IGNORED

Abraham Romanovich

Take out the 1600 from Ipswich that means the City of Bristol and surrounding area provided just 11.5k supporters..

That really must be a wake up call to the Board ,traditionally first day fixtures are higher than average.

it was noticeable yesterday where I sit in the Ayteo E block that several regulars have not renewed this season.

Obviously the recession has had an effect on people's spending but wondering who on this board wasn't inclined to go yesterday as opposed to the Millwall game which was a sell out

Take out the 1600 from Ipswich that means the City of Bristol and surrounding area provided just 11.5k supporters..

That really must be a wake up call to the Board ,traditionally first day fixtures are higher than average.

it was noticeable yesterday where I sit in the Ayteo E block that several regulars have obviously not renewed this season.

Obviously the recession has had an effect on people's spending but wondering who on this board wasn't inclined to go yesterday as opposed to the Millwall game which was a sell out

cant see there being meny on tuse even though there are cheap tickets

The crowds are now only going to get lower.

I didn't renew my season ticket because I am so fed up with Milen and the way this club is being run.

I am not the only one all my mates I go to football with ( about 6 of us ) did not renew thier tickets and none if us went yesterday.

I just can't bring myself to go and watch them and the momment maybe it will change when the weather turns colder.

it was noticeable yesterday where I sit in the Ayteo E block that several regulars have obviously not renewed this season.

In many ways this was the starkest statistic from yesterday's game. I couldn't believe how empty the ground was, and how muted the atmosphere was. I would be interested to hear the spin on this, from the usual apologists or Sexstone if he has the balls to address the issue. Even with the cheapest S/T in the division and a catchment area of millions City currently are only able to attract a paltry 11.5k supporters to THE FIRST MATCH OF THE SEASON :shocking: :shocking: :shocking:

City won their first triple A rating of the season yesterday however; Abject, Anonymous, Awful or should that be Apathetic, Abysmal and Anaemic...................:disapointed2se: :disapointed2se: :disapointed2se:

Edit: OS puts crowd at 14517 now......which is still pretty poor. The rest of my comments still apply.......

Totally agree and definately the hidden, or underplayed, story of yesterday.

Our next home league game is on the 20th vs Portsmouth, by that time it is perfectly conceivable, being a realist rather than pessimist, that we'll have no points. It will be very interesting to see what the crowd is that day.

The crowds are now only going to get lower.

I didn't renew my season ticket because I am so fed up with Milen and the way this club is being run.

I am not the only one all my mates I go to football with ( about 6 of us ) did not renew thier tickets and none if us went yesterday.

I just can't bring myself to go and watch them and the momment maybe it will change when the weather turns colder.

Luckily you saw sense. I renewed under the impression that Millen was going to take the opportunity this summer to bring in a few quality players in the areas in which we

know we're weak, and perhaps we'd have the chance to see what he was capable of as a manager with his players and his style of play.

Feeling pretty bloody gullible now.

Still not great is it...Come on, for a club that has been going for as long as we have plus the amount of people living in the Bristol area it's poor. Think it just shows the mindset of people who live in the area and don't have an interest.

Unfortunately, the majority of Bristolians are only interested in their sporting sides when they're successful.

In all seriousness, if the Gas do well this season, people will flock to see them, even allowing for the fact that it's League Two football. On the other hand, our season of struggle will see our crowds dip, even though (in theory) the quality on offer (ie, Championship football) is of a much higher standard than what's available in BS7.

I never had no faith in Milen from day one .

He reacts to events instead if trying to influence them and that's why he constantly contradicts himself.

He was put in by Lansdown as a puppet manager . Lansdown is with drawing his money from the club he saw Milen as the man who would be grateful for the job and not complain

People want to be entertained! Simples!! We are not entertaining!!

Don't buy into this "entertained" rubbish. People want to watch a team that wins and is successful. Being "entertained" will come hand in hand with a team that is successful and wins.

Using your analogy, we could lose every game 5-4 but people will still be flocking through the gates to watch an "entertaining" but essentially crap team lose every week.

People want to be entertained! Simples!! We are not entertaining!!

