IGNORED

Time For A Deep Breath

I have returned from my hols and was obviously saddened to learn of our defeat, so I come on here to get some opinions on the match and anyone would think we were on the brink of relegation after 1 game.

What I can understand from stats, highlights and opinions on here is that the game was fairly even, but bad defending and hoofball cost us.

Big criticisms seem to be of Marv and Skuse being 2 uncreative players, as well as James and the defense.

So here goes

1. James had a howler, here's to 45 games before the next one.

2. Killkenny (from views on this forum played well)

3. Lapses in concentration for goals was the problem, not a lack of skill.

We still have big players in Albert and Nicky, i'm confident that James wont do that again for a while and the defence will be improved between now and september 1st

Lets get behind em tomorrow but lets all chill out

QPR lost their first game last year, as did Norwich and Swansea. All lost on day 1 last season.

Preston NE won 1st game last year, as did S****horpe, whilst Sheff UTD drew

In other words, losing on day 1 is fine, we'll see after 11 games how things have gone.

Get down there tomorrow and knock Di Caneo off his horse COYR

Thing is, your generalising and comparisons don't hold water under scrutiny. QPR, Norwich and Swansea may well all have lost their first game, but did they do with the look of a team in deep shit? I doubt it having seen all of them play several times last season.

The two points you mention about bad defending and hoofball can't just be mentioned and then cast aside in the next breath as nothing much to worry about. It's what we all saw last season for vast swathes of it. It wasn't anything surprising to most of us, and how do we change things with the same squad? A squad that isn't good enough.

You say you're hopeful of a defender before the window shuts? Well, Keef ruled it out in his post-match interview unless we sell someone or some people. As far as I can tell that's as far away as ever and time is running out.

Little micro comparisons don't stand up against the broader picture unfortunately.

I have returned from my hols and was obviously saddened to learn of our defeat, so I come on here to get some opinions on the match and anyone would think we were on the brink

Lets get behind em tomorrow but lets all chill out

QPR didn't lose in their first 19 league matches and won 4-0 on first day of last season .

makes no sense you telling others to chill when you didn't even go on Saturday.

Maybe you'd feel differently if you had to endure what the rest of us did

On Saturday. If you'd of seen it you'd know it ain't a blip . There are fundamental problems and issues with the squad and mangement of the team.

Until these are addressed we can expect more humiliation and heavy losses.

QPR didn't lose in their first 19 league matches and won 4-0 on first day of last season .

makes no sense you telling others to chill when you didn't even go on Saturday.

Maybe you'd feel differently if you had to endure what the rest of us did

On Saturday. If you'd of seen it you'd know it ain't a blip . There are fundamental problems and issues with the squad and mangement of the team.

Until these are addressed we can expect more humiliation and heavy losses.

Yes I didn't go so can't make an informed judgement but you, on the basis of one game are already judging the team badly and writing them off. I'm sorry if it was worse than I thought but c'mon, it's only 1 game. and yes I got the qpr thing wrong, i looked at their results from last year.

Don't worry be happy :)

Yes I didn't go so can't make an informed judgement but you, on the basis of one game are already judging the team badly and writing them off. I'm sorry if it was worse than I thought but c'mon, it's only 1 game. and yes I got the qpr thing wrong, i looked at their results from last year.

Don't worry be happy :)

So we happy clap our way to relegation this was an accident waiting to happen its not 1 game the overall reasons have been clear for the past few seasons how the hell is McCallister still getting in the team,the defence is apalling to say the least once the rot sets in defeat becomes a habit ....... Ipswich Town were not surprise winners as a lot of fans saw Chopra getting at least 1 goal the time for a reaction is now not wait for the maybe it will get better from last season approach, the club seems to be going backwards selling Henderson and playing David James made little sense after his season at Yeovil Town yet Carey gets another contract when money is running out and there is no room for replacement players...

Archived