IGNORED

Relegation, Is It The End Of The World

terjon

I have been saying for the past 2 seasons that we need better defenders, Maccalister, Fonts, Ribs, Carey, Hunt, Stuart, Nyatanga, are either too old, injury prone, or simply not good enough, we need leaders on the pitch. Carey has been great but its time to look elsewhere,

I think their contract are holding us back, nobody wants any of these players and we are left with at least 6 defenders who aint good enough. Millen is not the man for the job thats simple, but his hands are tied with a squad that clearly needs lots of changes and any manager who comes in wouldn't be able to spend either.

If we go down is it the end of the world,

Ok lets hope we dont go down, but at present with things as they are I think that is most likely unless we can shipp out the dead wood about 10 players and bring in better quality, I can't see that happening.

On the flip side, some teams have gone down over the years, re-grouped and come back stronger than ever, look at Norwich, Newcastle, even Leeds and maybe Southampton this season,

I think contracts are holding us back and we cannot keep signing players if nobody will take the dead wood off our hands, we have a wage bill and all the money is being paid out. There is no magic wand. either that or we sell our best players and try and buy better average players all over the pitch, not the answer in my book.

any thoughts guys

I have been saying for the past 2 seasons that we need better defenders, Maccalister, Fonts, Ribs, Carey, Hunt, Stuart, Nyatanga, are either too old, injury prone, or simply not good enough, we need leaders on the pitch. Carey has been great but its time to look elsewhere,

I think their contract are holding us back, nobody wants any of these players and we are left with at least 6 defenders who aint good enough. Millen is not the man for the job thats simple, but his hands are tied with a squad that clearly needs lots of changes and any manager who comes in wouldn't be able to spend either.

Ok lets hope we dont go down, but at present with things as they are I think that is most likely unless we can shipp out the dead wood about 10 players and bring in better quality, I can't see that happening.

On the flip side, some teams have gone down over the years, re-grouped and come back stronger than ever, look at Norwich, Newcastle, even Leeds and maybe Southampton this season,

I think contracts are holding us back and we cannot keep signing players if nobody will take the dead wood off our hands, we have a wage bill and all the money is being paid out. There is no magic wand. either that or we sell our best players and try and buy better average players all over the pitch, not the answer in my book.

any thoughts guys

It took 9 years to come back up last time.

TERJY! :D missed you!

Well I missed you too.

I have had nothing to write about on here over the past season, so thought it best to keep quiet, just reading all the posts,

Its not looking good and I have just read the EP so sums up what I thought, all the budget being spent on players who aint good enough, Millen will get the blame just not sure thats really fair on the guy, although he is not the man for the job,

Lets hope someone stupid comes in and takes all the bloody dross players we have built up over the past couple of seasons, maybe Copout should pay hunt and stewarts wages.

Has the 4th horseman been laid off due to the current economic crisis? Tough times for all, it seems.

:laugh:

Also; the club should resist relegation at all costs. I imagine SL is waiting for work to start on the new stadium before he is willing to invest in the club. If the town green thing rears its ugly head again we could be in real trouble as I think that would put a halt to any investment in the team...

any thoughts guys

Has the 4th horseman been laid off due to the current economic crisis? Tough times for all, it seems.

:laugh:,

putting things in perspective, my support is unconditional for the club.

Yes i own rosey glasses and they fit well and suit me. I'm not changing them just becuase the reality has not matched my expectations or hopes. Fight on, fight hard. We must!

Archived