IGNORED

Effort From Maynard

dougal135

he's put effort in in all 3 games and had one chalked off against ipswich he's just not got the service,

You can't expect him to defend create and score only the score part is his job and he's the only player to score for city, if he goes we are in deep shit

He's giving it his all for city and you can ask no more then that and if no prem club comes in for the next 10 days then I still think he'll sign,

One things for sure he won't be going to leicester after goading their fans

he's put effort in in all 3 games and had one chalked off against Ipswich

Sorry dont agree about the Ipswich game he was well off the pace, yes he had one chalked off and he had the one save point blank, but he really didnt look interested.

Hopefully he's now got his head right and can play like we all know he can for his last couple of games for us. I'd be amazed if he's still with us in the next 2 weeks.

Surely the real question here is with last nights EP story stating that City might have to sell Maynard to finance defensive signings.

For me that would be a great pity, I think he is far too important to us to sacrifice for defenders, unless of course he refuses to sign a new contract. I have always thought with perhaps 1 quality youngster hopefully Boyata we have the defensive quality already at the club and with proper coaching i'm sure they can be more than good enough. I personally would rather see any money made available be used as incentives to shift on Hunt, Stewart, Clarkson and Johnson.

That's my opinion, what does everyone else think.

Sorry dont agree about the Ipswich game he was well off the pace, yes he had one chalked off and he had the one save point blank, but he really didnt look interested.

Hopefully he's now got his head right and can play like we all know he can for his last couple of games for us. I'd be amazed if he's still with us in the next 2 weeks.

complete horseshit, he was one of 3 players (the others being skuse and McAllister) to come out of that game with any credit

Did you watch the same match...... He looked like bambi on ice and miles off the pace v Ipswich.

yes from the ateyo out of interest how many chances did he get?

how much service from the midfield did he get?

and who completely out played him in that match?

A striker will look like he's putting no effort in if he doesn't get a ball to run onto Maynard had to come deep in that game because the midfield was shocking and couldn't pass the ball forward,

the fact he put one just past the post one in but disaloud and one very good save from their keeper in that game show more effort then the entire midfield and back four put together

yes from the ateyo out of interest how many chances did he get?

how much service from the midfield did he get?

and who completely out played him in that match?

A striker will look like he's putting no effort in if he doesn't get a ball to run onto Maynard had to come deep in that game because the midfield was shocking and couldn't pass the ball forward,

the fact he put one just past the post one in but disaloud and one very good save from their keeper in that game show more effort then the entire midfield and back four put together

From memory he had 2 good chances but my point was with the high standard he has set himself he had a very poor game he did not chase down the defence and gk like he normally does and fell over ? Amount of times and seem to lack any interest.

And as for who outplayed him ? Cant think of one they was all poor with the only player playing better than the rest was Skuse IMO.

But that is the beauty of football you can all watch a match and have completely different outlook on what you watched.

Amazing what happens when Maynard actually puts some effort in and looks slightly interested......... The fact that he probably only did it to look good infront of Leicester is by the by

Well Done Boys

Always Believe

I cant believe anyone thinks that any player does not try. EVERY player gives their all. People need to accept that sometimes that the player/team has a bad game or is not good enough.

Maynard would have given is all in every game for us.

From memory he had 2 good chances but my point was with the high standard he has set himself he had a very poor game he did not chase down the defence and gk like he normally does and fell over ? Amount of times and seem to lack any interest.

And as for who outplayed him ? Cant think of one they was all poor with the only player playing better than the rest was Skuse IMO.

But that is the beauty of football you can all watch a match and have completely different outlook on what you watched.

thats my point and I don't want to be having ago but you can't accuse some one of not putting any effort in when the whole team (skuse aside we can agree on that) were poor,

People are highlighting Maynard as he hasn't signed a contract and any game he doesnt score will be "He's not putting effort in" or "we should of sold him when we had the chance"

He is the best player at this club and the fact no other player has scored for us tells us all we need to know about how important he is

I cant believe anyone thinks that any player does not try. EVERY player gives their all. People need to accept that sometimes that the player/team has a bad game or is not good enough.

Maynard would have given is all in every game for us.

Sorry but David James gave **** all 1st game of season......I havent been as angry and still am about that 3rd goal on the day, probably the most disrespectful and unprofessional thing i have seen when your team is 2 goals down and the crowd are on your back.....

Easily should have blasted the ball in the stand, at 2-0 a late goal could have given us a sniff, 3-0 we were killed off

I usually agree with a lot you say on here Riaz and i would put you up as one of the most educated posters on the forum, but i have to disagree with the James love in. Time for Gerken to be given a run albeit against softer opposition and try and build some confidence.

Sorry but David James gave **** all 1st game of season......I havent been as angry and still am about that 3rd goal on the day, probably the most disrespectful and unprofessional thing i have seen when your team is 2 goals down and the crowd are on your back.....

Easily should have blasted the ball in the stand, at 2-0 a late goal could have given us a sniff, 3-0 we were killed off

I usually agree with a lot you say on here Riaz and i would put you up as one of the most educated posters on the forum, but i have to disagree with the James love in. Time for Gerken to be given a run albeit against softer opposition and try and build some confidence.

Stupid goal to concede, but its a mistake - dont think he does not care.

Even Gerken and McAllister always give their all. All players make mistakes - The better players make less

ps I have no love in for David James. Just dont want Gerken in goal. Rather have Lew Carey!

except 14 clean sheets

except 14 clean sheets

Is this a standard reply, have seen this very comment on a few threads now, and an average of over 2 goals conceded for the other 32 games, including some proper hammerings!!! Sorry while Henderson should have been retained, and if i go back further i thought Chris Weale was a great keeper also, its time to give Gerken a run now and see what he can do

YeA because the defense has played no part in that have they

A player plays 52 times for his country puts no effort in

Wind your neck in you are so wrong it's comical

Yes he's been poor but to say he doesn't put effort in Jesus Christ

YeA because the defense has played no part in that have they

A player plays 52 times for his country puts no effort in

Wind your neck in you are so wrong it's comical

Yes he's been poor but to say he doesn't put effort in Jesus Christ

As did the defence then on your 14 clean sheets comment.....

No need to wind my neck in, thought his performance 1st game of season was a disgrace, im not alone in thinking this.

Our manager also thinks its time for a change and i would hazard a guess that gerken will now be given a run of games to prove himself....which i totally agree with, im fully behind Deano and hope he takes his chance

Archived