IGNORED

David James

EXETER RED

Another lacklustre Display today in my opinion by David James im afraid.

since he has decided to collect his pension money at our club, I have yet to see him really and consisentley show true passion and commitment for the shirt on his back.

I believe that the defence who ever is in front of him have no faith in him. he does not communicate with them through out the game, or them with him.

I see this as a major flaw with our club at the moment, and a possible reason why the team head drops when the opposistion scores, its as though they were just waiting for it to happen. no matter what his age, he should have the experiance to put his self in the correct positions in the box for the majority of crosses and shots. He seems to be ill at ease and with no great confidence to speak of.

He has admited that he really did not choose to come to us, it was more of right phone call at the wrong time,

We have a good front line, average midfield and the defence should be good, the common denominater is always David James.

I would at the very least like to drop him for at least six games and try to get the back five into a coherant unit with confidence,

I fear for the club at the minute and after only two games, think that we could all be in for a painfull season.

Another lacklustre Display today in my opinion by David James im afraid.

since he has decided to collect his pension money at our club, I have yet to see him really and consisentley show true passion and commitment for the shirt on his back.

I believe that the defence who ever is in front of him have no faith in him. he does not communicate with them through out the game, or them with him.

I see this as a major flaw with our club at the moment, and a possible reason why the team head drops when the opposistion scores, its as though they were just waiting for it to happen. no matter what his age, he should have the experiance to put his self in the correct positions in the box for the majority of crosses and shots. He seems to be ill at ease and with no great confidence to speak of.

He has admited that he really did not choose to come to us, it was more of right phone call at the wrong time,

We have a good front line, average midfield and the defence should be good, the common denominater is always David James.

I would at the very least like to drop him for at least six games and try to get the back five into a coherant unit with confidence,

I fear for the club at the minute and after only two games, think that we could all be in for a painfull season.

+1

Before we ship James out we need to fire out the so-called back four. They have little or no understanding between them and with any combination of defenders we have at the club we over expose our keeper. Perhaps we should "Rest" James for a few games and put in Dean Gerken just to see wether the anti David James lobby are justified or, as I believe are talking nonsense.

Crap and crap.....why make up such utter garbage

Watch David James throughout his career, he's behaving no differently now on the field to when he did in his prime

As for today, was he actually to blame foe goals??? No

Crap and crap, Did you see his position for the first two goals ?

Did you see the first two ipswich goals ?

Did you watch him last season scurrying around the box, and quite often bringing down the player, and therefore giving away penalties.

if you did I welome a reasoned debate with you on this subject my friend,

i post very little on heredue to some of the character demolitions on some posters opinions.

I also hope it shows you how strong my view is that I was compelled to voice myconcerns.

Crap and crap, Did you see his position for the first two goals ?

Did you see the first two ipswich goals ?

Did you watch him last season scurrying around the box, and quite often bringing down the player, and therefore giving away penalties.

if you did I welome a reasoned debate with you on this subject my friend,

i post very little on heredue to some of the character demolitions on some posters opinions.

I also hope it shows you how strong my view is that I was compelled to voice myconcerns.

I personally don't think the first today was his doing, more to do with Elliot letting his man go and passing responsibility. Alot of our players seem to do that. The second I can't remember to be honest and the 3rd was down to outfield players not anticipating the loose ball in the box and reacting instead. Against Ipswich, Fontaine and Spence were caught too square by one ball, an the second, Fontaine backtracked for 15 yards giving Martin the opportunity to score past James. So I'd be questioning both Skuse and Fontaine rather than James. The third was his fault for me, JCR may well of fed him a hospital ball but James still had time to lace it into the crowd and give a rollicking to JCR. I'm unsure how many penalties he gave away last year so can't comment on that, but I would be interested to know how many pens he actually gave away?

Sorry, I don't do this lightly........ but! :disapointed2se:

What a load of absolute bollocks! If he had a defense in front of him it would help! ... and the pure, chemically-induced bullshit about his training...... get out now and again, breath some fresh air...... and relax...... :fastasleep:

A dude i work with has a fair few football links even though he's a Rovers fan by trade, i wouldn't know him to tell a lie.

in other words bull shit,

You could put 3 goalkeepers in and we'd concide because of millens shit tactics and and him having to play his faverates at the back

Any other keeper would be dropped now at least 3 goals already this season down to James - poor again today

Thought 1st goal was down to James - 40 odd internationals - should command his area.

2nd goal was down to Wilson giving the ball away although apart from that was one of our best players.

3rd goal was also a defensive error on the left.

It would be to easy just to blame the defence, up front in the first half we were never going to hold the ball up without Stead,

midfield struggled and were overrun, not tracking back

we have to question if Millen is up to the job?

2 average teams have now beaten us due to our own mistakes

not good enough, rant over, things can only get better!

first goal he missed the punch and ball hit him in the face but least it cleared box but the ball came straight back in and bloke heads in from 5 yards. Watch the players reaction and see if they didnt think it was his fault!!!

how hard was third goal when he spilled it to earnshaw???

can anyone actually remember him making a save cus I can't.

bloke is a joke and not interested in the past just what he does for my football club in the present

Just watched the highlights expecting to see some mistakes from James, but NONE of them was his fault!!

I get the feeling David James is the new Lee Johnson?

Watch it again. Elliott let his man go for the first but the ball was in the air a long time and he could/should of come for it. He was very slow going down for the second, although obviously Wilson gave the ball away in the build up to it. The third was just a ******* shambles all round.

Watch it again. Elliott let his man go for the first but the ball was in the air a long time and he could/should of come for it. He was very slow going down for the second, although obviously Wilson gave the ball away in the build up to it. The third was just a ******* shambles all round.

Sorry but the first goal is Elliotts fault - cant just lose your man like that.

Before we ship James out we need to fire out the so-called back four. They have little or no understanding between them and with any combination of defenders we have at the club we over expose our keeper. Perhaps we should "Rest" James for a few games and put in Dean Gerken just to see wether the anti David James lobby are justified or, as I believe are talking nonsense.

I agree with you because our back 4 were no better than mediocre prior to Steve Caulker and they're worse than mediocre now Steve Caulker has gone. David James is left dangerously exposed due to this fact but David James is no spring chicken and maybe it's time to bring Dean Gerken back. I reckon the club need to spend a few £million on a decent pair of central defenders because even with 44 games left I and many others don't rate our chances of staying up on the ability of our current defensive personnel.

in other words bull shit,

You could put 3 goalkeepers in and we'd concide because of millens shit tactics and and him having to play his faverates at the back

Just been chatting with the guys where I work Stuart Naylor comes shopping here (I work in a supermarket). DJ walked up and said to him 'who the **** do you think you are, I'm Englands number one'.

David James one of the best keepers we have had for ages and people just want to slate him. Against Cardiff he couldn't be blamed at all:

Goal 1 Elliott let his man go terrible from Elliott

Goal 2 sloppy from Wilson guy then gets acres of room to shoot either side of goal

Goal 3 poor midfield tracking guy runs into box smashes shot James done well to save it and unlucky for it to go to their player.

As people have said this midfield is crap doesn't support the back 4 at all so teams are just walking through us. That's down to poor management and coaching.

People don't realize how lucky we are having Jamo. And I for one don't want crappy Gerken in.

Archived