IGNORED

Crowd Reaction To Gerkin

Abraham Romanovich

Couple of good saves, the point blank once was ace (it was straight at him but you can't ask more) one very good take in the air too under pressure. Made two fairly significant errors of judgement not unlike those James made against Ipswich but wasn't punished for them. Unremarkable either way IMO.

Couple of good saves, the point blank once was ace (it was straight at him but you can't ask more) one very good take in the air too under pressure. Made two fairly significant errors of judgement not unlike those James made against Ipswich but wasn't punished for them. Unremarkable either way IMO.

Agreed.

I thought the reaction to Gerken was a tad over the top. Considering that he was anything but faultless at Leicester he got a reaction like something usually reserved for a returning war hero.

He showed again today that he is a good shot stopper but struggles with the other elements of his game like commanding his area and distribution.

I'm glad people make him feel wanted and I'm not totally against the change but IMO the level of hysteria over 2 run of he mill 6/10 performances has been ridiculous, and so has the criticism of James.

My reaction to gerkins is that I like them on burgers.

My reaction to Gerken however is that he did the job well enough to ensure he retains his place in the team. Needs to work on claiming balls in his area but generally had a good game, the defence was clearly more confident with him behind them.

I thought the reaction to Gerken was a tad over the top. Considering that he was anything but faultless at Leicester he got a reaction like something usually reserved for a returning war hero.

He showed again today that he is a good shot stopper but struggles with the other elements of his game like commanding his area and distribution.

I'm glad people make him feel wanted and I'm not totally against the change but IMO the level of hysteria over 2 run of he mill 6/10 performances has been ridiculous, and so has the criticism of James.

Not so...imo..I said a week ago that dropping James would have a positive effect on the rest of the Defence and the proof is in the pudding..:tongue:

I'm not pro or anti James/Gerken, but-

After 2 games each,

James: Conceded 6

Gerken: Conceded 1

Just sayin'...

Says it all,gherkin cares,is the future,James has just been going through the motions,deserved to be dropped.

As said well done deano

Archived