IGNORED

Tactical

Tony Montana

Here is the days plan of action by Keith Millen. And i tell you what, Brian Clough and Peter Taylor eat your heart out!

1. Play the exact same team that lined up last season and finished in the bottom half of the table (Without Caulker)...........................

2. However i will make one change, i will make Liam Fontaine, the least vocal player we have, our captain for the game...................

3. We needed a creative midfielder, we now have him, Kilkenny, so we will decide to make him sit on the bench until we are far enough behind, he cant do anything about it............................

4. When we have the ball in midfield, make sure you lay the ball of to Nyatanga or Fontaine, because they have the biggest kicks they can hoof the ball as hard and high as they can to a player who is 5ft10 and best when he has the ball at his feet...........................

5. This is now a new season, i have had enough time to make this sqaud my own and brought in some players i think are good enough, therefore i will make sure 2 of them aren't in the squad and 1 is on the bench.........................

6. When we go behind by at least 2, i will take of one of our wingers and replace him with the only man i have that can actually give the ball out wide to him...........................................

7. Then i will bring on my top scorer and best finisher/goal poacher from last season, and put him out wide on the left, because we have just taken our other winger off leaving a space out there..........................................

8. Re-assure David James of his position in the side, as he is the highest paid player and if i dont play him, i will get told off. Do the same to Marvin Eliiot (who cant pass the ball) because he was our so called goal scoring midfielder last year, with an amazing total, drawing comparisons to the likes of Gerrard and Lampard, with a massive 8 goals from midfield!

This master plan is sure to give us a chance of a top half finish and maybe even play-offs.

:clapping:

Keith Millen- :worship2:

oh, and there was alot of this from you on the touchline today :chant6ez:

** This is not a Millen hate thread, as i think hes a nice guy, but hes just not got a tactical brain to be a manager, maybe he should just go back to coaching **

Here is the days plan of action by Keith Millen. And i tell you what, Brian Clough and Peter Taylor eat your heart out!

1. Play the exact same team that lined up last season and finished in the bottom half of the table (Without Caulker)...........................

2. However i will make one change, i will make Liam Fontaine, the least vocal player we have, our captain for the game...................

3. We needed a creative midfielder, we now have him, Kilkenny, so we will decide to make him sit on the bench until we are far enough behind, he cant do anything about it............................

4. When we have the ball in midfield, make sure you lay the ball of to Nyatanga or Fontaine, because they have the biggest kicks they can hoof the ball as hard and high as they can to a player who is 5ft10 and best when he has the ball at his feet...........................

5. This is now a new season, i have had enough time to make this sqaud my own and brought in some players i think are good enough, therefore i will make sure 2 of them aren't in the squad and 1 is on the bench.........................

6. When we go behind by at least 2, i will take of one of our wingers and replace him with the only man i have that can actually give the ball out wide to him...........................................

7. Then i will bring on my top scorer and best finisher/goal poacher from last season, and put him out wide on the left, because we have just taken our other winger off leaving a space out there..........................................

8. Re-assure David James of his position in the side, as he is the highest paid player and if i dont play him, i will get told off. Do the same to Marvin Eliiot (who cant pass the ball) because he was our so called goal scoring midfielder last year, with an amazing total, drawing comparisons to the likes of Gerrard and Lampard, with a massive 8 goals from midfield!

This master plan is sure to give us a chance of a top half finish and maybe even play-offs.

** This is not a Millen hate thread, as i think hes a nice guy, but hes just not got a tactical brain to be a manager, maybe he should just go back to coaching **

Cracking post! But like someone else said, shame it's not a joke!

What is this playing stikers on the wing obsession? I can only assume it's a case of "I'm a highly qualified coach so I am going to show how clever I am." With a bunch of players who can barely master the basics it is pointless trying to be sophsiticated. Our round pegs barely fit into their round holes so please stop trying to squeeze them into square ones Keith.

top post Matt Davison.

A nice summary of today's mis-managment.

So much, so wrong.

We all new this was the case, anyone with a brain, speaking to a Ipswich fan afterwards you look bad and Maynard didn't look interested, good luck he said

Normally I try to stay away from knee jerk or sensationalist message board threads, but the list provided here is so accurate it deserves a comment. Well said.

