IGNORED

Anyone Else Genuinely Concerned Now?

For the first time since we came up, i am genuinely worried for our survival.

The simple reason is that there are no excuses anymore. I have always blamed injuries, off the field changes, bedding in time, etc., but i sit here now and do not know what is going to change and it frightens me.

Apparently we cannot afford new players and we cant ship the dross we have.

The manager doesnt know what he is doing. I would love for him to come out and explain the system we play, but we have not got one. We react to how other teams play and most of our squad is so sub standard (5 are great) that we will always get tonked by better organised teams who play with a settled system and on average a better 11.

I have no idea what Steve´s plans are but i hope they allow for relegation this year.

I could type a lot of bile right now as i am p1ssed off, angry and upset, but it won´t achieve anything.

Chin up!

For the first time since we came up, i am genuinely worried for our survival.

The simple reason is that there are no excuses anymore. I have always blamed injuries, off the field changes, bedding in time, etc., but i sit here now and do not know what is going to change and it frightens me.

Apparently we cannot afford new players and we cant ship the dross we have.

The manager doesnt know what he is doing. I would love for him to come out and explain the system we play, but we have not got one. We react to how other teams play and most of our squad is so sub standard (5 are great) that we will always get tonked by better organised teams who play with a settled system and on average a better 11.

I have no idea what Steve´s plans are but i hope they allow for relegation this year.

I could type a lot of bile right now as i am p1ssed off, angry and upset, but it won´t achieve anything.

Chin up!

Been genuinly concerned for nearly a year now mate, just do not see any hope under Millen. At least when i used to go down and watch Johnson's side i always felt their was some fight in the team, even when the backs were against the wall (The Wolves televised match, Birmingham at home and a few others), but i have no feeling that this team are being motivated, and it is looking like a long hard season already.

But hey ho what do i know, some i believe on here think Millen should be given at least another 18 months!!!

Sure I am worried -- having supported City for over 50 years the writing is on the wall -- and whilst not excited by KM do not blame him necessarily. not sure why we have not strengthened our defence -- allegedly not for want of trying.

Many players still on the books were given contracts beyond their abilities. True enought they kept us up but more by huff and puff than the skill strength and effort that is required in the Championship. Time has now caught up on us and we have been found wanting. yes we do have some very good players BUT we also have far too many patently not good enough, they are seeing out their contracts and cannot be good for the morale of the rest of the squad. they are also blocking us getting new players in.

we also have the james debacle -- he has cost us and must have it in his contract that if fit he plays and we have lost a gk that i felt has a great a future in the the game.

Yes KM has been with us through all this -- but many of the problems are not his alone and it is a little unfair to heap all the blame on him -- there are a number of people past and present, who have contributed to this situation. sadly i cannot see a way out other than going to d1 -- getting rid of all the dross and building up again. it does make for a depressing 9 months ahead though.......but... we may get another Steve caulker (who I believe kept us up almost single handed last year -- again another issue which blinded us to the reality of our squad) and suddenly the players around and in front have the pressure taken off them and are able to play again with some little confidence. It is clear at present that the players do not expect to win but hope for the best. They deserve better support from the back.

Even in our terrible start last season, I had faith Keith would turn it around. Right now I feel much more worried about relegation than at any point last season.

Rightly or wrongly KM had the Coppell fiasco all of last season as an excuse. Many of us who questioned that view anded up giving KM the benefit of the doubt. However, one year later, as Keith himself said, there are now 'no excuses'.

This season we have been badly beaten by two sides which have been reassembled in the course of a summer. Ketih has spent over a million on a side over the course of a season which looks significantly worse than the one left behind by Gary Johnson.

It aint good enough.

Rightly or wrongly KM had the Coppell fiasco all of last season as an excuse. Many of us who questioned that view anded up giving KM the benefit of the doubt. However, one year later, as Keith himself said, there are now 'no excuses'.

This season we have been badly beaten by two sides which have been reassembled in the course of a summer. Ketih has spent over a million on a side over the course of a season which looks significantly worse than the one left behind by Gary Johnson.

It aint good enough.

2 sides who have been reassembled over the summer, spending a hell of a lot more than Keith has whilst he's been here.

I agree, things are nowhere near good enough, but I expected two heavy defeats from these first two games and expect another away at Leicester. This season has given us our toughest start since we've been back in this division. However, I do expect the players to turn it around, as they are good enough to be midtable. The manager, however, may not be.

It's going to be a long, hard season - but you can't compare us to the likes of Ipswich and Cardiff, both have spent far more in wages and fees than we can currently dream of.

Colin summed it up today, the financial fair play rules have to be considered now as the final year of many contracts will be when the system starts to be enforced. We are planning ahead, and not overstretching by offering to much to players like Andrew Taylor.

Fans have to get behind the team and club to get us out of this. I do feel that Colin should make a clear statement that Millen is his man and back him with the loan signing of someone like Boyata. We must improve our defence, immediately and the loan market is the only option to us.

2 sides who have been reassembled over the summer, spending a hell of a lot more than Keith has whilst he's been here.

I agree, things are nowhere near good enough, but I expected two heavy defeats from these first two games and expect another away at Leicester. This season has given us our toughest start since we've been back in this division. However, I do expect the players to turn it around, as they are good enough to be midtable. The manager, however, may not be.

It's going to be a long, hard season - but you can't compare us to the likes of Ipswich and Cardiff, both have spent far more in wages and fees than we can currently dream of.

Colin summed it up today, the financial fair play rules have to be considered now as the final year of many contracts will be when the system starts to be enforced. We are planning ahead, and not overstretching by offering to much to players like Andrew Taylor.

Fans have to get behind the team and club to get us out of this. I do feel that Colin should make a clear statement that Millen is his man and back him with the loan signing of someone like Boyata. We must improve our defence, immediately and the loan market is the only option to us.

Good point about the start. Ipswich, Cardiff and Leicester are all likely to feature in the play offs at least. Portsmouth Saturday really is a "must win". If KM can get it then, he deserves more time i think.

Yes, very concerned, and whilst there will be a lot of very sensible posts saying we are only two games in to the season lets be absolutely clear that there are always teams that run away with the title there are also teams that have relegation written all over them from day 1.

At the moment our goal difference is already worth a lost point and even if we had team of Maynards we would be unlikely to make substantial inroads to that.

If the decision is made to release a thoroughly decent bloke early enough from his contract we may well have a chance to survive, if not I like so many others fear the realistic worst . Nine years of wilderness in a high class Premier League standard stadium. I am not one of those that subscribes to the "sometimes you have to go back to move forward brigade" we have as City supporters had a lifetime of that philosophy and with the exception of 76-80 been badly let down.

Mr Sexstone make a decision, albeit very difficult, release the man who has made absolutely no progress in 12 very long months

Archived