IGNORED

Cisse

Lordofthebling

Have I missed something? Why is he suddenly "out of favour?".

He was brilliant in midfield for a large part last season?

A lot of the forum see him as our holding midfielder, so why doesn't Keef?

Maybe because it would mean dropping Skuse or Elliott, which Keef doesn't seem keen on?

But I just can't understand dropping a player who has bags of experience at a time / situation like we are in, in a position he's actually good at.

Hunt I can understand being out of favour, as he was simply rubbish - but Cisse actually did a job for Keef.

I like Skuse as the utility man, but Cisse is a better player in the middle of the park surely?

Doesn't make a great deal of sense on surface for sure.

With everyone fit and available with no off field issues, he'd be in most people's XI surely?

He'd probably start for me if his attitude and fitness were right. Didn't he come back for pre-season with Rick Waller's body though? Perhaps that's why he's fallen out of favour. It would send the wrong message out to everyone else in the squad that a lack of professionalism is acceptable.

If he has come back in poor shape then fair enough I guess, it just baffles me why he isn't in the mix.

An ex Premier League footballer, with the prospect of playing bit part for a rookie manager in a relegation dogfight - what is there not to be motivated about and keep in shape?! (Sarcasm)

He'd probably start for me if his attitude and fitness were right. Didn't he come back for pre-season with Rick Waller's body though? Perhaps that's why he's fallen out of favour. It would send the wrong message out to everyone else in the squad that a lack of professionalism is acceptable.

Mullen seems to have had issues with all three of Coppell's signings at different times.

If Cisse has come back in no fit shape after the summer then the manager was absolutely right to make an example if him. What threw a slight curve ball in was his international call up. Now Mali, with all due respect, aren't blessed with a plethora of options, but presumably he is capable of playing yet not being considered, for whatever reason, by the manager.

I think it is difficult to read the situation, but I wonder whether certain players - namely Coppell's big three, lack respect for an inexperienced manager which was thrust upon them.

Archived