Taking JCR off today was ridiculous, between he and Marvin they were the only players who even turned up. And Maynard, I think he's saving himself for a move.

By the way, after a month of pre-season, who knew that attacking boils down to Nyatanga hoofing the ball over the opposition back four.

I could have come up with that one and had time spare to build the new stadium.

And Maynard, I think he's saving himself for a move.

Absolutely. I said on a couple of threads yesterday that we may as well tell Maynard to wear his suit and sit in the stands on matchdays, because he's no good to us if he can't be arsed to put in any effort.

I think it's blindingly obvious that he no longer wants to play for us, so let's hope Leicester are still interested in him. Otherwise, we have a very disinterested and demotivated player on our hands.

By the way, after a month of pre-season, who knew that attacking boils down to Nyatanga hoofing the ball over the opposition back four.

I could have come up with that one and had time spare to build the new stadium.

Exactly, that is the worst thing about losing by that many gaols aswell, it wouldnt be as bad if we knocked the ball about along the ground and tried to play football, but you could see very time Nyatanga got the ball it was just gunna be a direct punt in no direction. At least if your gunna do that, do it well and hit it at a big guy or into some space for someone to chase, whereas he just aims for the opponents defenders heads ! :grr:

Hate to say it matt but i agree with all of that. When i had the team text come through i couldn't believe Killkenny wasn't starting. Millen actually said at the end of the season "we need creativity in midfield" buys one then puts him on the bench. Unbelievable Geoff.

Well everyone else seems to agree with me, are you sure your names not Keith Millen or Steve Wigley ?

James was VERY POOR and should be dropped.

Fontaine (as captain) did more today than Carey EVER does, he was vocal, encouraging his teammates......not slagging them.

Pitman was VERY POOR even though he was played out of position.

Maynard was CRAP and should have been replaced at HT.

KM got it wrong (shape wise).....VERY POOR

Kilkenny wasn't match fit, would have had to come off after 50 mins.

BCAGFC

He is trying a formation players he got can't do, pass and move some times the gap between attack and defences is laughable, then again he has got a pro zone expert on the staff. Pass in angles in the middle you will do City, there football brains can't do this.

Stop bombing forward Elliot, Killkeny the ball on the floor not a hoof to Elliott. IMO

Next game he has to go 433.

Wilson in for lewin, Skuse sitting in front of the back four with kilkenny playing the ball about and Elliot working box to box.

Then Albert and pitman playing either side of maynard or stead depending on what happens over the next week.

It's the only way I can see us getting anywhere with the players we currently have.

Millen got it all wrong today. After last season I honestly don't know how he started with Skuse and Elliot in the middle, and JCR on the left- laughable. Then he takes Stead off, who in my opinion was the only striker putting any effort, and then he decides to put Pitman on the left? Ridiculous.

James was VERY POOR and should be dropped.

Fontaine (as captain) did more today than Carey EVER does, he was vocal, encouraging his teammates......not slagging them.

Pitman was VERY POOR even though he was played out of position.

Maynard was CRAP and should have been replaced at HT.

KM got it wrong (shape wise).....VERY POOR

Kilkenny wasn't match fit, would have had to come off after 50 mins.

BCAGFC

Sorry Keith, you will never convince me Fontaine is a captain.

Oh................Kilkenny wasnt match fit? Oh that explains it then, i mean its obviously more important to play the last 20 minutes when your 2-3 goals behind rather than the first 50 mins of the game?

A spot on assessment of Millen's tactics....except there were two others on another piece of paper:

Bring on a bloke with a hairband who plays on the wing to charge about in the left back and centre back position for the last 10 minutes and....spend weeks praxctising free kicks that involve lobbing the ball into the opposition goalkeepers arms.

Exactly, that is the worst thing about losing by that many gaols aswell, it wouldnt be as bad if we knocked the ball about along the ground and tried to play football, but you could see very time Nyatanga got the ball it was just gunna be a direct punt in no direction. At least if your gunna do that, do it well and hit it at a big guy or into some space for someone to chase, whereas he just aims for the opponents defenders heads ! :grr:

It is the thing that annoys me the most. At times we play it around the back, get it in to midfield and if nothing is on or we are under pressure it goes back to the defence and there can be a tendency to lump it desperately up to Maynard. Might pay off occasionally but even McCombe could get rid of those balls all day long.

Archived