IGNORED

City V Cardiff

Guest WillRobin

Guest WillRobin

Sorry if it's already been created or if it's too early but we've got Cardiff on Sunday. Hoping for a win but I'd be very happy with a draw.

Predictions? What's the team going to be?

Just general pre-match discussion :)

Guest WillRobin

I don't see us getting a draw really. Cardiff looked pretty dominant against West Ham and we looked like one of the poorest sides in the Championship on Saturday. :disapointed2se:

I don't see us getting a draw really. Cardiff looked pretty dominant against West Ham and we looked like one of the poorest sides in the Championship on Saturday. :disapointed2se:

We were a bit of a Jekyll and Hyde team last year mind, we COULD put in good performances on occasions. Consistency has been a problem of ours for a while.

I don't think Cardiff looked that good at all. The worry is that with the strikers they have, they don't need many chances to get a goal and we seem to be set on giving teams chances on the evidence of last week!

I'd like to see Wilson come in for Nyatanga, Killa for Skuse and Woolford for JCR

Guest WillRobin

I don't think Cardiff looked that good at all.

They looked much better than Ipswich but I guess the game against Ipswich was pretty even, it was just silly mistakes that cost us. I'm probably over-rating Cardiff, I hope I am and I hope that KM will put out a determined side on Sunday. If we get a point, I will be very pleased. :fingerscrossed:

Well that's a load of crap really isn't it?

Three rare individual errors clouded over what was a pretty firm defensive performance. Ipswich didn't create any chances for themselves and without the helping hand of three lapses they wouldn't have scored.

Mistakes don't happen every week, certainly not at the level of last week.

Good point slopey defending, Cardiff, Leicester next if like the madness of last season we will get four points from these games without a Caulker type player i worry is Wilson to young to throw in the deep end i beleive not, give him four games on the trot we will see then, he can be another Caulker but what do i know the coaching staff aren't of the opion.

Three rare individual errors clouded over what was a pretty firm defensive performance. Ipswich didn't create any chances for themselves and without the helping hand of three lapses they wouldn't have scored.

So what your saying is, our defence made three mistakes and gave them three chances? Which is what i said. So your agreeing with me? So why is it a 'load of crap' then?

Funny, I thought West Ham looked pretty dominant against Cardiff! Cardiff stole it at the end (with, I'm sure OTIB noted, a bad mistake by an ex-England goalie).

I didn't think Cardiff attack was up to much until that Gestede came on. Hopefully, Mackay hasn't bothered scouting us and will leave Gestede out.

I have started prefacing my comments with I support and continue to support KM now, however even I feel that criticism is due regarding saturday's team selection!

However with that stated I feel there will be some kind of backlash and a few changes, giving one or two of the hungry guys not selected for Saturday's debacle a go, particularly at cardiff where our support would be limited but viciferous and vocal.

My team if I were KM (and evryone is fit and available) for this game would be

David James had a poor game on Saturday, however I would start him (I would have started Gerkin against Swindle) as the guy himself knows he owes us a performance

Spence is a no brainer

Fontaine

Carey for his experience in this kind of atmosphere, yes I dont expect him to play too many this season but this early against this side he is the best option!

McAlister

Adomah Also no brainer, however after being awol for much of the game against Ipswich he owes us a performance too

Killkenny...Why oh why was he not in the team on Saturday

Elliott

Left Midfield is the problem position, however I would play Bolaise...Big atmosphere big game I suspect would be taylor made for a performance from him (Woolford should be on the bench)

Stead

Maynard. I think this is our most potent looking pairing, however I hope that the other two out & out strikers really start applying the pressure soon

My Bench would be Gerkin, Woolford, Wilson, Pitman and Cissee/Clarkson (I would consider Clarkson for the 16 as he has the ability to play behind strikers if we need to alter the play somewhat)

Wide players are great if you play target man "lump up front" who can bully the centre halfs to the ball.. Maynard is an off the shoulder player with a great turn of pace. We really miss Hartley who exploited this advantage over and over again

If we are to get the best from Maynard we need that type of player INFRONT of Elliot and Skuse, is the Aussie up to it? I hope so.

I know it dont go down too well, but Maynard up front on his own is our best option.

---------------------------Jamo--------------------------

--------Jord-----Fonts-----Tanga-----Macca--------

-------------------Skuuuse----Marv--------------------

--------------------------Aussie-----------------------------

---Adomah----------------------------------------Woolford---

----------------------Lord Maynard----------------------------

It will work, but requires a lot from Adomah and Woolford to track the opo's wide players. Just retain possession, WTF is the point in giving the ball away???

I can see us starting with exactly the same team that started against Ipswich, the reasoning being that the players are being given a chance to put things right.

Kilkenny will remain on the bench, with Keith saying that he had a tough International match in midweek.

City will go on to provide lots of huff, puff and endeavour, but ultimately we'll let in another unlucky goal by way of a bad reffing decision or somebody slips at a vital moment.

Keith will be happy with the effort, but disappointed with the result, but they'll watch the DVD, learn from it, and then move on to the next game.

Reading what I've just written makes me sound so cynical, and yet I've got my ticket in the hope that we'll win the game over there, but unfortunately I just can't see it!

I can see us starting with exactly the same team that started against Ipswich, the reasoning being that the players are being given a chance to put things right.

Kilkenny will remain on the bench, with Keith saying that he had a tough International match in midweek.

City will go on to provide lots of huff, puff and endeavour, but ultimately we'll let in another unlucky goal by way of a bad reffing decision or somebody slips at a vital moment.

Keith will be happy with the effort, but disappointed with the result, but they'll watch the DVD, learn from it, and then move on to the next game.

Reading what I've just written makes me sound so cynical, and yet I've got my ticket in the hope that we'll win the game over there, but unfortunately I just can't see it!

Not at all cynical at all, but If I approached it with a cynical mindset I would see it cynically.

Anyways, I agree about starting with the same 11 baring injuries. We played out best football last season when we left it unchanged. Every player needs to accept his position in the squad and just try to get in that 11. I don't think KM is the type of manager to rotate if he can help it. Know your best 11 and let the players you know your best 11.

Promising games to players then failing to deliver loses you the dressing room, then games, then you're job.

Exactly. They didn't have to work for any of their goals and it was not good play but our mistakes that let them in. If the same happens against a team with good strikers they will score. The original point was clearly a fine one.

1-1.

It will remind us football fans that the first game of the season doesn't mean much.

Im torn between a score draw and a narrow away win. Big part of me is saying we will turn you over at the ccs for the first time which makes the not going that little bit tougher to stomach.

Archived