IGNORED

Weather Warning

DC Red

It was the first quake I had experienced...I thought the building was about to collapse at one point. That said the west coast must be rolling their eyes at the east coast, as they get these quake magnitudes all the time. Half of the government staff went home early in panic - the traffic was horrendous. Brick buildings tended to have the most damage, but it is not that bad to be honest.

It was the first quake I had experienced...I thought the building was about to collapse at one point. That said the west coast must be rolling their eyes at the east coast, as they get these quake magnitudes all the time. Half of the government staff went home early in panic - the traffic was horrendous. Brick buildings tended to have the most damage, but it is not that bad to be honest.

Must have been pretty scary. Was worried for my daughter who is only 3, she lives just outside Philly but was having a nap at day care when it happened thankfully!! Always seems like there's something to worry about....

my mum and dad are in the Dominican Republic at the moment. They had to move hotels the other day in preperation.

Thankfully they're ok. Not sure if it will hit again, but apparently the "experts" didn't think it would be that bad.

They would need to be extremely unlucky to get a double hit in the DR: if they are desperate to experience it all over again, tell them to get on a flight to the Bahamas (looking like a direct hit there, albeit only as a Cat 1 or 2).

I have experienced 3 in my time here: nothing horrendous, but enough to make you think WTF as the building shakes and the ground moves about beneath you.

Archived