IGNORED

Talent For Free (Sort Of)

fishy

Well that is the Bosman ruling for you. Intended to help players from being treated like lumps of meat for their clubs. It opened the doors for huge wages. But new rulings concerning home grown talent and turnover have pushed the all the cards back towards the clubs again.

how long before home grown talent rule getas overturned by a court from stopping foriegn footballers plying there trade.

Personally I think it is good to see.

Hopefully it will lead to lower wages and a better spread of good footballers cascading through the leagues. After all, apart from league 2 and below, the average salary for a footballer is still good, especially if they are sensible and don't squander the money... even if your career in the game is short.

For the first time in a very long time i actually have started to gain a little more interest in football again, it could really start to spice things up if eventually we can afford to sign players such as this.

If I was in charge (and had the power to push things through) I would have salary caps for each division:

PL: 20k per player maximum (still adds up to 1.3m per season )

Champ: 7.5k per player maximum (390k)

L1: 2k per player maximum (104k)

L2: 1k per player maximum (52k)

Harsh yes, but clubs would be financially viable, which is the ultimate aim.

A lot of players would think twice about taking up the profession and so only the cream would be successful and you wouldn't get the players just in it for the cash......like 90% of them are at the moment.

And if clubs were found flaunting the rules, then a statutory 1 division relegation is imposed and all the penalties that go with it.

BCAGFC

If I was in charge (and had the power to push things through) I would have salary caps for each division:

A lot of players would think twice about taking up the profession and so only the cream would be successful and you wouldn't get the players just in it for the cash......like 90% of them are at the moment.

And if clubs were found flaunting the rules, then a statutory 1 division relegation is imposed and all the penalties that go with it.

BCAGFC

Totally agree no one in the world needs more than 20k per week

BCAGFC

I would only allow 20k because of the Sky cash, if it was normal TV money, I would have a limit of 10k per player.

Someone has to stand up to the agents/players but everyone has to back it up not find ways around it......that is why there has to be severe penalties for breaking rules.

BCAGFC

hate to say this but the yanks have the best wage structure,

I think each club has 3 star players they can pay over the odds in wages but the rest are capped at 10k a week,

which is why you get so much player sponsership over their,

I sort of see where you are coming from, but I'm only in my job for the cash. I don't think the problems lie with most of the players it's the agents that give them an over inflated ego, I don't have a problem with a salary cap either, however if there was a salary cap you would have to incorporate massive incentives for good performance and in an ideal world fees for poor performance, however we are through the looking glass here.

Or £20k PA? It's silly money, these guys are in a fortunate position - I have absolutely no sympathy with them, and If it turns out they find no club or get paaaid much less than what had been offered a month or so ago I will laugh, but really they are the ones still laughing with a few mil in the bank no sdoubt already..

Goes to show though, what's more important to most footballer..... money of football?? Money every time isntit it? Nieve to think otherwise even for a fleeting moment. Oh well such is life

Or £20k PA? It's silly money, these guys are in a fortunate position - I have absolutely no sympathy with them, and If it turns out they find no club or get paaaid much less than what had been offered a month or so ago I will laugh, but really they are the ones still laughing with a few mil in the bank no sdoubt already..

Goes to show though, what's more important to most footballer..... money of football?? Money every time isntit it? Nieve to think otherwise even for a fleeting moment. Oh well such is life

So if we had these wage caps and drastically reduced player wages, where would the extra money go? I'm guessing into the pockets of billionnaire club owners?

Hopefully it would go towards reducing the price of match day tickets if it were ever to happen.

So if we had these wage caps and drastically reduced player wages, where would the extra money go? I'm guessing into the pockets of billionnaire club owners?

You wouldn't need the billionaire owners, in fact fans could possibly play a bigger part in the running of their clubs.

The cash could also be spend on improving stadiums, training grounds & the infrastructure of clubs etc, etc.

BCAGFC

You wouldn't need the billionaire owners, in fact fans could possibly play a bigger part in the running of their clubs.

The cash could also be spend on improving stadiums, training grounds & the infrastructure of clubs etc, etc.

BCAGFC

In a perfect world, you're right. As was the other reply above about reducing ticket prices.

Though what you suggest does sound a bit like German football now...

I don't have a problem with a footballer earning £100k a week as long as they earn it week in, week out. That's why a bonus system would work best for me. If a striker scores a hat trick or a keeper saves a penalty then they've earned their cash. If they get sent off or scores an own goal they get their basic wage

As others have said, unless every club in the world signs up to the idea, then its pie in the sky

I don't normally say too much on here (more of a passive observer) and not suggesting that we are in for the big boys, but certainly a confidence booster to see that there is still plenty of choice out there if needed. If I had the money I'd certainly take the starting eleven available. http://news.bbc.co.u...ll/14399073.stm

A few Centre Backs in there who'd do a good job for us at this level :

Anthony Gardner, Zurab Khizanishvili, Ibrahim Sonko, hell even Claude Davies. Prob all want too much ££££ though.

Noticeably not too many left backs to be had though (maybe take a look at Tom Cruise?)

Archived