IGNORED

Here Is The Plan

fatman

James to be replaced by Gerkin immediately. The old fella cant bend his knees any more.

Nyatanga to be replaced by Wilson.He takes longer to turn than the average ferry.

JCR must go. One of our worst signings ever. Kilkenny to take over.

Skuse not up to it. Cisse to play the holding role.

Maynard..... sign or go....end of... if you go Pitman will probably do a more wholhearted job.

Width on the left.....not pitman or stead, a proper left sided midfielder, winger.

Millen....well, he picks the team, doesn't he?

Personally, after many, many years i've almost had enough of talk without action.

As i walk past the big cars in the players car park, having struggled to park my own up a side street i wonder who is the mug!Me, i think!

Before anyone jumps on me, i have been a fan for 50 years. seen more ups and downs than most of you. I have prized autographs of john atyeo, tommy burden and Jack white. Right now.........been there, done it, don't want to be taken any more!

Personally, after many, many years i've almost had enough of talk without action.

As i walk past the big cars in the players car park, having struggled to park my own up a side street i wonder who is the mug!Me, i think!

I started in 1969 - so you have a few years on me - but I couldn't agree more with the sentiments above...

James to be replaced by Gerkin immediately. The old fella cant bend his knees any more.

Nyatanga to be replaced by Wilson.He takes longer to turn than the average ferry.

Maynard..... sign or go....end of... if you go Pitman will probably do a more wholhearted job.

Width on the left.....not pitman or stead, a proper left sided midfielder, winger.

Before anyone jumps on me, i have been a fan for 50 years. seen more ups and downs than most of you. I have prized autographs of john atyeo, tommy burden and Jack white. Right now.........been there, done it, don't want to be taken any more!

The plan is, well, Steve L has had long enough in the hot seat to have a long term plan worked out, and it went like this. He pumped his money in to the club, manager after manager has largely spent it on shite and he has had enough, the current plan is quite rightly to stop ploughing money in and have a manager actually manage the team on a budget. This doesn't sit well with fans, but in my opinion it's about time.

I don't want Millen to go, I want him to get the structure of the club setup right from top to bottom, it means we loan, we coach better and we use our academy more, and when the time is right, we sell off our better players for profit. Yes, that means Maynard.

I totally agree with the playing players in their correct position, It infuriates me when a manager just sticks a player out on the wing and thinks he can do a job there. You cannot just swap a player out for another and hope to get a result, the players need to play in their correct positions because it means they receive the ball in an unfamiliar way, they are unsure about positioning, they are forced inside (JCR) and it all becomes a mess. Johnson tried to make Trundle some kind of target man and expect him to follow players deep into his own half for instance, Skuse is a midfielder, play him in the middle or not at all, same as Nyatanga, Fontaine, JCR, Pitman, Cisse. They all get moved about to fit a certain formation, instead of playing players in their correct positions in the formation. Choose your best players for the team and stick to it, don't just shove players in to it.

Agree with bits. But if James isn't good enough then were in trouble cos neither is Gerkin. I don't understand how an ex Colchester understudy keeper has suddenly turned into this world beater over the close season. Regards Wilson, I agree he should be playing but not necessarily instead of Nyatanga. Don't get me wrong I don't rate Lewin at all, in fact I think he and mainly his distribution are pants but Fontaine is seriously overrated on here. The chap was caught out twice yesterday, too square for the first and then failing to close down for the second. Wilson in yes, but not necessarily for Nyatanga. Its actually saying something when I believe we ought to bring back Carey alongside Wilson!!

The plan is, well, Steve L has had long enough in the hot seat to have a long term plan worked out, and it went like this. He pumped his money in to the club, manager after manager has largely spent it on shite and he has had enough, the current plan is quite rightly to stop ploughing money in and have a manager actually manage the team on a budget. This doesn't sit well with fans, but in my opinion it's about time.

I don't want Millen to go, I want him to get the structure of the club setup right from top to bottom, it means we loan, we coach better and we use our academy more, and when the time is right, we sell off our better players for profit.

Whilst I think that Lansdown has to carry the can if his money has been badly spent - I have no sympathy for him - I completely agree on getting the structure of the club right...

...but that is precisely why I think Millen has to go. He's been part of that structure for a very long time. We need someone with the profile and stature to tell Lansdown how a successful club should be run and the experience to see the changes through.

Having said that I rather doubt that Lansdown will appoint anyone who will tell him he's getting it wrong...

Archived