IGNORED

Ipswich Result

beaverface

Has Gary some defenders he can loan us?

Christ...any more defenders and we will be able to line up 1- 8 - 2 formation.

From what I saw Saturday we need someone to convert the Chances we made...

Too many Defenders is negative negative negative and you deserve to get wooped trying to defend at Home (or away)....IMO

As Bill shankley said once..."As long as we concede one less than we score we will win the game." Granted he had some good defenders but they were just as good coming forward.

Christ...any more defenders and we will be able to line up 1- 8 - 2 formation.

From what I saw Saturday we need someone to convert the Chances we made...

Too many Defenders is negative negative negative and you deserve to get wooped trying to defend at Home (or away)....IMO

As Bill shankley said once..."As long as we concede one less than we score we will win the game." Granted he had some good defenders but they were just as good coming forward.

Aye thats very true. If the midfield and strikers retain possession then who needs defenders? This is why I think 3-5-2 is a great formation for us. Its rule number 1 in the coaching handbook that you pick your 11 best players then find positions for them. I hate 4-4-2, why do we need 4 defenders? I think Fonts Wilson and Jord could forge a great understanding in def, and James commanding them, because we should use his experience. James does not know what the **** is going on in front of him, hes 40 ffs not 16 and should not have to be second guessing his team mates and chasing down their mistakes. Sort it out Johnson!

I personally think we're missing a leader at the back and have been for a long time.

Was really expecting great leadership from David James, but he's failed to deliver (in more ways than one)

I wish Carey would stop getting old, hope he realizes the damage its causing :disapointed2se:

I think quite rightly we all had massive expectations from James, albeit misguidedly. What we expect and what is reality are usually poles apart. Need to factor that in.

Use him to his strengths and use his experience. No point asking the impossible of him.

Aye thats very true. If the midfield and strikers retain possession then who needs defenders? This is why I think 3-5-2 is a great formation for us. Its rule number 1 in the coaching handbook that you pick your 11 best players then find positions for them. I hate 4-4-2, why do we need 4 defenders? I think Fonts Wilson and Jord could forge a great understanding in def, and James commanding them, because we should use his experience. James does not know what the **** is going on in front of him, hes 40 ffs not 16 and should not have to be second guessing his team mates and chasing down their mistakes. Sort it out Johnson!

Disagree. England have been trying that for years and it hasn't worked. Pick the formation and then the best player for each position. I'm a fan of Pitman but don't want to see him stuck out on the left , it's up front or nothing for me. The same as England trying to play Gerrard on the left , yes he's a great player but not a natural in that position. I agree about the 3-5-2 formation though and I would give it a go if we had wide players with the discipline to get forward and back , not sure we have though.

Disagree. England have been trying that for years and it hasn't worked. Pick the formation and then the best player for each position. I'm a fan of Pitman but don't want to see him stuck out on the left , it's up front or nothing for me. The same as England trying to play Gerrard on the left , yes he's a great player but not a natural in that position. I agree about the 3-5-2 formation though and I would give it a go if we had wide players with the discipline to get forward and back , not sure we have though.

So if you knew your best 11 you would not pick it? If I was the chairman and I knew the manager had not picked his best 11 for a competitive game I would sack him on the spot. No question.

Of course th best 11 changes every day depending on whatever you think, you are the manager after all and will be judged on the pitch.... Its the players who play the game, not the gaffer, his job is to just manage the players, and keep therm happy, that is it.

So if you knew your best 11 you would not pick it? If I was the chairman and I knew the manager had not picked his best 11 for a competitive game I would sack him on the spot. No question.

Of course th best 11 changes every day depending on whatever you think, you are the manager after all and will be judged on the pitch.... Its the players who play the game, not the gaffer, his job is to just manage the players, and keep therm happy, that is it.

The best 11 players? Not necessarily no , for example our best 4 attacking players are Maynard , Pitman , Adomah and Stead. Can all 4 be on the pitch at the same time in a workable and fluid formation? I personally dont think so as either Pitman or Stead would have to play from the left and it's not their best postion.

For me its all about round pegs in round holes. Woolford should be given a chance on the left as he is the only viable left footed option. (in a 4-4-2 of course)

Who do you think are our best 11 players and how would you mould those players into a system that works? Not trying to be funny here but genuinley interested to know.

Archived