IGNORED

Trying To Be Reasonably Positive, Are Their 3 Worse Teams Than Us?

MC Risk

That is a fair point, however given the limited finances, his priority should have been defence and not a striker who might not get a game all season and a left winger who is already behind the other left winger who can't even get a game.

Yes no argument there. I cant help but think that the signing of the lad from Rotherham was 'in case' Maynard left, which he still might!

It seems that KM wants his own side but plays an entire team that was purchased by someone else (almost). Up until now I have thought his signings were pretty good, but I am having second thoughts on the basis that he obviously lacks confidence in many of HIS players!

Nevertheless I would give him more time to turn it around as we may be able to off load one or two and bring one or two in....Particularly a Centre Back/leader!!

it will be interesting to see where Stewart, Johnson and Hunt end up.

What I'll find interesting IF Millen were to go is whether Hunt, Stewart and Cisse immediately re-enter first team contention.

With a new manager, clean slate, I would imagine Stewart and Cisse would definitely start. Hunt would clearly face stiff competition at right back from Spence, and would probably lose out, but dependent on just how proficient Spence is in the middle a new look back four could be;

Hunt..........Spence..........Stewart..........McAllister,

which, for me, looks a great deal stronger than;

Spence..........Nyatanga..........Fontaine..........McAllister.

Even excluding Hunt, keeping Spence at his preferred full back and lining Fontaine alongside Stewart just looks tougher. Stewart's a big frame and while he may lack in other areas is he really, or is the back four listed initially really, likely to do worse than what's currently on show.

Plonk Cisse infront of that and you inject a huge amount of physicality into what currently, regrettably, looks a little too yellow bellied.

Pre-season people talked of how Hunt was organising, instructing others around him and not playing too bad either. He hasn't covered himself in glory and Spence is now firmly blocking his path but I do wonder whether a new man coming in, seeing the players for the first time, would leave out any of the three mentioned, let alone all of them.

Glad you made this point. We are in a far better position than a lot of teams, with better players too. Encouragment for me!

I'm still wondering if we are in the top of clubs, not bottom 3. Anyways, we will be fine. A few wins under our belt, mid table by Dec with a vague poss at pushing for aplay off and i, like most will be happy.

Archived