IGNORED

The Real Reason It Went Wrong Today?

Donald

Seen a number of threads ranting and raving with a barely a single constructive comment,

But one thing Nobody has mentioned and has been overlooked

Maybe, just MAYBE......Cardiff are a much better side than us?

Just a thought.....

Seen a number of threads ranting and raving with a barely a single constructive comment,

Just a thought.....

of course they are better, that dosen't make it anywhere near acceptable, we have not improved and Millen has brought in players to balance an unbalanced squad and then dosen't play them ,but does play the failed pairing of Skuse and Elliott and playing 4-3-3 and for the second week no natural left sided winger/midfielder. The man is totally out of his depth.

We are still waiting for Woolford, Stewart, Cisse, Hunt and every other f...ing player to bed in, and yet Cardiff seem to be able to change manager, coaches and half a playing squad and still be completely dominant. F..k me Donald, where is the one constant in all this shambles?

We are still waiting for Woolford, Stewart, Cisse, Hunt and every other f...ing player to bed in, and yet Cardiff seem to be able to change manager, coaches and half a playing squad and still be completely dominant. F..k me Donald, where is the one constant in all this shambles?

That's what irritates me, must be breaking even with the Championship payouts or the chairman isn't too worried about where the money goes.

This +1

Donald come on!!!

Just a thought.....

No sh!t sherlock

Just a thought.....

Were you there today?

I am guessing not as it seems that although perfecty reasonable your post over looked the fact that Cardiff were pretty awful, we gifted them 3 goals trough a combination of awful defending and terrible tactics. The only thing that may keep teams like cardiff in the top half of the table are hideous defending and awful management. Unless we get some new defensive personal then we are as good as relegated, over reaction? Not after today.

Were you there today?

I am guessing not as it seems that although perfecty reasonable your post over looked the fact that Cardiff were pretty awful, we gifted them 3 goals trough a combination of awful defending and terrible tactics. The only thing that may keep teams like cardiff in the top half of the table are hideous defending and awful management. Unless we get some new defensive personal then we are as good as relegated, over reaction? Not after today.

You think Cardiff were awful? What game were you watching?!

Of course they were going to look a lot better considering our performance but I thought their attacking play was quality; especially down the left hand side. Andrew Taylor and Craig Conway have only just moved there but have formed a great partnership already and their overlapping and decision making was brilliant and left Adomah and Spence struggling in defence. Down the other sider McAllister didnt have a clue what to do against Don Cowie when he was running and him and McNaughton tried to overlap as well and it worked for them.

You look at our playmaker and their's: Neil Kilkenny and Peter Whittingham.

Both players were always looking to get on the ball to set up attacks but the difference today was PW actually did something with the ball and NK didnt. PW looked for a forward ball every time and looked to mount an attack with every pass he made and didnt go sideways or backwards unless he really needed to whereas NK never really opted for a forward ball and always went back or sideways in a Johnson-esque sort of way; when he did look for a forward ball it was always too long and a couple of foot above Pitman and Maynard who were towered over by Gerrard and Hudson.

James was constantly blaming others rather than taking some of the blame; two incidents in particularly being after one of the goals and going crazy at Marv and in the second half he over threw a ball for Woolford which McNaughton comfortably picked up and blamed Wooly. Spence was a bit dodgy today alongside a defence of Nyatanga and McAllister who were both AWFUL and Woolford was average when he replaced Macca and James Wilson was the only decent defender. Marv tried hard but his performance wasnt up to scratch as was Skuse and Kilkenny whereas Adomah/Campbell-Ryce had decent games. Maynard took his goal well but other than that not a lot, PITMAN IS NOT A LEFT WINGER ENOUGH SAID and we created more chances when Stead was on the pitch. As simple as that - we are a bang average side with no real quality.

Just a thought.....

I will say again, defeat to Cardiff might be pretty predictable. The issue is not simply results but the manner of defeats that echoes so much of last season. Disorganised, unforced errors, constant changing of formations and tactics, capitulation at the drop of a hat, not much sign of spirit or motivation. There is no sign that anything has improved (though imo there are unlikely to be unless we can sign at least 2 defenders and that isn't going to happen). Don't think we should be complacent and believe we will beat the less good teams since we are one of them. Giving away 3 soft goals a game means you are as likely to lose to Coventry as you are to Cardiff.:disapointed2se:

I wasn't there today but heard various parts of the game on Radio Bristol- kinda expected a 2 goal loss and lo and behold- in short, I agree that Cardiff are indeed a better side than us- they've finished above us for 3 seasons now.

But they have built a new club practically over the summer, how is it that they can have a new manager, new coaching staff and half a dozen new players in less than 3 months and get it right, when our setup has not changed and yet we look like everyone is meeting for the first time.

I'm sorry but the same tired excuses cannot be coming out of the club, the problem is the man in charge is not manager material, he is an assistant at best. This football club lacks strong leadership, we are a club that consistently gets it wrong because we are too frightened to upset a few of the old mates, Carey's new contract was wrong, Murray had a new one given to him when it was clear he was past it, Keith gets his job, Walshy etc etc etc.

