IGNORED

Time To Sack Millen

neilos

I dont believe it would be madness. It would give a new man plenty of time to sort out the fix. Millen as stated earlier is an assistant manager at best and clearly not up to the job.

I never have agreed to his posting believing that if he wasnt good enough before coppell, he wasnt good enough after him. There must be no exscuses, we have had a manager with no experiance in Tinnion, we should have learned a lesson.

If we could all see pre season what was wrong, why did Millen? If Millen did see it, why didnt he address it? To say that he didnt see that coming is BULLSH*T, because i bloody did!

Come on City, where has the ambition gone?

Last night I wrote "We HAVE to start Kilkenny. Whatever you think of his attitude we all know we're not going to make it out of this division with marv and skuse in the middle... Nothing against them - just fact!" Why oh why didn't he start??? We've needed a ball player, finally get one, then he comes on when we're 3 nil down.

Today's performance and millen's reaction fill me with dread. Not normally one for overreaction and up til this point always stood by Johnson & millen, but if I was CS/SL id do the following:

Maynard 1 week ultimatum, if he hasn't signed then sell. Spend cash on sum decent defenders.

With the players at the club with contracts til the end of this season let's face it, mid table is as good as it gets this year. The rationale up til now has been give milly a preseason. WHEN he gets sacked I don't want the next gaffer to have the same excuse and next year to be the same situation as last season and this. Next year we can push on and go for play offs, just not under milly. I'd sack him now, wigley in temporary charge for the following reasons...

As a manager you either need passion or be tactically astute. Millen has neither - never has, never will. The obvious question is who next. It's been said many times last few years but for me curbishley ticks both boxes. If he says no and ur after British passion take a punt on someone like Ince or shearer. Alternatively go down the foreign technician route a la Paulo Sousa/Swansea.

If stood by millen up to today, but don't know what he stands for, don't get his philosophy, what is his strategy? Lower league player with no experience of playing/managing any higher. Will struggle to attract players and will not take us any further forward. Nice guy but got to go. Don't see any reason to give him another 10 games. Wrong solution long term and can see no benefit short term. Let's get someone in place that can take us forward.

Rant over... thoughts!?

Re: Kilkenny. How about next week we do an Ipswich?

----------------James---------------

--------Carey------Nyatanga----

----Spence-----------McAllister-

-----------Skuse--Elliott----------

-Adomah--------------Woolford-

----------Kilkenny------------------

------------------Stead-------------

Re: Kilkenny. How about next week we do an Ipswich?

----------------James---------------

--------Carey------Nyatanga----

----Spence-----------McAllister-

-----------Skuse--Elliott----------

-Adomah--------------Woolford-

----------Kilkenny------------------

------------------Stead-------------

Exactly the sort tactics I advocated last night. I'd probably rather more changes after today's result.

I'd swap Wilson for Nya, Fonts for Macca, Cisse for Skuse, and maybe give Pitmann a start up top... assuming Nicky understandably joins Sven's Foxy revolution. Vassel's red today will only hasten the deal IMO.

As I stated in the other Millen thread, someone like Billy Davies would sort our players out. No more Mr Nice Guy Keith Millen.

Do we think that Kilkenny was on the bench today as a result of his interview in the week which most fans on here have interpreted that he has no faith in the manager? Add to this the rumour that Nicky Hunt supposedly told Keith that he was clueless and a nobody after Millen had told him he won't play for the first team again. Both Kilkenny and Hunt have played Premier League or international football. These guys are going to know a clueless manager when they see one.

As I stated in the other Millen thread, someone like Billy Davies would sort our players out. No more Mr Nice Guy Keith Millen.

Do we think that Kilkenny was on the bench today as a result of his interview in the week which most fans on here have interpreted that he has no faith in the manager? Add to this the rumour that Nicky Hunt supposedly told Keith that he was clueless and a nobody after Millen had told him he won't play for the first team again. Both Kilkenny and Hunt have played Premier League or international football. These guys are going to know a clueless manager when they see one.

Well if they've played PL or international football they must be experts on managers then. Nicky Hunt has shown he is nothing more than complete shite so why his opinion is valid on a clueless manager when he's a clueless full-back I don't know. Likewise just because Kilkenny has represented his country it doesn't mean he's an expert on managers, not that there's any indication whatsoever that he does believe Millen to be clueless.

I said earlier that he cannot be sacked after one game and I stand by that.

But listening to his post match interview, he just sounds totally clueless.

It is only one game, and it CAN be turned round. But I feel the writing is on the wall....

