IGNORED

Gerken Interview

Economou

Well (Big DJ fan myself) DJ has been struggling with "regulation saves" this last few weeks.

I for one think it was the right decision. But to hail Gerken's performance as spectacular or worthy of MOM is stretching it a bit far. He was there, he wasn't over busy, he did his job, made one decent enough save and will be disappointed with the goal. Gordon Banks he was not.

I for one think it was the right decision. But to hail Gerken's performance as spectacular or worthy of MOM is stretching it a bit far. He was there, he wasn't over busy, he did his job, made one decent enough save and will be disappointed with the goal. Gordon Banks he was not.

I'm not sure you were saying I had, But I've not said that at all. Infact I have been quite damning of him in the Highlights thread..

I'd personally always feel a lot more confident with DJ between the sticks than with DG, but that's a personal preference and it doesn't really matter so long as we win ;)

If we picked an 11 which consisted of James and Gerkin, would we have to declare which one was playing in goal?

I mean, they could just both stand of the goal line all innocent like and we have halved their entire teams chance of scoring, it would also freak out the striker, which one was the real keeper?... While pondering this conundrum our defence would have won possession back and they would still be none the wiser who the keeper is!

Good idea but I think the guy in the 'not red' top would give it away! :farmer:

Archived