IGNORED

Weather Forecast

Why do people want the roof closed?

Its only a little bit of rain, and football is a game allegedly played outside by hardened, toughened individuals.

cos the it will be louder with the roof closed

Guest Rikku

The atmosphere is apparently electric with the roof closed, plus we don't want a wet pitch - Leon Knight will find it even easier to slip over in the penalty area! :@ :laugh:

who makes the decision as to wether the roof is closed of not????
I asked that and was told it is the stadium management. Nothing to do with the teams, ref etc.

I would like it shut this time, just for the experience. Been there last time when it was opened, now i would like closed. There can't be many paces in the world that you can watch football 'indoors' in an outdoor stadium?And the atmosphere/noise is said to be better, the LDV was disappointing...Hard to please aren't I :laugh:

I think you will find it is a joint decision between the some business man from the football league and the stadium manager probably with input from the groudns man. Personally although I would love to see a sell out game with the roof closed I am not to bothered and as long as the pitch isn't to wet then don't see why it has to be shut.

Archived