at playing on the last man and both central defenders are

going to have to be on high alert for him.

Who do people think will pick up Albert. He's one of those rare midfielders who gets past the strikers with his forward runs.

Who would be given the job to track Albert

and who will go with Marv and Killkeny?

Thoughts?

Sorry for being flippant, not offense angled at poster just being positive (perhaps to much) :closedeyes:

why look at Leicester's site?

Were playing Ipswich.

Talking rubbish, Skuse is no wimp.

What a knob!

Skuse is probably our best player at making last ditch tackles and sticking his foot in. He sprints across the pitch and puts loads of effort in just to make challenges. Out of interest do your ever come to any City games? If so, maybe you should start bringing some glasses!

What a knob!

Skuse is probably our best player at making last ditch tackles and sticking his foot in. He sprints across the pitch and puts loads of effort in just to make challenges. Out of interest do your ever come to any City games? If so, maybe you should start bringing some glasses!

I've had a season ticket for many years thanks. Skuse is not our best player at making tackles, I have seen him in the past yes sliding to challenge but I've never noticed any of them being successful. Skuse is finished here and needs a new replacement brought in.

I've had a season ticket for many years thanks. Skuse is not our best player at making tackles, I have seen him in the past yes sliding to challenge but I've never noticed any of them being successful. Skuse is finished here and needs a new replacement brought in.

Haha, you havnt got a clue !

I must admit last season i didnt really rate him, but he had injuries, but in the last few games and last couple at end of last season, his passing range is great and he wins the ball. In my opinion he is in a different class to Elliot and should be starting in the middle with Kilkenny.

Explain why he is finished? He's only 25 so still improving, not like hes mid 30's, unlike you who must be around mid 90's with your eye sight?

Hahah :laugh:! What a sad pathetic post. Dont you mean one's a racist *** basher? Horrible little shit of a player Bowyer is.Yeah ones a man and one a wimp, you got that right.

Haha, you havnt got a clue !

I must admit last season i didnt really rate him, but he had injuries, but in the last few games and last couple at end of last season, his passing range is great and he wins the ball. In my opinion he is in a different class to Elliot and should be starting in the middle with Kilkenny.

Explain why he is finished? He's only 25 so still improving, not like hes mid 30's, unlike you who must be around mid 90's with your eye sight?

I take it you dont respect other opinions? Well I do and still respect yours even though you do not with mine. Skuse is finished at this club, he's past his cell by date and is old blood, it's time for the bird to leave his nest and fly somewhere else.

Im all for one for supporting players, as Im always behind the team. But because of one game your saying Skuse is one of our best players. Overall Skuse is past his cell by date and was never that good. Only time he has done well at this club was when Paul Hartley played a long side him.

Didnt say Skuse was our best player, just our best player on the DAY again WBA. I do prefer Marv and Kilkenny over skuse but when it comes in terms of doing a man marking job which Millen may use, i dont think we have a better player in our squad then Skuse for the job.

I take it you dont respect other opinions? Well I do and still respect yours even though you do not with mine. Skuse is finished at this club, he's past his cell by date and is old blood, it's time for the bird to leave his nest and fly somewhere else.

I respect your opinion,

But its wrong.

Sell by date? He's 25 FFS! Get a grip! Very good player to have in the squad. Whether he's good enough for the first XI or not is debatable, but he can fill in for midfielders and at right back. our squad is better with him in it.

Even alot of the Baggies fans i spoke to after said the same thing , was on everything and anything hardly put a foot wrong .. my son got a pic with him as he was leaving and he said that it had been a hard shift , just what he'd needed against some decent opposition . People should lay off the guy and all the rest of the players , first four league games are hard as nails this time out , we got to hit the ground running , some decent results from those games stand us in great ground :englandsmile4wf:

You may have had a season ticket for many years but you cant have used it very often........................... you have never noticed any of his sliding tackles being successful??????? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me this is a wind up?

Crikey - some people! :disapointed2se:

Bowyer is going to be a problem i think if we dont man mark him - i think Skuse would do a good job but then who do you drop in the midfield...Elliot or Kilkenny? Whereas, Chopra always seems to play well against City and tbh im quite worried that Ipswich are going to be a surprise package this season! :ermm:

Gutted i wont be there on Saturday though...stupid time to book a holiday i suppose! :angry:

Archived