The defence being cr@p is neither surprising or the biggest worry in my opinion; Millen know's its a major weakness and to be fair to the man, he has tried to address the issue and failed. What's really worrying is the team selection and tactics. If Keef wants to play a 4-3-3 thats fine, but why pick so many players out of position? The worst thing about it all is that the one place we have an embarrasment of riches is in wide players and yet he chooses to play Piman on the left. When, inevitable, he comes inside, you end up with Skuse or Killkenny covering the left side of the pitch so becoming an de facto left winger. If he must play that formation then pick the correct players; Bolasie should have been wide left and Woolford on the left hand side of midfield- horses for courses, even if he has to drop one of his pets. To be honest, with the personel we have i really can't see how he can look beyond a 4-4-2; we got 87 wingers on the books, use some of them! Up to this point i've been pretty sure that Millen would come good and we'd have a better than average season, even with our defence. I personally think he's one stupid team selection away from completely losing the fans

PS despite my strong opinions, i wasn't actually at the game (:surrender: ); does Wilson look like he's worth persevering with or was he just the best of a bad bunch? There seems to be mixed opinions about him

The defence being cr@p is neither surprising or the biggest worry in my opinion; Millen know's its a major weakness and to be fair to the man, he has tried to address the issue and failed. What's really worrying is the team selection and tactics. If Keef wants to play a 4-3-3 thats fine, but why pick so many players out of position? The worst thing about it all is that the one place we have an embarrasment of riches is in wide players and yet he chooses to play Piman on the left. When, inevitable, he comes inside, you end up with Skuse or Killkenny covering the left side of the pitch so becoming an de facto left winger. If he must play that formation then pick the correct players; Bolasie should have been wide left and Woolford on the left hand side of midfield- horses for courses, even if he has to drop one of his pets. To be honest, with the personel we have i really can't see how he can look beyond a 4-4-2; we got 87 wingers on the books, use some of them! Up to this point i've been pretty sure that Millen would come good and we'd have a better than average season, even with our defence. I personally think he's one stupid team selection away from completely losing the fans

PS despite my strong opinions, i wasn't actually at the game (:surrender: ); does Wilson look like he's worth persevering with or was he just the best of a bad bunch? There seems to be mixed opinions about him

And the more beguiling to me is that the team selection is made with Wigley presumably in consultation with Millen. Or does Wigley have absolutely nothing to do with it in which case what does he do apart from keep the players fit and help out with u21 contacts?

Worryingly, Keith says in the EP today that we had the right shape; despite 4-3-3 having repeatedly failed he seems intent on tinkering. Mind you he chops and changes formations so often it will probably be something else against Leicester.

Were you there today?

Obviously you werent either..:no:

New Manager required not new Players.

Just a thought.....

Your post is so ironic.

When I first read the title of the thread I thought hmmm...... what was the real reason we are so shit.

Then you dont give any reason. You just state the obvious that Cardiff are better than us....

Problem is, I suspect that the 22 other teams in this division are probabaly better than us - and that is down to Millen.

Just a thought.....

In order for it to be constructive perhaps you address the reasons why Cardiff are better than us? Being constructive means you address the issues, not remain blind to them, otherwise that's just blind faith.

Cardiff if anything are the nemesis to the Keith apologists - for well over a year we've been told that Keith needed time and that you can't turn around a broken situation and that the team needs to gel and that he needed close season.

And yet Cardiff (along with other teams last year) have managed to build a new team with a new manager in one summer and look how well they're doing. It's just highlighted the gulf in talent in management and of course funds and vision. Of course they've wasted huge amounts of cash to get no further than us, but at least they've consistently been higher than us.

I can understand loyalty to a manger who had a consistent track record of success and has the occasional blip. but what credentials has Keef really got? It's a massive gamble on an unproven manager in a very expensive league. Madness. It's like taking a bloke off the street and putting him in charge of your most valuable funds.

And yet people want to give him another year?

"ribs is the saviour!"

*snigger*

Dont be so stupid Katie...if he makes a comeback and hopefully he will.... it wont be for us...a Loan spell is in the pipeline followed by a free come May 2012. Unless we reconsider the offer that has already been made for him, which hopefully we will, which will allow both club and player to move on.

Were you there today?

That's so far off the mark its laughable.

Were you there today?

Now that is bitter :laughcont: You need a centre half badly indeed (missing Caulker imo) but we were far from awful.

But they have built a new club practically over the summer, how is it that they can have a new manager, new coaching staff and half a dozen new players in less than 3 months and get it right, when our setup has not changed and yet we look like everyone is meeting for the first time.

I'm sorry but the same tired excuses cannot be coming out of the club, the problem is the man in charge is not manager material, he is an assistant at best. This football club lacks strong leadership, we are a club that consistently gets it wrong because we are too frightened to upset a few of the old mates, Carey's new contract was wrong, Murray had a new one given to him when it was clear he was past it, Keith gets his job, Walshy etc etc etc.

Oh for sure, we have made mistakes, Murray new contract being a prime example. Sentimentality? Like you, I wonder if it's a bit on the cosy side at times. As for Cardiff, they have lost a number of players yes, but unlike us they signed some proven guys at this level- Taylor, Earnshaw and Miller to name 3, more proven than additions (Kilkenny apart) that we've made. Whether Millen is up to it remains to be seen but yeah it appears a bit cosy at times.

Just a thought.....

More to the point or my point is, it makes no real difference if this is the case or not........... most of us on here support Bristol City FC

Yes we get upset, yes we want our team to win or at least give it their best shot..... no we don't always get that but that is the game and we are not the only club in the world that is not firing on all 11 cylinders

We remember Cardiff City all too well and they have not always had much to shout about........ but for now they get their 15min of gobbin' off time......

Better than Bristol City.... No they beat us but they will never be better than us!

UP THE BRISTOL CITY!

Archived