IGNORED

Problem Is Midfield

Pete1975Legend

We just do not work at covering men in midfield. The gap between the midfield and defence is so far apart that opposition players just stroll into the space.

Maybe we need to get Cisse back in there in front of the back four with Elliot and Kilkenny In front of him so we reduce this space. Therefore not allowing are defense to be overran and stop balls coming into the box.

Pete, i agree the midfield is the problem. But the problem is are midfield has no shape? Against cardiff we were supposedly playing 4-3-3 yet thats 3 midfielders that are very simalar. As much as people would disagree with me, we need to play Reid or Johnson in the midfield.

Pete, i agree the midfield is the problem. But the problem is are midfield has no shape? Against cardiff we were supposedly playing 4-3-3 yet thats 3 midfielders that are very simalar. As much as people would disagree with me, we need to play Reid or Johnson in the midfield.

Ohhh you little tinker!!

I agree a lot of the issues are stemming from midfield. Not enough quality for this league so for me we have to got with 5 in there as a 352 but play with 2 wing backs that get fours for me that would be Spence and Woolford. The middle 3 would be Cisse, Killkenny and JCR! That's a good balance for me!

I agree a lot of the issues are stemming from midfield. Not enough quality for this league so for me we have to got with 5 in there as a 352 but play with 2 wing backs that get fours for me that would be Spence and Woolford. The middle 3 would be Cisse, Killkenny and JCR! That's a good balance for me!

I agree with that...but favourites would have to be dropped...I honestly think Millen has little to lose now so he should go for it.

We just do not work at covering men in midfield. The gap between the midfield and defence is so far apart that opposition players just stroll into the space.

Maybe we need to get Cisse back in there in front of the back four with Elliot and Kilkenny In front of him so we reduce this space. Therefore not allowing are defense to be overran and stop balls coming into the box.

Agree with the sentiment, i'd have either Skuse or Cisse sitting infront of the back four, with Kilkenny and Reid/JCR in front, with albert and wolly out wide and Pitman or Stead up front depending on the opposition.

The beauty of playing a 4-3-3 / 4-5-1 is that it should allow you to control possession and thus the game, as the midfield 3 should always have an extra man floating around so they can keep the ball until you either drag their wide midfielders in and create space down the flanks or suck the defence forward creating space in behind.

If you are going to play hoof ball then i can see a place for Elliot, but if you are actually going to attempt to retain possession then a man who couldn't pass his way out of a wet paper bag is about as much use as the proverbial chocolate teapot.

Archived