IGNORED

Creative Thinking.

GrahamC

Clearly I'm not privvy to all the facts with regard to our transfer policy but taken on face value it seems pretty obvious that Millen is struggling to offload the likes of Lee Johnson, Stewart and Clarkson from his squad, let alone Nicky Hunt.

That being the case and assuming (as stated) that he isn't allowed to add to the squad without someone leaving, I can only see three solutions;

The first is that he tells the board to sell Maynard and uses the funds generated to improve the defence and possibly also to pay 1 or 2 contracts up.

Secondly that he adopts a more pragmatic approach and includes the likes of Cisse, Hunt and Stewart in his side when necessary. All 3 of whom have played at Championship level and surely must have more to offer than we have seen.

Finally (and of course he may have already done this) that he adopts a more pro active attitude to moving the players on that appear to have no takers. As an example, someone like say Dean Lewington of MK Dons, without being the solution on his own, is for me an affordable improvement on what we have at left back and so a phone call offering them some cash plus one of Clarkson Johnson, Stewart or Cisse might possibly yield results and would also move someone off the wage bill.

I think the first two games have already shown that doing nothing is just likely to see us suffer many more defeats.......

Archived