IGNORED

Louis Carey

foghornred

city.gifWhat has Louis Carey done wrong ? It is obivous that our problems are in defence and in our squad we have a defender who has been there and done it and come out with flying colours.

Louis is a leader on the pitch and one of the few player who can tackle,admittedly he has lost a little pace but his positional sense makes sure that he is rarely caught out,with younger players looking for guidance he should return.

Louis has to return to the centre of our defence worship2.gif

Things will get much worse if LC is in the side.

Remember Cardiff (0-6) & Doncaster (2-5).....the captain & cB on that day......Louis Carey.

Can't understand why we gave him another contract tbh and perhaps this is why CS is getting tough with KM.

BCAGFC

Remember Cardiff (0-6) & Doncaster (2-5).....the captain & cB on that day......Louis Carey.

Can't understand why we gave him another contract tbh and perhaps this is why CS is getting tough with KM.

BCAGFC

Agree that he isn't the answer, however the second part doesn't seem to make much sense, as the conversation would have had to have gone something like this,

KM - Colin, i would like to offer Carey a 1 year contract extension.

CS - Sounds good to me, i'll get on the negotiations right away.

after the negotiations have been completed,

CS - Kieth, i know i sanctioned the new contract for Louis, but after agreeing to it i've decided i don't like it and am going to punish you for it.

KM - WTF.

Why would he sanction the new contract and then decide to get tough with Millen over something he agreed with?

Agree that he isn't the answer, however the second part doesn't seem to make much sense, as the conversation would have had to have gone something like this,

KM - Colin, i would like to offer Carey a 1 year contract extension.

CS - Sounds good to me, i'll get on the negotiations right away.

after the negotiations have been completed,

CS - Kieth, i know i sanctioned the new contract for Louis, but after agreeing to it i've decided i don't like it and am going to punish you for it.

KM - WTF.

Why would he sanction the new contract and then decide to get tough with Millen over something he agreed with?

Interestingly enough Keith declared pretty much as soon as the season was over that he would be giving Louis a new contract. Several weeks passed before Colin was quoted as saying we'll have to see, Louis has had a serious injury etc.. Eventually of course he got his contract but I did get the impression Colin was a bit miffed at Keith publicly announcing he was giving a player a contract without consulting him. Colin is a lot more hands on than Steve in the Chairman's role it seems and very much the man in charge.

BCAGFC

city.gifWhat has Louis Carey done wrong ? It is obivous that our problems are in defence and in our squad we have a defender who has been there and done it and come out with flying colours.

Louis is a leader on the pitch and one of the few player who can tackle,admittedly he has lost a little pace but his positional sense makes sure that he is rarely caught out,with younger players looking for guidance he should return.

Louis has to return to the centre of our defence worship2.gif

Agree with all these comments about Louis not being a long term soluton but our problems are very short term - eg tomorrow night !

However he's been suffering from a stomach bug for the last week or so so hasnt been match fit to play - hopefully he will be available tomorrow night

Carey is awful and from what I hear is one of those players that has too much of a say in the club.

Should of been shipped out to League 1 or 2 in the summer bad move by the club keeping him here IMO

Then Im afraid you hear wrong he is a quiet and unassuming character off the field. He is however respected by the management for his knowledge and this was a primary reason why he was given another seasons Contract.

On that basis he can only improve the way the defence is playing at the moment as its much of a similar standard to DIV 2.

I think Carey is worth his place in the back four for his motivational qualities alone...and ceratinly he would do the world of good in encouraging the youngsters Spence and Wilson to improve their performances.

He never was that quick so losing a yard of pace wont make much difference.

I think we will see him back in the team before too long.

For me the first name on the team sheet, despite lack of pace he has good positional sense and battling attributes.

Long term obviously not the answer but there has to be an able consistant permormer before replacing.

Louis is far better in the middle than at right back unless we decide that both full backs defend only and allow wide midfield to cheat a little more!

A pharmacist I work with has known Louis since he was a kid and has said that he still isn't quite right from that knock he took towards the end of last season. Having said that he needs to be in the team for his leadership. How Fontaine is captain I'll never know has he ever in the years he's been at the club shouted at anyone on the pitch? When Careys out Elliot on even mccalister should be captain at least they talk and shout on the pitch

Archived