IGNORED

Neil Kilkenny

Wardie

After the utter shambles of this afternoon the one shining light was Mr Kilkenny! Why did he not start! Bridged the gap between back four and midfield. even when he didnt have the ball he was always looking about for people in space, always wanted the ball. I dont give a toss if he is comes across as a moody bastard if he brings a bit of passion to the team it can only be a good thing! Welcome to Ashton Gate

Also was constantly talking to everyone around him, directing traffic and as you say wanting the ball.

Start him every game and make him Captain.

You're right. So obvious. It was remarkable. He was on a few minutes and was prepared to take on the responsibility of ordering people about, giving instructions and basically communicating.

As I said in another thread Ketih to save his job will have to drop one of his favourite sons - personally I think he'll drop Elliot, which in my opinion would be the wrong choice.

It's a bit of a vicious circle.

You want a hard nosed leader to tell it how it is, however when the outstanding candidate is an {apparently} abrasive summer signing you can't be too bold.

It's one thing, and I agree, to say we need this type of leader. It is another to thrust the responsibility onto a new player whom the others are unfamiliar. Respect is earned and in throwing the armband to Killkenny there is a very real danger it could do more harm than good.

The only times Albert received the ball in any space was after Kilkenny came on, mostly passes by Kilkenny himself!

As well as talking constantly, as other posters have stated, he was even giving advice/instructions to Marv who in turn seemed to accept what was being said. Now usually Marv would just tell another player to **** off.

He's going to need to do a lot more than he did in 20 minutes to convince me. Yes he had a lot of the ball, but most of the time he was so deep he was positioned like a third centre back. At three up, Ipswich could afford to sit back, have a chuckle and watch him go nowhere. Is this is natural game or did someone tell him to do that?

It gave the illusion that he was on the ball a lot, but he was hardly put under any pressure and from such a deep starting point he didn't look like creating anything.

His performance was noticeable but in no way effective.

He's going to need to do a lot more than he did in 20 minutes to convince me. Yes he had a lot of the ball, but most of the time he was so deep he was positioned like a third centre back. At three up, Ipswich could afford to sit back, have a chuckle and watch him go nowhere. Is this is natural game or did someone tell him to do that?

It gave the illusion that he was on the ball a lot, but he was hardly put under any pressure and from such a deep starting point he didn't look like creating anything.

Agreed. It's clutching at straws to see anything revelatory in his performance yesterday. Not to say there isn't more to come. Hard to make much of an impact when the game is lost, the opposition is playing 4-5-1 and they've shut up shop. Should have started.

Spot on

He was playing very deep, mostly in our half, taking the ball of the defence - but playing square short passes. he tried the odd longer ball but with all 11 Ipswich players in front of him it was always going to be hard.

The game was over by the time he came on and it's not fair to judge him - either way - Yes he was on the ball a lot and showed for the pass but in terms of end product, there wan't any.

He reminded me of Lee Johnson, I'm not saying that to be insulting but just that LJ plays a similar way.

Let's see him over the full 90 minutes

CR

double post sorry

You're right. So obvious. It was remarkable. He was on a few minutes and was prepared to take on the responsibility of ordering people about, giving instructions and basically communicating.

As I said in another thread Ketih to save his job will have to drop one of his favourite sons - personally I think he'll drop Elliot, which in my opinion would be the wrong choice.

I think he would rather change to 3 in midfield than drop either of those two, which is fine but you can't play Pitman on the left of a 3 up front.

Spot on

He was playing very deep, mostly in our half, taking the ball of the defence - but playing square short passes. he tried the odd longer ball but with all 11 Ipswich players in front of him it was always going to be hard.

The game was over by the time he came on and it's not fair to judge him - either way - Yes he was on the ball a lot and showed for the pass but in terms of end product, there wan't any.

He reminded me of Lee Johnson, I'm not saying that to be insulting but just that LJ plays a similar way.

Let's see him over the full 90 minutes

CR

My feelings exactly. When he came on he seemed to sit in front of the back four and just make short sideways/backwards passes (just like Johnson). He did get further forward occassionally, but I didn't really see any 'play maker' style passes. So in my view, he has still to prove how good he is. However, I agree he should start for the nexxt few games.

Archived