Exactly. People work hard all week and go to football to be entertained and to have a break from lifes problems and to see those overpaid ponces put in a performance like that is soul destroying, if they can't be bothered why should we?

Having said that I did renew in the hope that one day I'll see an entertaining match by City I wonder how long I'll have to wait?

Don't buy into this "entertained" rubbish. People want to watch a team that wins and is successful. Being "entertained" will come hand in hand with a team that is successful and wins.

Using your analogy, we could lose every game 5-4 but people will still be flocking through the gates to watch an "entertaining" but essentially crap team lose every week.

I love this qoute , for younger readers Danny Blanchflower was the captain of the Spurs double winning side of 1961

"The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It's nothing of the kind. The game is about glory. It's about doing things in style, with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom.' - Danny Blanchflower

As posted on another thread - the attendance was the lowest for a first home match since we played S****horpe in our first home fixture of the 2006/7 League 1 season...but also lower than the attendance for Doncaster in 2005. It's marginally better than the 14 275 that saw us draw with Torquay on the opening day in 2004.

And as Torquay brought 1200 (according to the match report) the City following was almost exactly the same as it was yesterday...which makes you think...progress in 7 years? As does the fact that the match report that day was written by Adam Baker and the photos taken by Joe Meredith...

...does no one ever move on to another job at the Gate?

As posted on another thread - the attendance was the lowest for a first home match since we played S****horpe in our first home fixture of the 2006/7 League 1 season...but also lower than the attendance for Doncaster in 2005. It's marginally better than the 14 275 that saw us draw with Torquay on the opening day in 2004.

And as Torquay brought 1200 (according to the match report) the City following was almost exactly the same as it was yesterday...which makes you think...progress in 7 years? As does the fact that the match report that day was written by Adam Baker and the photos taken by Joe Meredith...

...does no one ever move on to another job at the Gate?

Only the manager usually. But yeah, the club does smack a bit of an "old boys" club - right from the coaching staff up to the management team.

Luckily you saw sense. I renewed under the impression that Millen was going to take the opportunity this summer to bring in a few quality players in the areas in which we

know we're weak, and perhaps we'd have the chance to see what he was capable of as a manager with his players and his style of play.

Feeling pretty bloody gullible now.

Hear, hear. I have been going down to the Gate for over 50 years.

As you i believed the bull s*** once again, hope Millen can turn this around.

I will NOT be at the Tue game, but we will need to beat Swindon convincingly.And i am NOT sure that we will.

I'm one of those missing fans, the football on show for the past 2-3 seasons has been piss poor and I took it upon myself not to renew. The players and the club wont rip me off anymore with a poor product for good money. I will return sometime in the future if football across the board comes back to reality, had enough of shelling out a lot of money and more importantly, losing half of my weekend to go somewhere I am not enjoying. The money clubs pay their staff is disgusting, for 90minutes of kicking a ball around I would expect professionals to be able to at least entertain on the pitch, if they aren't entertaining me what's the point in watching. You wouldn't go to the cinema and watch the same shit film every two weeks and pay £30 for the privilege would you?

Expectation has exceeded reality. In Championship terms we are a relatively small club, our fans can be fickle, and after we over-achieved in reaching the Play Off Final, expectations have been unrealistically high. The Chairman backed both GJ and SC with large sums of cash, and both proved adept at squandering it, mostly on pretty ordinary players. The fallout is that Millen has inherited a large squad, far too little quality, and realistically, only one saleable asset. Rather than letting KM add to the numbers, SL has decided that he wants some value out of these players who are costing him, personally, about £10m per year. He really has been handed a poisoned chalice, a carp squad, no money to spend, and supporters demanding success. Logical answer is to cash in on Maynard, but if he does that he will get stick and accused of lack of ambition. Some of us were warning about packing the squad with 'Clubs in bag' and ignoring youth development, well our warnings have come true.

We have the basis of a good squad for next season, if we can survive this season, then KM will be able to offload a heap of junk, and be able to rebuild, hopefully with a few Academy prospects beginning to feature. This year always was going to be painful, no idea why anyone thought otherwise.

Archived