IGNORED

James Wilson

ciderwithtommy

I wouldn't take that as meaning he's leaving but he looked so assured against West Brom that it would be criminal if the club let him go now. In my opinion he should have started on Saturday ahead of Nyatanga (or McAllister with Tangs playing left back)

If Millen doesn't think he's ready to play centrally then personally I would have like to see him play at right back, from seeing him play for both the 18's a few times and in his couple of appearances in the senior side I think he would be good there. He's tall, quick, strong and comfortable on the ball. A season there would allow him to get use to this level without having the pressure of playing in the middle. I'd much rather we develop our own youngsters than pay a club like West Ham to develop one of theirs.

it is rather strange indeed, nothing from the club about his exclusion on saturday.

James and Ryan Taylor came into the matchday restaurant to do a few Q&As just before 2pm on Saturday, he sounded a bit aggrieved not to be in the squad (as I would be if I were him) but nonetheless keen to push on and cement a place. Came across as a very determined, focussed young man and I hope we see him develop at BCFC as opposed to elsewhere.

Yep I was shocked he didn't start on Saturday. Against West brom he was pinging 40 yards passes all over the place, he was strong and anticipated and cut out a lot of through balls surely we should blood him now. Nyatanga is an average at best decent defender but loses possession all the time. He's not going to improve whereas Wilson to my mind already looks better than him.

it does surprise he wasn't in the 16.

Behind Carey in the pecking order....fair enough....behind Nyatanga?????? WTF?

hopefully that won't last.

To be fair, with only 5 subs it makes sense to have the more experienced player on the bench

Still worrying he's disappeared from the squad list- he was no 18 before. He has to start tomorrow if there's nothing up

Archived