IGNORED

Judicial Review

Bobby kellard hero

I heard their spokesman on radio bristol - tried to dismiss everything that had gone before... e.g. the mediation because nobody knew what went on apart from those present and he wasn't present.

The only thing he appeared to cling to was an alleged commitment by the council to abide by the inspector's "decision" despite having it pointed out several times to him that it was a recommendation. And apparently this is only between this new group (who will probably be made up of the same people as the old groups) and the council. Again according to their spokesman, it's not even anything to do with the landowner! Their other complaint appeared to be that despite a hand-delivered letter on Friday they haven't had a response yet(!)

This is purely anti-stadium - if it was pro-village green then they would have been happy with the decision. I hope that a judge throws it out rapidly. Their spokesman really didn't do himself any favours on the radio - lets hope the person presenting their case does a similar standard of presentation.

Does anybody know if both sides get presented to the judge? Or do they get to present their biased drivel without any response? If that is the case then I fear that the review could get granted after all....

• SC&T Board Members

Just listened to Radio Bristol 11am news: no mention of this. Nothing on online either on 'This is Bristol' or the BBC's 'Bristol' pages.

Could what was heard earlier just have been a member of the group voicing their own personal opinions and not in fact confirmation that they intended to apply for a judicial review?

Just listened to Radio Bristol 11am news: no mention of this. Nothing on online either on 'This is Bristol' or the BBC's 'Bristol' pages.

Could what was heard earlier just have been a member of the group voicing their own personal opinions and not in fact confirmation that they intended to apply for a judicial review?

I've read a few things on twitter seemingly confirming it.

I heard their spokesman on radio bristol - tried to dismiss everything that had gone before... e.g. the mediation because nobody knew what went on apart from those present and he wasn't present.

The only thing he appeared to cling to was an alleged commitment by the council to abide by the inspector's "decision" despite having it pointed out several times to him that it was a recommendation. And apparently this is only between this new group (who will probably be made up of the same people as the old groups) and the council. Again according to their spokesman, it's not even anything to do with the landowner! Their other complaint appeared to be that despite a hand-delivered letter on Friday they haven't had a response yet(!)

This is purely anti-stadium - if it was pro-village green then they would have been happy with the decision. I hope that a judge throws it out rapidly. Their spokesman really didn't do himself any favours on the radio - lets hope the person presenting their case does a similar standard of presentation.

Does anybody know if both sides get presented to the judge? Or do they get to present their biased drivel without any response? If that is the case then I fear that the review could get granted after all....

The bloke on the radio came over as a complete retard. He seemed to hae no understanding of the issues. He crumbled over some moderate questions from Steve Le Fevre, it really does make me so sad that a horrible small minority of selfish buffoons are spoiling a wonderful opportunity for so many people.

TBH, they need to prove, without doubt, that the legal process was flawed in some way. Everyone knows the score, panic not.

PDG

Would love to agree with you PDG.

However, as a result of events over the last year or so I now have the feeling that, as far as Bristol City is concerned, if anything can go t1ts up, you can bet your bl00dy life it will!

Ive read this morning that the cause given for riots in London was youngsters losing their youth club. Sods law they will discover that Bristol riots were set off because of people losing their village green!!

Would love to agree with you PDG.

However, as a result of events over the last year or so I now have the feeling that, as far as Bristol City is concerned, if anything can go t1ts up, you can bet your bl00dy life it will!

Ive read this morning that the cause given for riots in London was youngsters losing their youth club. Sods law they will discover that Bristol riots were set off because of people losing their village green!!

I know you are joking - but they did actually get a "village green"

Doubtful, that would happen at the review itself I should have thought. He may order a copy of the case files though to see what has gone before. I may well be very wide of the mark though.

Remember though, that we are not involved in the JR and are not either side. The other side are the council, as theirs is the decision being challenged here, not our application, so we technically have no rights in any hearing. The council have to defend their decision if the JR is granted.

Have just listened to this and am fairly sure this is only bluster. They have only handed in a letter to the council saying that they would like to challenge in the hope that they will force a change of mind.. If the Council are confident in their process and stand by their decision then the TVG lot then have a big decision to make, and if they go for a JR then that's the time for a serious financial commitment. (BTW, if the council don't stand by their decision then it could only be that they suspect their own process, and if the admit that a JR from SteveL, who actually does have money, will be nailed on).

All now depends on the council response, methinks.

If BCC hold fast then expect this to go no further - looks like the final act of desperation to me ...

• SC&T Board Members

Have just listened to this and am fairly sure this is only bluster. They have only handed in a letter to the council saying that they would like to challenge in the hope that they will force a change of mind.. If the Council are confident in their process and stand by their decision then the TVG lot then have a big decision to make, and if they go for a JR then that's the time for a serious financial commitment. (BTW, if the council don't stand by their decision then it could only be that they suspect their own process, and if the admit that a JR from SteveL, who actually does have money, will be nailed on).

All now depends on the council response, methinks.

If BCC hold fast then expect this to go no further - looks like the final act of desperation to me ...

Just listened to this also. As this guy says he was not part of the mediation process, it does not sound as though he speaks for the village green applicant group. I think Radio Bristol may have got the wrong end of the stick here (which may explain why they have not followed up with any further reports).

So who was at the mediation talks on the TVG side?, it is obvious that this Peter Crispen bloke is not part of the TVG applicants campaign as he would have been there......unless they didn't want him there.

I can't see how they can argue a case when they have been given exactly what they wanted, just a little smaller.

BCAGFC

Can someone tell me exactly where I can find this on iPlayer?

Lazy boy, google bbc iplayer radio bristol,

click on result,

click on today's tab (Tuesday) 6.30 am show,

press play,

skip to 51 minutes and plug your earphones in.

Post link here afterwards.

• SC&T Board Members

Can someone tell me exactly where I can find this on iPlayer?

Go to BBC iPlayer > Radio > Local Radio > Select Radio Bristol > Today > Breakfast Show ... and then, as mentioned above, move the slider forward to about 51 minutes into the programme.

Archived