IGNORED

Colin's Calculation

fka dagest

Colin,

I imagine you're capable of considering this rough calculation:

Which will make the club worse off?

A - Sack Keith and co and appoint a new man (Dave Jones, Billy Davies for example) with some money to save our season, Championship status, current stadium plans etc

B - Back Keith and accept the financial implications of relegation ie. smaller attendances, less TV money, less advertising etc not to mention negating all the effort put in over past years to make us an established Championship club & possibly the stadium

Colin, the choice is yours, back or sack.

Actually spoke to Colin at the Open Day and one of his replies has suddenly got meaning. One of the questions I asked was is he looking forward to the new season. His reply was not expected when he said " i feel it could be a tough April/May" I thought nothing of it until today. Were the board preparing/expecting for a relagation battle.

Colin,

I imagine you're capable of considering this rough calculation:

Which will make the club worse off?

A - Sack Keith and co and appoint a new man (Dave Jones, Billy Davies for example) with some money to save our season, Championship status, current stadium plans etc

B - Back Keith and accept the financial implications of relegation ie. smaller attendances, less TV money, less advertising etc not to mention negating all the effort put in over past years to make us an established Championship club & possibly the stadium

Colin, the choice is yours, back or sack.

Why are supporters so keen to put forward Jones and Davies as potential saviours of our club......take a look at their records and the sell/buy figures of their times at former clubs. They are not some miracle workers, but Merry-Go-Round football managers picking up nice compensation when they are eventually sacked..........for failing. We either stick with Millen or find a young manager with potential, contacts and some luck. We either do our research and find someone like this or stick with Millen, and possibly get him some help with a decent defensive coach. This misguided assumption that a Jones or a Davies are suddenly going to spirit us up the table with a wave of their magic wands........is more desperate than Nicky Hunts positional play!!

Why are supporters so keen to put forward Jones and Davies as potential saviours of our club......take a look at their records and the sell/buy figures of their times at former clubs. They are not some miracle workers, but Merry-Go-Round football managers picking up nice compensation when they are eventually sacked..........for failing. We either stick with Millen or find a young manager with potential, contacts and some luck. We either do our research and find someone like this or stick with Millen, and possibly get him some help with a decent defensive coach. This misguided assumption that a Jones or a Davies are suddenly going to spirit us up the table with a wave of their magic wands........is more desperate than Nicky Hunts positional play!!

I thought KM was a decent defensive coach, wasn't that meant to be one of his strengths?dunno.gif

Jones and Davies may not be perfect - what manager has a perfect CV? - but both have experienced success in the Championship and guided clubs to promotion to the PL,

We're not looking for promotion for many years anyway, we desperately need someone to shake the dressing room out of it's complacency, get some battlers out on the pitch, and keep us in this division.

If either came to AG they'd have to take the job in full awareness of the financial situation and be willing to work within those restrictions.

Under those circumstances I'd be reasonably happy with Dave Jones, not so keen on Davies, but either taking the helm at AG would surely give us more reason for hope than we have at the moment.

The other option would be someone like Tisdale but it would be a real pressure job for a young manager to take in our current predicament.

Actually spoke to Colin at the Open Day and one of his replies has suddenly got meaning. One of the questions I asked was is he looking forward to the new season. His reply was not expected when he said " i feel it could be a tough April/May" I thought nothing of it until today. Were the board preparing/expecting for a relagation battle.

I'd be happy if it went to April/May !

Archived