Well if they've played PL or international football they must be experts on managers then. Nicky Hunt has shown he is nothing more than complete shite so why his opinion is valid on a clueless manager when he's a clueless full-back I don't know. Likewise just because Kilkenny has represented his country it doesn't mean he's an expert on managers, not that there's any indication whatsoever that he does believe Millen to be clueless.

it is not the time to sack Millen, but it is time for him to admit defeat in his quest to force Skuse and Elliott to become a successful central midfield pairing, it did'nt work last season, it won't work this season, it won't ever work. it is also time to play one of the two left sided midfield players HE signed.

it is not the time to sack Millen, but it is time for him to admit defeat in his quest to force Skuse and Elliott to become a successful central midfield pairing, it did'nt work last season, it won't work this season, it won't ever work. it is also time to play one of the two left sided midfield players HE signed.

I completely agree. I was amazed and disappointed to learn that Kilkenny was not starting and I'm sick of JCR. I haven't seen much of Bolasie so can't comment on him but would probably play Woolford on the left, even though he by no means looks good. We'll have to show signs of improvement quickly and if we don't get through the cup game Tuesday there could be hell to pay for Millen.

Killkeny looked classy when he came on, but there again the game was already dead.

What I found interesting was, he's a midfielder who looks great at linking the play but..... from very deep.

IMO we need a creative midfielder who does that from the front of the diamond not the back.

We already have Skuse,Cisse and to an extent Elliot who can do that role at the back of the diamond, not as well I will add.

Killkeny looked classy when he came on, but there again the game was already dead.

What I found interesting was, he's a midfielder who looks great at linking the play but..... from very deep.

IMO we need a creative midfielder who does that from the front of the diamond not the back.

We already have Skuse,Cisse and to an extent Elliot who can do that role at the back of the diamond, not as well I will add.

Woolford.

"There are none so blind who cannot see".

I think the phrase is 'there are none so blind who will not see' which significantly changes the meaning over the way you have written it. But i am guessing this is what you mean Esmondo?

Comes from the bible as you no doubt know...

Jer. 5:21 (King James version): "Hear now this, O foolish people, and without understanding; which have eyes, and see not; which have ears, and hear not."

If you bring in a new man then you need to back him with money if not now then i January and i think we all know that isn't going to happen unless we sell Maynard. Even then most of that might go to reduce the debt rather than into transfer funds.

We are likely at best a mid table team and Ipswich after there spending spree a top 6 team and although i'm horrified we are still getting beaten 3-0 at home i think Millen can at least keep us in the league.

Millen has kept us in the league twice now, granted! But can he do it again... it seems as though everything is falling apart, we need change, of course give the bloke a little longer to prove yesterday was just a blip, ut i really cant see that lose being a flash in the pan. Millen is a great coach but nothing more. We need an experience, no nonsence manager, who is proven at this level. Dave Jones, Billy Davies...Both Arseholes, but definatly the type of manager meeded here at this moment in time!

Millen has kept us in the league twice now

He took over after Johnson left with nine (?) games remaining, if we had won any of those we wouldnt have been relegated.

He took over with 45 games to be played last season and we flirted with relegation - he nearly got us relegated, he didnt save us from relegation.

This is in no way to contribute to the 'Millen Out' or discontented voices, there has been an overreaction to a very disappointing result, but to say he's kept us in the league or saved us from relegation simply isnt true.

He took over after Johnson left with nine (?) games remaining, if we had won any of those we wouldnt have been relegated.

He took over with 45 games to be played last season and we flirted with relegation - he nearly got us relegated, he didnt save us from relegation.

This is in no way to contribute to the 'Millen Out' or discontented voices, there has been an overreaction to a very disappointing result, but to say he's kept us in the league or saved us from relegation simply isnt true.

Well, he has kept us in the league, did we get relegated last season...? No, which means he kept us in the league, we were rock bottoms, and we finsihed mid-table, in my eyes thats keeping us in the league. As for the 'Millen out' comment, i am simply saying i think we need a manager who will shove a rocket up the players arses! and not pussy foot around them. I was saying that Billy Davies and Dave Jones are these type of managers, if the sacking of Millen did happen These could be the oustanding options for us.

Millen has kept us in the league twice now, granted! But can he do it again... it seems as though everything is falling apart, we need change, of course give the bloke a little longer to prove yesterday was just a blip, ut i really cant see that lose being a flash in the pan. Millen is a great coach but nothing more. We need an experience, no nonsence manager, who is proven at this level. Dave Jones, Billy Davies...Both Arseholes, but definatly the type of manager meeded here at this moment in time!

Jones presided over a drinking culture that cost Cardiff big time; might as well bring back Danny Wilson. Davies was constantly moaning that the club wouldn't give him millions to spend so would not take the job anyway. Indeed I doubt any so called high profile manager would take the job if told there was no money to spend.

Quite where the evidence is that Keith is a great coach I'm not sure. Certainly highly qualified but precious little proof that he has made any difference to the same old players doing the same old things ad nauseam. We had a no nonsense manager in Gary Johnson but neither players nor fans would tolerate it. It is pretty clear that our players are not amenable to being told a few home truths and would simply down tools or start banging on the Chairman's door if any manager tried it. So in short we are stuck with what we have.Not a problem provided our expectations are realistic (i.e. low).

