IGNORED

Director Of Football

Barrs Court Red

Given the much published demand from the board that signings have value for money, and the lack of any real movement over the summer, would it not be sensible to explore this option?

It would be the perfect chance to bring in someone to not only handle transfers, but also to try and bring some value to our stuttering youth system.

Given the much published demand from the board that signings have value for money, and the lack of any real movement over the summer, would it not be sensible to explore this option?

It would be the perfect chance to bring in someone to not only handle transfers, but also to try and bring some value to our stuttering youth system.

Do you know what? I think Keith would be suited to a director of football role. He knows good player and he knows how to structure a club (at least his plans make perfect sense) but tactically he is fallin short.

He'd be ideal in a boardroom sort of role whilst a better tactician took charge on the pitch.

This is the first time I've seriously question him... He needs to watch Mike Bassett. "Four four ******* two"

Oddly enough it is a role that would have suited Coppell I think with Keith as first team coach. As to the Rovers comparison it seems to me they went into a spiral when they dumped Lawrence and put a man who is a coach but had no managerial qualities in charge.

I agree with JT, Millen clearly a clever bloke who's got the ideas, he's just generally finding it hard to put it into practice.

Sitting back as a director of football may help him focus on these ideas, whilst someone else carries on with the management of the team.

Didn't work for Rovers, it's another head honcho which requires wages and I think alot of our youth are getting into the first team just fine.

As in Lenny Lawrence?? it certainly did work for Rovers. They got promoted and had a stable season after that. They started to go down hill the minute after Lenny left.

To be fair though, I dont want one. If you were going to have one, you bring them both in together like Rovers did. Not bring one in a year down the line, it just undermines the manager

Seems to work in Europe- Mourinho had a director of football at Inter and won the treble! Ramos had one at Sevilla when he got them into the CL and won the UEFA twice on the bounce, Sevilla played some excellent football too. Course, they also had some very good players at their disposal but the Rovers point- yeah they seemed to decline sharply when Lawrence left...

As in Lenny Lawrence?? it certainly did work for Rovers. They got promoted and had a stable season after that. They started to go down hill the minute after Lenny left.

To be fair though, I dont want one. If you

were going to have one, you bring them both in together like Rovers did. Not bring one in a year down the line, it just undermines the manager

If that's the case then why not make David James director of football? Experienced enough and knows the system in and out. He'd be more useful with his contacts alone than in goal.

To be fair though, I dont want one. If you were going to have one, you bring them both in together like Rovers did. Not bring one in a year down the line, it just undermines the manager

I was about to post this. I don't want one but it clearly worked for them!

Archived