IGNORED

The Robins

madmax

The Robins was taken over 'again' yesterday by some great people Scott and Michelle Higgins. They are die hard City supporters and will give it their best in injecting life back in to the old place again. They have plans but these plans will take time so please bear with them but gradually will start to see changes around the place.

If anyone has any SENSIBLE suggestions (bearing in mind it''s my local) please let me know and I'll pass them on to Scott and Michelle.

Please support Scott and Michelle as much as you can and hopefully we'll see the Robins restored to it's former glory!

MM

The Robins was taken over 'again' yesterday by some great people Scott and Michelle Higgins. They are die hard City supporters and will give it their best in injecting life back in to the old place again. They have plans but these plans will take time so please bear with them but gradually will start to see changes around the place.

If anyone has any SENSIBLE suggestions (bearing in mind it''s my local) please let me know and I'll pass them on to Scott and Michelle.

Please support Scott and Michelle as much as you can and hopefully we'll see the Robins restored to it's former glory!

MM

as long as they don't run out of on tap beer they will do fine

Is there a car park?

There is a great place in Cardiff called Gol. It's a 5 a side centre about 10 minutes walk from the ground.

You park for £4, which is redeemed as a £4 bar voucher. Works great in getting people into the bar. They also offer 5 a side for free for the kids.

Obviously the pub wouldn't have 5 a side pitches, but if it has a car park, the idea of charging for parking, with the cost being met with a bar voucher is a very good one.

MM

Good luck to Scott and Michelle. I dont live so close these days but have been going in the Robins on Matchdays for five decades. It must be a dificult sell 13 days/evenings a week as they have to cater for being jam packed for two hours every fortnight and the occasional mid week game, however a nice bit of fencing and an inviting outside may help sell the place in the summer...

Good Luck Again!

Why don't they try something like having a local ale from each away club that visits, with some kind of stamp available. Different bottles ales from around the UK can be fairly easy to come by now.

Anyone who gets a stamp for each game, gets some kind of beer token or prize at the end of the season.

The real ale market is growing, it might create some publicity, will encourage people to come back each week, and ensures a different drink on each time.

Why don't they try something like having a local ale from each away club that visits, with some kind of stamp available. Different bottles ales from around the UK can be fairly easy to come by now.

Anyone who gets a stamp for each game, gets some kind of beer token or prize at the end of the season.

The real ale market is growing, it might create some publicity, will encourage people to come back each week, and ensures a different drink on each time.

Brighton are doing that at their new ground, i think its a great idea and what should be very effective PR for inter club harmony.

The only issue is being left with too many kegs or crates of Brains Bitter; it used to be quite an acquired taste!

Is there a car park?

There is a great place in Cardiff called Gol. It's a 5 a side centre about 10 minutes walk from the ground.

You park for £4, which is redeemed as a £4 bar voucher. Works great in getting people into the bar. They also offer 5 a side for free for the kids.

Obviously the pub wouldn't have 5 a side pitches, but if it has a car park, the idea of charging for parking, with the cost being met with a bar voucher is a very good one.

Park your car and get free beer!! The police would have a field day with their breathalysers.

Brighton are doing that at their new ground, i think its a great idea and what should be very effective PR for inter club harmony.

The only issue is being left with too many kegs or crates of Brains Bitter; it used to be quite an acquired taste!

Ah, Brains is fine. The Bitter is the least desirable in it's stable. Now if the Robins will get an 'Untapped' beer, or an 'Artisan' beer for the visit of Cardiff, then I'll be there like a shot..

Get Sky TV back in ASAP, the Robins lost loads of after match drinkers when the it was taken out.

Get the Pool & Darts teams back playing.

Take advantage of the 'Parking' opportunity on the Imperial site. ;)

BCAGFC

[Always use Robins but thought Imperial site had withdrawn parking?/quote]

welcome to the robins. i would like to see lots of pictures/scarfs/shirts around the walls. Outside could do with a paint up, maybe more benches put out. a jukebox with all the wurzels would be brilliant! open up both bars on match days. definitely need sky back on the tv!

Would'nt be happy about paying for parking though.

welcome to the robins. i would like to see lots of pictures/scarfs/shirts around the walls. Outside could do with a paint up, maybe more benches put out. a jukebox with all the wurzels would be brilliant! open up both bars on match days. definitely need sky back on the tv!

Would'nt be happy about paying for parking though.

That REALLY needs to be done, they have lost A LOT of custom through not having enough staff on and only using one bar.

Wurzels played for an hour after the game (if we win) would be a very good idea as well, Lions used to be rocking.

BCAGFC

Sky is on order so I am aware but may be some weeks before installing. They have TV Screens ready to go in so plenty of room to see games, results etc... Not been in on match days for sometime but as far as I am aware both bars will be open this Saturday.

The pub is already looking better, cleaner and improved. I don't think they will be allowed guest ales unless the brewery has a say so that may be difficult, but a great idea and one to mention! There is car parking, you will have to check with Scott about leaving your car during the game, but doubt it would be a problem if you support him and Michelle!

They are working hard and will be bringing it back to its best....a football and die hard BCFC, Ashton Boys FC (local youth football team) etc...pub.

I'm sure we all wish them well and the support they have had on here and in the pub so far has been superb.

MM

Sky is on order so I am aware but may be some weeks before installing. They have TV Screens ready to go in so plenty of room to see games, results etc... Not been in on match days for sometime but as far as I am aware both bars will be open this Saturday.

The pub is already looking better, cleaner and improved. I don't think they will be allowed guest ales unless the brewery has a say so that may be difficult, but a great idea and one to mention! There is car parking, you will have to check with Scott about leaving your car during the game, but doubt it would be a problem if you support him and Michelle!

They are working hard and will be bringing it back to its best....a football and die hard BCFC, Ashton Boys FC (local youth football team) etc...pub.

I'm sure we all wish them well and the support they have had on here and in the pub so far has been superb.

MM

He should definitely tap into Ashton boys FC, one of the biggest boys teams in the country, when my boys were playing for them we used either BS3 or the submarine club, maybe putting on a little free grub on sundays so the boys could go there after their morning and afternoon games, plenty of piss-head dads (and mums) involved with Ashton boys as well!!

Archived