IGNORED

Ryan Harley To Brighton

the frampton balti

Surely hes our midfield playmaker or is it simply a case of no going back or too many ginger players or maybe its already been discussed . get coat etc etc...........................................

Wasn't there some friends of his posting here when he was mentioned at Exeter, suggesting that he had burnt his bridges and would never consider returning here? I seem to remember something along those lines. Pity, I used to rate him, but then again I thought Ashley Kington was the future so what do I know :(.

Wasn't there some friends of his posting here when he was mentioned at Exeter, suggesting that he had burnt his bridges and would never consider returning here? I seem to remember something along those lines. Pity, I used to rate him, but then again I thought Ashley Kington was the future so what do I know :(.

No, he would have been interested in coming back to City but was never given the opportunity. City never contacted Exeter. He wanted to stay down this way as he had recently become a dad and his missus didnt want to leave Avonmouth. he did turn down Derby at one, who put an offer of £8k a week on the table

Ryan was always a talented player, but needed to move away from Bristol. It was the kick up the arse he needed and he wouldnt be where he is now had he stayed with City. Not because he wouldnt have had the chance, because he didnt have the right attitude

Ashley Kington had some off the field issues which I won't go into detail on here which halted his career. I saw him play for Mickey Bells clevedon on monday night against M'field and he's a shadow of the player he was when he played for city.

Ashley Kington had some off the field issues which I won't go into detail on here which halted his career. I saw him play for Mickey Bells clevedon on monday night against M'field and he's a shadow of the player he was when he played for city.

Unfortunately, a lot of these kids dont have the maturity, or the correct attitudes, to work hard and get back into the football league. Harley was lucky, he hit a crossroads when he was released and fair play to him he eventually chose the right path by working his socks off and he got his opportunity at Conference side Exeter.

To many players just disappear because their attitudes are sh*t. Marvin Brown, Ben Cleverley and Tristain Plummer to name a few. Frankie Artus had ability.....but loved his social life far to much. Wasters

No, he would have been interested in coming back to City but was never given the opportunity. City never contacted Exeter. He wanted to stay down this way as he had recently become a dad and his missus didnt want to leave Avonmouth.

Ryan was always a talented player, but needed to move away from Bristol. It was the kick up the arse he needed and he wouldnt be where he is now had he stayed with City. Not because he wouldnt have had the chance, because he didnt have the right attitude

Thanks Andy I stand corrected....Brighton's a bit of trek then...............

Shame, we obviously don't see what goes on behind the scenes much, but sometimes I think it's the only explanation for the wasted talent over the years. It may also explain why apparently less talented footballers make it through sheer hard work.

Unfortunately, a lot of these kids dont have the maturity, or the correct attitudes, to work hard and get back into the football league. Harley was lucky, he hit a crossroads when he was released and fair play to him he eventually chose the right path by working his socks off and he got his opportunity at Conference side Exeter.

To many players just disappear because their attitudes are sh*t. Marvin Brown, Ben Cleverley and Tristain Plummer to name a few. Frankie Artus had ability.....but loved his social life far to much. Wasters

To be fair to Frankie when ever i saw him out he usually had a drink of orange in his hand (unless it had a shot of gin/vodka) great credit to Harley for turning his career around, didn't he drop right down the leagues to W.S.M.?

I think a few years ago when we had a few of our academy as well as a few Bristol guys in the team they gave off the impression they had 'made it'. At the time we were a top 6 league one side but just kept bottling it as we all know. I used to see Spencer, Odejayi, Amankwaah, Aaron Brown, Lee Matthews et al in all of the Bristol hotspots and The Works always seemed to be the place to be. You would have thought they were premier league players the way they used to behave, thinking back it was embarrasing. A few of the younger generation again probably looked up to these lads and that was the beginning of the end for them if they thought this was the pinnacle.

There is a reason why the likes of Southampton and Cardiff can make millions from their kids and we make diddly squat, I think the drink culture started very young in ours and we never quite got rid of it...........

W-S-M was a wake up call him for him, regardless of how long he was their it was what was needed and he's one of the few who's turned it around.

People declaring him the playmaker we need is a step too far however, remember how many games has he actually played at this level? ZERO. He did well for Exeter at a small club with little pressure, but speaking to a number of Exeter fans in Pre-Season when in Devon, he was out-shone last season by David Noble.

As for him joining City, Millen knows him well enough from his time at City as he was coaching when he came through the system and was Assistant Manager when he made his debut, so knows all about him more than most.

Based on his transfer dealings, I trust his judgement.

I'm surprised that you included Tristan Plummer in that list of wasters. Not that I know him or anything, but he plays for my mates church team so I assumed he was probably sqeaky clean. Anyone know where it went wrong for him?

I'm surprised that you included Tristan Plummer in that list of wasters. Not that I know him or anything, but he plays for my mates church team so I assumed he was probably sqeaky clean. Anyone know where it went wrong for him?

Waster may be harsh, but from England u19 world cup was it? To Hanham Sunday FC then a church team? You got to question what happened

Archived