Well, he has kept us in the league, did we get relegated last season...? No, which means he kept us in the league, we were rock bottoms, and we finsihed mid-table, in my eyes thats keeping us in the league. As for the 'Millen out' comment, i am simply saying i think we need a manager who will shove a rocket up the players arses! and not pussy foot around them. I was saying that Billy Davies and Dave Jones are these type of managers, if the sacking of Millen did happen These could be the oustanding options for us.

Dont get me wrong, I understand what you're saying and am not suggesting you're saying 'Millen out'.

The point im making is that the comment 'he saved us from relegation' should be reserved for incoming managers who overcome difficult circumstances in a short period of time.

We'd played one {league} game when he took over, his management saw us hit rock bottom when our squad was much better than that. I simply dont see how you can credit someone with something when it was largely their fault we were there.

Oh please !!!!

Lets have Billy Davies .

Reminds me of a Union leader who is determined to get what he wants. Just listen to the blokes interviews unlike the "lily-livered featherweight we have at the moment

Yes, lets sack him after one game, because that would clearly be a well thought out and balanced decision.

You dont get it do you??? Its not just one game - he had last season and pre season. Now i may not be very good at maths but that is def more than one game!! Some people :disapointed2se:

I would argue that the signing of Caulker kept us in the league, and he was discovered by super scout........ Geoff Twentypence!

I think yesterday proved why it is essential to have a Killkenny style player to link defence to the rest of the team. It is exactly the reason LJ was effective and important to us before too.

Killkenny and Elliot have to start every game together.

Also, can't believe some of the stuff written about JCR. His mistake with James for the third aside he was our best player. He keeps the ball which is essential. Would people prefer him to try run past 4 players and lose it or stop and give it to a team mate?

I think yesterday proved why it is essential to have a Killkenny style player to link defence to the rest of the team. It is exactly the reason LJ was effective and important to us before too.

Killkenny and Elliot have to start every game together.

Also, can't believe some of the stuff written about JCR. His mistake with James for the third aside he was our best player. He keeps the ball which is essential. Would people prefer him to try run past 4 players and lose it or stop and give it to a team mate?

Only problem with JCR is he holds the ball too long. But at least he tries to make things happen, now if he got his head up he would be a whole lot better.

Kilkenny reminds me of a mouthy LJ so how long before the crowd get on his back?

Most disappointing for me today was Stead, good approach play then every time he tried to get the ball in he couldn't beat the first defender, truly shocking. That bad I would say he was almost as culpable for the result as James. So many time we could have got good ball into the box only for the move to fizzle out.

You say he nearly got us relegated but that is of course nonsense as we ended the season 18 points clear of the drop, more clear than in either of the previous seasons. Even though we finished 15th last season we ended up with 60 points, that was only 3 less than the previous season (where we were only 16 points off of relegation) and 1 less than our second season in the Championship (where we were 15 points above the drop zone). When you consider Millen also won 5 of the 9 games he was in charge for in the 2009/10 season should Johnson have stayed we may very well have had a lower points season that year.

The point I'm making is we did not challenge near the top end and Millen by no means had a sensational season but we weren't close to going down in the end his first season in charge as manager was not shit as some people make out. Yesterday was a thoroughly disappointing start and obviously the onus is on Millen to improve on both last season's points total and final position but any judgement on his immediate managerial position is rather forward.

You dont get it do you??? Its not just one game - he had last season and pre season. Now i may not be very good at maths but that is def more than one game!! Some people :disapointed2se:

Who would you appoint then? And do you really think sacking Millen one game into the 2011/12 season is a better decision than waiting for at least a few more?

You say he nearly got us relegated but that is of course nonsense as we ended the season 18 points clear of the drop, more clear than in either of the previous seasons. Even though we finished 15th last season we ended up with 60 points, that was only 3 less than the previous season (where we were only 16 points off of relegation) and 1 less than our second season in the Championship (where we were 15 points above the drop zone). When you consider Millen also won 5 of the 9 games he was in charge for in the 2009/10 season should Johnson have stayed we may very well have had a lower points season that year.

The point I'm making is we did not challenge near the top end and Millen by no means had a sensational season but we weren't close to going down in the end his first season in charge as manager was not shit as some people make out. Yesterday was a thoroughly disappointing start and obviously the onus is on Millen to improve on both last season's points total and final position but any judgement on his immediate managerial position is rather forward.

KM is clueless

Leicester have gone through managers left right and centre until they found the right man

KM was the easy option

You could see the writing on the wall when we had the pre season friendliest

I won £16 on Ipswitch winning. 13/8. £10 bet

It was a sert bet

I don't like betting against my own team but I knew it was money in the pocket for me to take the mrs out

Who would you appoint then? And do you really think sacking Millen one game into the 2011/12 season is a better decision than waiting for at least a few more?

Archived