IGNORED

How To Run A Business

Bubble

Now I may be over simplifying this but this is just an example

Assume there are 13 players out of contract at the end of the season. Of those 13 one is Maynard, I will come to him separately, of the remaining 12, assume we need to keep 2 to cover a lack of any alternative at present in a position, this leaves us with 10 players out of contract with no future at the club.

In simple maths assume the average weekly wage is 5k on average for those players so were in August therefore there is approx. 10 months left of their contracts so again assuming a 4 week month if you release all 10 players that equates to a cost of £2 million. I reckon that there are some shrewd cookies of those 10 that would take a lower fee to pay up their contract in the know that they will be a free agent and can secure a signing on fee so say we save ½ million there so total cost of releasing players from contracts is £1.5m.

Now go back to Leicester, West Ham or Newcastle and offer Nicky Maynard for a straight cash deal of £5Mil with small clauses 20% next sell on 2 million if he represents England etc. Ignoring the clauses, Maynard's wages assume 15k a week at present with maybe appearance fee in that number so using the same maths above Maynard would save us 600k over the next 10 months.

So if we offset all of that the £1.5m cost of releasing all the 10 and then reduce by the saving in Maynard's wages it actually costs £900k + we receive £5mil therefore a net balance of £4.1m. That would buy a decent centre back x 2 a left back and leave £ to spend on any other loan signings that would improve the squad.

Colin give me a call!

Thoughts?

The unfortunate thing is many of the players going out of contract are our ex apprentices, who I suspect would have a problem finding a league club and are still hoping (I suspect totally in vein) they can make it here!

Of the other players Reid Ribiero Wilson and Edwards are on the fringes...leaving Hunt and LJ as out of contract next June with only LJ realistically having the chance of a new club.

But with so many pro's on the dole signing on fees might not be so good if you are looking toward Yeovil or Northapton (I personally like LJ and still think he could play a part here, however KM clearly thinks not), so it could be tried, but the majority of the players concerned I suspect are not on the kind of wages that you would think and you are then ruling out the possibility of a first team breakthrough by Holloway, Ball etc...

So my advice would be suck it up and pay what you are contracted to do and reorganize when players are out of contract NEXT SUMMER. In the meantime find the money for two new players as the alternative is the twilight zone of league1

this year is a right off already. Im already looking forward to next season with less dead weight on board millens work is a work in progress. I dont personally believe we will get relegated. It will be a typical city season of highs and lows. All the talk from the board about promotion before the kick off did us no favours just made there job harder with expectations higher. I personally dont think millen will keep his job and the board will give in to fan pressure to remove him ala johnson. i believe millen can make a good side with another season under his belt. Sacking him will put back another season but you never know there could be someone out there who could better. Im rambling a little here at the end of the day whatever will be will be and i shall do my best to make sure im a witness.

The unfortunate thing is many of the players going out of contract are our ex apprentices, who I suspect would have a problem finding a league club and are still hoping (I suspect totally in vein) they can make it here!

Of the other players Reid Ribiero Wilson and Edwards are on the fringes...leaving Hunt and LJ as out of contract next June with only LJ realistically having the chance of a new club.

But with so many pro's on the dole signing on fees might not be so good if you are looking toward Yeovil or Northapton (I personally like LJ and still think he could play a part here, however KM clearly thinks not), so it could be tried, but the majority of the players concerned I suspect are not on the kind of wages that you would think and you are then ruling out the possibility of a first team breakthrough by Holloway, Ball etc...

So my advice would be suck it up and pay what you are contracted to do and reorganize when players are out of contract NEXT SUMMER. In the meantime find the money for two new players as the alternative is the twilight zone of league1

we go to many players on our books who are in the categorie of "could do a job if called upon" but not enough quality players who play week in week out and having to many fringe players restricts the chance of signing these players. BIG clearout needed dare i say it ala rovers

To be honest I'm looking forward to next season more considering the amount of contracts up at the end of the season.

I feel Millen has a really hard job this season of trying to train 30+ players to play the way he wants when only 11 of them would be starting on matchday.

The less players there are the more time he has to focus on individuals.

Now I may be over simplifying this but this is just an example

Assume there are 13 players out of contract at the end of the season. Of those 13 one is Maynard, I will come to him separately, of the remaining 12, assume we need to keep 2 to cover a lack of any alternative at present in a position, this leaves us with 10 players out of contract with no future at the club.

In simple maths assume the average weekly wage is 5k on average for those players so were in August therefore there is approx. 10 months left of their contracts so again assuming a 4 week month if you release all 10 players that equates to a cost of £2 million. I reckon that there are some shrewd cookies of those 10 that would take a lower fee to pay up their contract in the know that they will be a free agent and can secure a signing on fee so say we save ½ million there so total cost of releasing players from contracts is £1.5m.

Now go back to Leicester, West Ham or Newcastle and offer Nicky Maynard for a straight cash deal of £5Mil with small clauses 20% next sell on 2 million if he represents England etc. Ignoring the clauses, Maynard's wages assume 15k a week at present with maybe appearance fee in that number so using the same maths above Maynard would save us 600k over the next 10 months.

So if we offset all of that the £1.5m cost of releasing all the 10 and then reduce by the saving in Maynard's wages it actually costs £900k + we receive £5mil therefore a net balance of £4.1m. That would buy a decent centre back x 2 a left back and leave £ to spend on any other loan signings that would improve the squad.

Colin give me a call!

Thoughts?

All depends on what wages your 'decent' signings would be on.

Whilst your example generates a pot of cash for transfers it might not lower the overall wage bill which is what I thought KM, CS and SL want?

Archived