IGNORED

A Prayer For Help Against Enemies (brighton)

Ray White

1 My heart is steadfast, O God, my heart is steadfast; I will sing and make melody. Awake, my soul!

2 Awake, O harp and lyre! I will awake the dawn.

3 I will give thanks to you, O LORD, among the peoples, and I will sing praises to you among the nations.

4 For your steadfast love is higher than the heavens, and your faithfulness reaches to the clouds.

5 Be exalted, O God, above the heavens, and let your glory be over all the earth.

6 Give victory with your right hand, and answer me, so that those whom you love may be rescued.

7 God has promised in his sanctuary: "With exultation I will divide up Shechem, and portion out the Vale of Succoth.

8 Gilead is mine; Manasseh is mine; Ephraim is my helmet; Judah is my scepter.

9 Moab is my washbasin; on Edom I hurl my shoe; over Philistia I shout in triumph."

10 Who will bring me to the fortified city? Who will lead me to Edom?

11 Have you not rejected us, O God? You do not go out, O God, with our armies.

12 O grant us help against the foe, for human help is worthless.

13 With God we shall do valiantly; it is he who will tread down our foes.

1 My heart is steadfast, O God, my heart is steadfast; I will sing and make melody. Awake, my soul!

2 Awake, O harp and lyre! I will awake the dawn.

3 I will give thanks to you, O LORD, among the peoples, and I will sing praises to you among the nations.

4 For your steadfast love is higher than the heavens, and your faithfulness reaches to the clouds.

5 Be exalted, O God, above the heavens, and let your glory be over all the earth.

6 Give victory with your right hand, and answer me, so that those whom you love may be rescued.

7 God has promised in his sanctuary: "With exultation I will divide up Shechem, and portion out the Vale of Succoth.

8 Gilead is mine; Manasseh is mine; Ephraim is my helmet; Judah is my scepter.

9 Moab is my washbasin; on Edom I hurl my shoe; over Philistia I shout in triumph."

10 Who will bring me to the fortified city? Who will lead me to Edom?

11 Have you not rejected us, O God? You do not go out, O God, with our armies.

12 O grant us help against the foe, for human help is worthless.

13 With God we shall do valiantly; it is he who will tread down our foes.

Thank Christ for that, I thought it was going to be something about casting down the sons of Sodom ...

Very rousing - what tune do we sing it to ?

Guest bcfcsols
Thank Christ for that, I thought it was going to be something about casting down the sons of Sodom ...

Very rousing - what tune do we sing it to ?

hey, heeeeey baaby (oo ahh).........

Archived