IGNORED

Im A Trifle Worried

leadman

last year at this stage, you just knew that we would be safe and get it sorted.

this year, i just dont get that feeling, unless we bring another rabbitt(or 2) out of the hat like caulker, i think its gonna be long old campaign.

the club is slipping, everyone seems bored with the football, negative tactice blah blah blah, it went wrong under gj in the end, i just think its life in the championship, allways 1 or outstanding and 1 or 2 dross, the rest just scrap it out.

it sounds like we need a couple of defenders to get into the pack.

last year at this stage, you just knew that we would be safe and get it sorted.

this year, i just dont get that feeling, unless we bring another rabbitt(or 2) out of the hat like caulker, i think its gonna be long old campaign.

the club is slipping, everyone seems bored with the football, negative tactice blah blah blah, it went wrong under gj in the end, i just think its life in the championship, allways 1 or outstanding and 1 or 2 dross, the rest just scrap it out.

it sounds like we need a couple of defenders to get into the pack.

Really? At this stage last year I was far more depressed than I am now. We had made several major signings, and many hardly inspired confidence. We had massive injuries and Maynard was out for the long haul. We had to start the season with Clarkson and Adomah as our main strikers, for heaven's sake.

The squad is stronger this year but not clicking yet. Having said that, we were given a very difficult start to the season: Ipswich are a bogey team, Cardiff away is always one of the most difficult matches of the season, and now we have to go to money-bags Leicester.

I'm not happy with what has happened so far, and clearly we despertely need to find some form and to replace Stephen Caulker, but it is early days and I think most people would not have given us much chance of getting more than 4 points from the first three games, so even if we lose all three its not disastrous. What would be disastrous is if we fail to find our form, even with a stronger squad than last season. The Maynard situation needs resolving - I remember when Andy Cole was in a similar position and it had a very negative effect on team morale and results suffered - but we need to pick up soon. If Keith Millen can't motivate the squad he has, then I will be very worried indeed.

Archived